It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can't outgun these elitist we must outsmart them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I grew up in the gun culture of America, We strapped on our guns at about 9 years old. My family had confidence in the love and responsibility of their children enough to trust us with firearms. We trained from this early age in the skills of gun handling and safety. How many nine year olds would you trust today to strap on a pistol or carry a rifle out into the woods or the back pasture?

We killed when we needed to and took responsibility for our actions. We would clean the carcases and cure the pelts in some cases. We made leather out of the skins and would eat the liver or heart raw sometimes right after the kill.

People that read this that have not been brought up in a rural gun culture have a very different mind set. I am not able to wrap my head around all of this programming and spin crap they spew. I know that I have read history and that gun registrations always leads to confiscation. I have before and will again kill to eat. I eat what I kill most of the time unless it is a pest control kill.

I often have been paid by ranchers and farmers to eliminate their pest animals. This was mostly done with very long shots. The animals were oblivious to me and I often could take out whole groups of them without others panic fleeing and hiding. When they start talking about gun registration and confiscation I want to just reach out from the computer or TV and smack them.

We have no choice. We must outsmart them because if we have to outgun them the human cost will be just too severe. I might have killed 1000's of animals in my lifetime. I have never harmed a human being unless I was ordered to do so. I likely scare the crap out of some people but who do they call when there is a dangerous situation or pest animal to remove? Me of course. I will keep my firearms and they will call on me when they need some work done with one of them.

Even in combat situations I managed a very low body count while protecting myself and my squad. I will never give up my guns but I want to hurt no one if I can.

edit on 9-1-2013 by exitusstatuquo because: edited for small errors

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by exitusstatuquo

To do your Job.

Do you need AR's?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

That would depend on the job of course. Some times I do when the job requires it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I felt un-nerved reading that, it's clear you enjoy killing animals which can't fight back.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

You do need assault rifles as well as any weapon that can give you an edge when you or your family is in danger. I could list situations in the last decade that having one would of saved lives however I am sure that one such as your self would argue till you are blue in the face as to why they are unnecessary or evil. I will merely state that I disagree.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

If you enjoy eating food than killing pest animals is necessary but then again I would recon you could wrangle wild pigs with you bare hands and let them live in your back yard . Since afterall only dumb redness kill animals.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

No, only dumb rednecks brag about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
No actually if your talking about the USA and its
Gun owners, we can out gun them.
I'm pretty sure US citizens out gun any countries armies.
Including China and the US military combined.

Quick check.... Yep 80 million gun owners.
Put ANY Military, ANY where up against those stats.

Remember..out "gun".

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
No actually if your talking about the USA and its
Gun owners, we can out gun them.
I'm pretty sure US citizens out gun any countries armies.
Including China and the US military combined.

Quick check.... Yep 80 million gun owners.
Put ANY Military, ANY where up against those stats.

Remember..out "gun".

Yes, but you would be up against a force which has tanks, helicopters, jets, highly trained soldiers, gas, Armour, grenades and Goverment backing. You haven't thought your fantasy through, have you?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You seem easily "unnerved" perhaps that's why you don't like us having guns?......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
when some assholes decide to come rob your family they wont wait while you ask them if you can reload your shotgun because obama says you only need 3 shells at a time.

either way the united states these days is at all times pretty much at a tipping point you could wake up tomorrow and all the sudden there is an economic breakdown, there is no food and hoards of people that can come try to take what you have...

If that day comes you will be glad to have a 30rd magazine compared to a 10 or less and you will be much better off with an ar15 compared to a .22 rifle.

it is our right to protect ourselves from whatever its better to be safe then sorry and its not the governments right to take that away from us for any reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

If you grew up in a city you're more than likely going to see guns as a destructive murderous force.

If you grew up in a suburb you're more than likely going to see guns as a non-issue.

If you grew up in a rural area you're going to have the mentality you do about shooting animals with guns.

If you grew up in the UK you're more than likely going to think "Why are American so obsessed with metal objects that fire projectiles?...

em·pa·thy-

: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this

www.merriam-webster.com...

edit on 9-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The only joy in killing animals I have ever had was in eating them when I was hungry. Other than that it was just a job to be done kind of like changing out the spark plugs in the truck. There is no hatred in killing when killing needs to be done. It is a job and the weapon is a tool to do the job plain and simple.

Why you were un-nerved reading it is your problem. Perhaps you lived a life where you were sheltered from the cruel reality that other creatures must die for us to live. The life I have lived has fed me and many others by my actions. When you show up at a church elder meeting and you have some deer sausage no one thinks about the horrible fact that this animal they are going to eat was killed. They only think about how great it will be to fill some bellies when they take it home to their families.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread916470POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There is one thing in common which links 95% of mass shootings and massacres...they are all carried out by assault rifles. Nobody neeeds anything more than a handgun, if that. Banning them wouldn't stop them cpmpletely, but it would make it harder for maniacs to get hold of them.
edit on Wed Jan 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

It's nothing to brag about OP. You have a disconnect with normal non- hillbilly people. Most gun nuts do.... I don't think more of you are capable of outsmarting much because you lack the ability to communicate to other people unlike yourself.
reply to post by WaterBottle

If there is one thing that has become crystal clear to me as this second amendment fight rages on, it is that the anti-gun people are ignorant of life in the country, and are quick to use stereotypes and insults.....labeling those who believe in the right to bear arms as "gun nuts", "hillbillies" and "rednecks".

I feel that it is you who has the "disconnect" when it comes to reality. I don't see how insults, generalizations and an uppity attitude somehow make you more intelligent or more able to communicate. If anything, it shows a lack of good upbringing, a lack of respect for other's opinions, and a general attitude that this debate could well do without.

If you've never lived in the country, yet you like to eat meat, I suggest that you do a little research before spouting off insults. There are rural areas with farms and ranches with herds, that need to be protected from nuisance critters. That's just the way it is.

Tell you what.....set up camp out in the wilderness in an area where there are wild pigs. I'll give you a stick to defend yourself against a 400 pound sow with piglets who will gore you and stomp you to death because she sees you as a threat to her young. Let me know how it turns out.

link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo

We have no choice. We must outsmart them because if we have to outgun them the human cost will be just too severe.

I will never give up my guns but I want to hurt no one if I can.

I agree. Unfortunately, Americans will be in a state of fight or flight whether with guns or out of them. They will be mad at the government, but unable to take their agressions out on the government or even local police officials (who are being heavily fortified with EXTREME warfare weapons to use on civilians).

So who will civilians turn on? Each other.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

So that is the level of your discourse. Hillbilly. I was the only non hillbilly in town most of the time. My parents were military and government workers. They drove for hours per day to get to work so we could have an up bringing that allowed us to connect with the land and with the realities of life. Your judgmental attitude is a clear disconnect with others around you. I have an advanced understanding of science and technology, Much more than most people will ever know I am sure. I am currently in a research field. You and many others make snap judgments on people you do not know. That is a disconnect if I have ever seen one.

My shooting abilities are God given and were helped along by my combat veteran father. The Art of War was required reading in our house. My father was not just a combat vet. He was Force Recon. He raised his kids like soldiers. We had inspections every day. We were worked hard on the ranch we had. He taught us the value of hard work and learning. I am not a hick like you think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join