It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI expert needed : UFO in a photograph [ WA, US , Dec. 30 2012 ]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This photograph was submitted to MUFON yesterday [ Jan 9 , 2013 ] . An Unidentified flying object appears in a photograph captured over downtown Seattle on Dec. 30 2012 [Morning Time]. OP has asked for help from experts to determine what it is

Description of the object :

- Metallic
- No windows
- Invisible to Naked eye
- Noiseless

Original Image [Uploaded to MUFON]:

Witness Report :

On Dec. 30 2012 I was downtown killing time before meeting friends for a weekend of bringing in the new year, so I decided to take some photos of buildings and places around downtown Seattle which I found to be interesting. It was an uneventful morning and I got several great photos of the area. Several days later I was reviewing my photos when I noticed this object apparently hovering above a building in one of them. I zoomed in on it and quickly realized the object does not look like an airplane or a helicopter. It vaguely resembles a blimp, yet it had unusual characteristics. There appears to be no windows, some blueish and reddish coloration, definitely metallic looking surface. There also appears to be an appendage sticking out the top near the middle and also seems as if it may have a boomerang shape as well. When I originally took the photograph I saw nothing hovering there and heard nothing unusual, just typical sounds of city traffic and such. It was only after I had reviewed the photo nearly a week later that I realized it was there. It was not visible to the naked eye or in my viewfinder on my phones camera when I took the photo. I feel like it could be something remarkable or perhaps not. I do not have any means of enhancing the photo with my phone, so I cant really get a more clear look at the object other than the zoom I do have. This thing doesnt look like any known aircraft I have ever seen and all who I have showed the photo to agree that I may very well have a legitimate UFO sighting over downtown Seattle. I would like to have this picture examined by an expert to determine what it is just as much as I want to know what it is not.

[Fotoforensics]

edit on 9-1-2013 by Equiinox because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am not an expert but I think it is a street light.

Who know though.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Street light. Overexposed sky obliterated the arm.

There's another one just like it down the street.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
its a street lamp look at the rest of them down the street,
you can even see where its connected in the inverted colours in the last image in that link

edit on 9-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Great catch! It is a street light.

If you notice. the other street lamp in the pic has the same "bump" on the top as the UFO.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox
This photograph was submitted to MUFON yesterday [ Jan 9 , 2013 ] . An Unidentified flying object appears in a photograph captured over downtown Seattle on Dec. 30 2012 [Morning Time]. OP has asked for help from experts to determine what it is

Description of the object [ From Witness ] :

- Metallic
- No windows
- Invisible to Naked eye
- Noiseless

My first question, as you can see by my emphasized text of your quote, is: If this was invisible to the naked eye, then how did they know:
1.) it was metallic?
2.) noiseless, since they couldn't see it, presumably only after developing their film?
3.) How did they know?

......and then, if it was invisible to the naked eye, what prompted them to take that picture, just then, and what were they thinking they were taking a picture of? That allowed them to capture this unidentified object?
Just askin'

ID
edit on 9-1-2013 by ItDepends because: spelling

edit on 9-1-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is just sad... I don't know why I even click on these UFO threads anymore.

If you took a few seconds to look, you can see the lamp post right next to it, and where the arm is cut off against the sky. You can also see the near exact similar shape of the street lamp in the bottom right of the photo...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Dang, never would of guessed a street lamp. I was going to say a blimp. Oh well..
Totally ruined my day now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I agree 100% this is just a street lamp if you check out the others near it.
Second line....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox

Description of the object [ From Witness ] :

- Metallic
- No windows
- Invisible to Naked eye
- Noiseless

it sounds like a riddle: whats metallic, has no windows, is invisible to the naked eye and makes no noise.

answer: a confused mufon witness. also acceptable, an overexposed street lamp.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

I don't know about CGI, but there is something I noticed about another object in the field of view that maybe doesn't match...

You guys decide.

edit on 9-1-2013 by intrptr because: deleted portion

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Street light. Overexposed sky obliterated the arm.

There's another one just like it down the street.

Good eye!

The object in question and the street lights share the exact same shape. Well done bud!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The submitter is hoaxing. This photo is NOT from Dec 30, 2012. but much earlier.

Google Street View shows a bus stop and many other modifications/additions to this intersection and area since this photo was taken.

Apparently they did not change the street light style because the one in question is still there, with the same style top as our "UFO".

edit on 9-1-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
[Original Image]

[Color Inverted Image]

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Wait - you've posted a full view image of the obvious lamp post and you're still calling it a UFO? Are you trolling?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Well looking at your thread and post history already you are obviously going to join the ranks of many on here that trawl the internet for ANY supposed ufo picture or video.

I suggest you spend some more time learning a little about photography and digital imaging first before wasting yours and everyone's time with more threads like these.

The picture was take on a SAMSUNG SCH-S720C phone at f2.6 at 1/91 of a sec from the picture exif data.

As already explained the arm of the lamp post has been bleached out by the bright background it happens a lot on photographs here is another example.

An iconic image of the Twin Towers

Look at the left edge of the North or South tower it looks like a gap in the wall due to the sun behind it.

This site has lots of keen amateur ,semi pro and even professional photographers on here, you will soon learn MUFON is a bit of a joke!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Same examples:

...from this thread and...

...from this thread.

In both cases, it was the top part of a street lamp and the pole was not visible due to over-exposition, thus the white sky in the background.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As I suspected, some of the post is visible when we adjust the light levels, as seen below.
(click for full size)

Sometimes I wonder if MUFON doesn't want the real cases to be distinguishable from the erroneous and the fake.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's a street light.

Here is an image from Google Streetview of that exact same light pole and light:

Click HERE for full image

Image Source (links to Google Street View):
Google Maps Street View of Same Pole

edit on 1/10/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join