It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cops All Out of Ammo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Sounds like a business opportunity to me. More ammo made in the USA! A few people I know (mostly cops lol) make their own ammo.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Oh geez. I work in Sandy Springs and was just at my range/gun/ammo shop. They have home depot-sized shelves to the very high ceiling full of ammo for sale. Guess the cops don't shop there.

ETA: I'm going to the range again tomorrow and will take a picture if no one yells at me and post it here.

EATA: And aside from qualifying what twice a year, just how many rounds do the Sandy Springs police actually fire a day? Or a month?
Most of what they do is unsnarl traffic.
edit on 1/9/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

I think WSB talked about the fact that they go through so much ammo with target practice. Training plus LEO social club. Got chips & ammo? I got the salsa...

You know as well as i that cops go into withdrawal if not able to fire their weapons on a regular basis.

That said, i've never been to a range. Is there a policy against taking photos, or just a lot of paranoid people there?

Back to the OP: BUT, if the cops are getting low, the number of people stocking up and purchasing is truly phenomenal.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Originally posted by capod2t
I don't know this Sandy Springs but there are likely real criminals committing real crimes on real victims who rely on the municipality law enforcement for protection.

Sandy Springs is the highest class suburb of Atlanta. Its between Buckhead, Marietta and Gwinnett. Compared to the other suburbs of ATL and the city of ATL itself, the crime rate is probably much lower there.
edit on 9-1-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Not everybody is a self-reliant hero.

And those who rely on the cops to save them are foolish.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Roidsheads on power trips with no bullets = better gun control than anything congress is trying to pass.

Cops should stay in their police station till we call them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Guess that's true about the practice part, but, ironically, most of the cops I know aren't really all that into shooting at all and most have never discharged their weapon on the job either.

I just can't remember if this particular superstore or range had "do not take photo" signs posted. Some do and some don't...not sure why.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If they agree to be "federalized" when TSHTF then they will be supplied all the .40 s&w that they can shoot (courtesy of DHS).
edit on 9-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

You're right, and from 4pm to 6pm M-F most of the force is doing traffic duty at the lights around GA 400 or moonlighting directing church and school-event traffic, like I said. And those who aren't busy unsnarling this horrid traffic are usually snarling it somewhere else by giving someone a ticket for not leaving enough room to merge.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Happened to see this the other day.

Guns off the street? Fleet of cop cars robbed of weapons in Kansas City

rt.com...
edit on 9-1-2013 by riverwild because: forgot the link

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

what makes you people think they are seriously goin to go door to door kicking them in and taking the guns away?i don't get it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess all I really wanted to say and haven't yet is, that if you tell people there is a shortage, there will be a shortage. And conveniently, the prices will go up too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
guess they dont know how to reload ammunition .. on the bright side .... granny can go out and not worry about getting shot for awhile... now if only the batts. in their tasers go out the streets would really be safe for granny...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725

what makes you people think they are seriously goin to go door to door kicking them in and taking the guns away?i don't get it.

HURRICANE KATRINA
en.wikipedia.org...

Controversy arose over a September 8 city-wide order by New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass to local police, U.S. Army National Guard soldiers, and Deputy U.S. Marshals to confiscate all civilian-held firearms. "No one will be able to be armed," Compass said. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns." Seizures were carried out without warrant, and in some cases with excessive force; one instance captured on film involved 58 year old New Orleans resident Patricia Konie. Konie stayed behind, in her well provisioned home, and had an old revolver for protection. A group of police entered the house, and when she refused to surrender her revolver, she was tackled and it was removed by force. Konie's shoulder was fractured, and she was taken into police custody for failing to surrender her firearm.[79][80] Even U.S. Army National Guard soldiers, armed with M16 assault rifles, were used for house to house searches, seizing firearms and attempting to get those remaining in the city to leave.[81]

Angered citizens, backed by the National Rifle Association and other organizations, filed protests over the constitutionality of such an order and the difficulty in tracking seizures, as paperwork was rarely filed during the searches. Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, defended the right of affected citizens to retain firearms, saying that, "What we’ve seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves." The searches received little news coverage, though reaction from groups such as the NRA, the Second Amendment Foundation, and Gun Owners of America was immediate and heated, and a lawsuit was filed September 22 by the NRA and SAF on behalf of two firearm owners whose firearms were seized. On September 23, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana issued a restraining order to bar further firearms confiscations.[79]

And anyone else who thinks the cops or military will have your back, two words:

KENT STATE.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Really? I mean to say how many bullets do cops need?
I don't think you are talking about Afghanistan cops either......

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Oh geez. I work in Sandy Springs and was just at my range/gun/ammo shop. They have home depot-sized shelves to the very high ceiling full of ammo for sale. Guess the cops don't shop there.

Government jobs are funny. If you need a roll of tape you cant stop at the office supply store and pick it up. You have to order it through proper channels at a markup and lengthy time delay.

Keep in mind that police don't use standard off the shelf FMJ ammunition. They usually use +P hollow point ammunition

I also think they could get a small loan from DHS for say 25000 rounds or so and it wouldn't even put a dent in the massive DHS supply.
edit on 1/9/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

Good Gravy! What LEO are carrying +P rounds? +P is most common for 9mm and I don't know too many LEO's who carry a 9mm. For .45ACP only the Hornaday LE Critical Duty comes in a +P rnd. Pretty standard these days to be issued .40S&W since they all want to be like the FBI, which do not offer +P options. Many LEO's will carry sub-sonic/frangible/heavy bullets (147gr for 9mm and 180gr for .40) to minimize collateral damage and or hitting people inside their homes, when they miss.

+P rounds are lighter weight bullets (

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now you'll really see some paranoid gun owners.

I was in another thread and some posters kept saying the gun owners are paranoid. Sure, cops usually are paranoid.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
They should come to Oklahoma and buy there ammo. We have tons of it in every caliber available with no waiting. Next in line please. It is stacked to the ceiling here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Like I said earlier, I think its possible the recent mass shootings were hoaxed or usurped to facilitate a fear based atmosphere where gun and ammo sales would skyrocket.

The armaments industry is very powerful and their lobby influential.

Use reverse psychology.

Its a gun grab, by the citizens to stock up.
Cha ching $$$$$$

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Uhhmm.. how many bullets do cops need? They shouldn't be firing that many at people, should they? How often do they NEED to practice shooting?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Uhhmm.. how many bullets do cops need? They shouldn't be firing that many at people, should they? How often do they NEED to practice shooting?

How often they do is once a year.

How often they NEED to is at least once a week if they want to be up to par with the typical recreational shooter.

"Highly trained" is a gross misnomer when it comes to cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join