It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Provision May Forbid Gun And Ammo Registration!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Check out the way this is crafted before you get too happy about this. It might also be a way to discourage repeal of ObamaCare. It has that one word that glares out at me. LAWFUL firearm. That means they make semiautos illegal and boom that takes the gloves off of this provision.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

Very good point, and to some other posters as well.

Perhaps this doesn't mean what I initially thought....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

It seems that one Easter Egg hidden in Obamacare may protect us from legislation that is currently underway, and even Executive Orders...

CNN reports that Harry Reid slipped a mickey into the Patient Affordable Care Act to keep the NRA on the sidelines.

Senate amendment 3276, Sec 2716, part c “Protection of Second Amendment Rights” Government cannot collect: “…any information relating to…(A) The lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition”

Harry Reid, of all people, may be the guy that stopped illegal unconstitutional registrations. How ironic.

granitegrok.com...

usconstitutionalfreepress.wordpress.com...

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 9-1-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Oh boy what am I going to do with myself now!

The truth is all of this has been taken care of BEFORE Obamacare. And collecting information when??? In the context of a health bill???? When the gun falls out of your jacket in the ER? Got shot up while you were gang banging?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
Check out the way this is crafted before you get too happy about this. It might also be a way to discourage repeal of ObamaCare. It has that one word that glares out at me. LAWFUL firearm. That means they make semiautos illegal and boom that takes the gloves off of this provision.

Man, there is more shaking in this bill than at a toppless go go bar.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

In my business I pour over contracts all the time and dang lawyers can really make stuff real jiggly in language. You got to read every work like 100 times. That is why when they stuff bills under the congress critter's nose 3 minutes before the vote I am like that is soooo wrong. Against the rules in congress as there is supposed to be a 2 day examination period. That is why they love emergencies and we must act now for the children. Give me a break.

edit on 10-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: edited for small errors

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
To me, "the right of the people to keep and bear ARMS" is all encompassing. It does not say Single-shot, bolt action, .177 cal. arms! An attack against ANY arms, IS an attack against arms. I see "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" as all encompassing as well!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
reply to post by Logarock

In my business I pour over contracts all the time and dang lawyers can really make stuff real jiggly in language. You got to read every work like 100 times. That is why when they stuff bills under the congress critter's nose 3 minutes before the vote I am like that is soooo wrong. Against the rules in congress as there is supposed to be a 2 day examination period. That is why they love emergencies and we must act now for the children. Give me a break.

edit on 10-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: edited for small errors

Its hard to understand how these elected persons can go home and look their people in the face after voting like this. We elected them to read the d#m thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OBAMA, just granted HIMSELF, WIFE, MOTHER-IN-LAW and CHILDREN FULL SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION FOR LIFE ... At TAXPAYER EXPENSE:

According to the GOA, it costs MORE then $40,000.00, PER PERSON, per DAY for Secret Service Protection. As some expenses are redundant it would seem reasonable to cut the figure-per-person a bit, so, let's cut it in HALF. / $80,000.00 per day for the Obama's...

WITHOUT ANY COME-WITH-THE- (White) HOUSE "PERKS" (extra expense) - examples: Limo/Planes/Helicopters/Travel/Dinners/Agent Lodging/Weapons/Training/Ammunition/"Out-Of-House" special planning (STAGGERING $$).

So. At $80K per day WITHOUT any of the REAL expenses included, Obama & Family & Mother-In-Law will cost the U.S. TAXPAYER: $560,000.00 per WEEK , $29,120,000.00 per Year ... or about $2,9 BILLION $2,900,000,000.00 per every 10 years... PLUS expenses... ...

AFTER HE LEAVES OFFICE...

If HE lives to be 70, the AMERCAN TAXPAYERS WILL BE BILLED MORE THEN $11,600,000,000.00 (ELEVEN BILLION SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS)

Then there are his children who may live an additional 40 - 50 years or more...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vascopolis

ELEVEN BILLION SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS

To provide Obama & Family Secret Service Protection (Armed Private Army) for LIFE...
edit on 1/11/2013 by Vascopolis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vascopolis

To provide Obama & Family Secret Service Protection (Armed Private Army) for LIFE...

So Bill Clinton, a disbarred lawyer, a President who was impeached for lying under oath,
asks the American people to believe him when he says the best thing for the Country is 4 more years of Obama.
Just wanted to make sure I had it right!
Lower your American Flag to half-staff, because the U.S. Constitution is already on life-support, and won't survive much longer.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's all an elaborate plan to trick Bill O'Reilly into saying "Thank God for Obamacare".

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

So, if I'm reading this right, Doctors / Healthcare Providers / Insurance Companies are the only ones that can't ask for gun / ammo registration?

Seems like there could be a broader interpretation, I mean this is government-ran healthcare, right?

Any lawyers out there that can clarify this?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Yes, this only applies to healthcare providers/insurance providers or the government collection data in pursuent of healthcare information.

And no, this is not government ran healthcare...how can people still not know this?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The government collects more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
will-powers.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh, interesting......

He's not the person you would expect something like this from, is he? Is this verified? I like it, if true, but am afraid to believe it.

You know, the more I think about this, the more I smell a rat. A few things that raise caution flags:

1. CNN aired this story.

2. The story is presented as a case of "the government" not being able to ask for information on gun owners, but the text (which someone posted) seems to limit that to those in charge of health care issues.

3. Such legislation could be a way to discourage people from overturning Obamacare, because they believe it protects their 2'nd Amendment rights.

4. The timing is a bit interesting. We have all sorts of cases causing a renewed demand for gun control, and the president and VP claiming they will do something very quickly in that regard. Now, this comes out, making it appear as though he signed something that would prevent such controls. Reid talking about gun control now, as he's doing, makes this even more suspicious. His record isn't exactly all pro-gun for the past, either:
anti-gun votes

So, overall, I smell a rat here.

Any legal people that can take this apart, and give us a better idea what the wording actually means? I am sure the talking heads will do that, but pretty much all of them are biased.
edit on 12-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: further speculation

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But yet he says guns don't make us safer? I guess that makes them a whole other breed from the rest of us. That must mean that their lives are worth protecting with guns but ours are not. I see the logic, if you consider the general public are but mortals!

edit on 12-1-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Yes, this only applies to healthcare providers/insurance providers or the government collection data in pursuent of healthcare information.

And no, this is not government ran healthcare...how can people still not know this?

YES...How did it take 3 pages for someone to state the obvious???? And then no one pays attention...

enate Amendment 3276, Sec.2716, part c, ‘‘(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT GUN RIGHTS.— ‘‘

(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.— A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to— ‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual. ‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.— None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to— ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; ‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or ‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition. ‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.— None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition. ‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.— A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon— ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or ‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition. ‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.— No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to— ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.’’.

SO Doctors or Secretary of health can't ask about gun ownership when collecting data....

AND??? SO??? It has nothing do with Justice Dept., ATF or any other Federal agency....

Health and Human Services can't "register guns"...that doesn't mean FBI, ATF or anyone else can't!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The bill to restore protection was introduced by Trey Gowdy, a Rebublican from South Carolina. It passed the GOP Dominated House on a voice vote and passed the Senate without opposition.

Now explain to me where you got your number...cuz making it eleven sizes too big doesn't make it any less BS.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join