It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP "adopted" momma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
People on here got all pissed when I called my fiances mother my own mother, to those of you who can not understand this well I don't care.

But to be politically correct she is/was my mother in law, but she was the only true mother figure I have ever had.

Tuesday at 6:15 am PST she passed away her face contorted in pain, jaw muscles loose and no amount of reading about death would of ever prepared me for the sight of this.

For those who think i ran away from this site, no.. I have been by her side at the hospital. it was hell, and also an honor.

On December 31st she was able to come home, we all thought maybe she would be able to hold out and get stronger, then on January 2nd around 1 pm her pain got so bad that I had to call an ambulance, she was crying and begging me to stop the pain.

Nothing in this world can be as hard as saying i'm trying but it won't stop, even in the hospital her pain wouldn't stop and they decided against sedation.

Last thing she asked me when she called us all in was to take care of the family, that's exactly what I am doing.

Now to those who felt on here that I mislead them, I am sorry and anyone on here can argue that she wasn't my true mom, but in my heart she was.

Thank you to those who gave me ideas

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A mother is an older female who mothers you. Whether she birthed you or not makes very little difference. The point is, she cared for and loved you, and you her, and you were there for her up until the very end, which I commend you for.

She made a request that you take care of the family, and you are honoring that request, which makes you a damned fine human being. I'm sure she knew it too.

My condolences on your loss, but my congratulations on your handling of the situation, and the keeping of a promise you made to a dying loved one.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can completely relate to considering someone else other than the person who gave birth to you as being your real mother.

I am very sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A mom has so many meanings. I have many mothers, they all validate you as a person.
I am so sorry for your loss. My wish is that she found peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

I am sorry for your loss.
But at least she is now free of the pain.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am deeply sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I extend my sincere condolence to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thank you all, going to bed, have many things to do tomorrow concerning her funeral

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

So sorry to hear about your loss.

But, as others have said, at least the pain for her is no more. Try to take comfort in that if you can.

Plenty of thoughts are coming your way! Stay strong.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You have nothing to apologise to us for, nothing to say sorry to us for. She was Mom to you and that is all that matters.

Now that she is gone and has left all the pain behind her, all I can do is offer you my condolences, a hug of understanding from afar, and the assurance that as long as you carry her in your memory then part of her will always remain with you.

When my grandmother died, then my grandfather, and two years ago my father passed away as well, every time I recall watching the sun rise on a new day and trying to accept that the one I loved was not there with me to see it. But every time, I also reminded myself that they live on in my mind, and the good and loving times we shared are with me always.

Blessings to you and yours,

Mike

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarlia
People on here got all pissed when I called my fiances mother my own mother

SCREW THEM. Don't worry about what they think.

I'm very sorry you had to go through that, and I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, tomorrow she is going to be cremated at 11 am, I am trying to do whatever I can to keep everyone's spirits up.

I know her pain is gone and I am thankful for this, one tiny last thing hat a priest did for the family was to remarry her to husband, I don't know if she even knew what as going on because the look of pain on her face was too much to bear.

I would like to think that somehow she knew.

On a more irritating note I found out a family member was thinking of selling all her pain medicines, so earlier today I called hospice and a nurse came and disposed of the medicine.

new topics

top topics

join