It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Maybe if you all started being honest about why you really don't want gun control, then us outsiders might be able to accept your reasoning.

I'm not sure that any American cares about whether you accept their reasoning or not.

Why should they?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

Because not caring about the opinions of your peers is a narcissistic and sociopathic personality trait.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I did not know this was an expository writing class! Do you even have a life??? Very sad indeed to have to correct paragraphs from across the pond. I’ll try and do better next time okay grammar Nazi?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LPOPranger

I remember when people enjoyed jokes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why do you care what happens to any of us? You obviously look down on us as idiots. You don't live here, none of this effects you, so, Why?
SniffSniff...Anybody smell troll?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I did not think it was a joke then I appologize!!! I thought it serious! I stand corrected my friend.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Because not caring about the opinions of your peers is a narcissistic and sociopathic personality trait.

Really? So when a person's peers encourage stupid behavior, you just go along with the crowd?

You have it completely backwards.

Trying to impose your views on somebody else's behavior, let alone an entire country, is narcissistic.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Saying "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" and meaning it is a defining characteristic of a narcissistic sociopath.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

That is a pretty harsh rebutile given that you know nothing about this person or the motivation behind the comments that have been posted. E.G. Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
THE NARCISSIST – This person is an elitist and exists to be adored and admired.
• A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.
• Think Wall Street (Gordon Gecko) or American Gigolo (Richard Gere)
Anti-Social Personality Disorder (APD)
THE SOCIOPATH – This person is the con-artist who often exhibits more criminal and violent traits.
• A pervasive disregard for the law and the rights of others.
• Think The Talented Mr. Ripley (Matt Damon) or American Psycho (Christian Bale)
Both the Narcissist & the Sociopath have absolutely no remorse and no conscience. They both view others as nothing more than objects to be used as a means to an end. However, the way they use others is what differentiates them.
A Narcissist demands his sense of self be propped-up by others on a continual basis. This is because he is disconnected from himself and has no sense of self. Without validation and recognition from the outside world, a Narcissist feels dead inside.
A Narcissist has a very fragile ego and is extremely insecure. He needs others to reflect his image back to him in order to feel alive. A Narcissist is addicted to the spotlight and craves attention and adoration like a drug. He has an insatiable need to be recognized for his achievements, no matter how small or insignificant. He is grandiose and views himself as much more accomplished than he really is…basically, he is delusional and not in touch with reality. He believes other people worship him when in actuality, most people see right through him.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I know what a narcissist is.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Saying "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" and meaning it is a defining characteristic of a narcissistic sociopath.

Why do you think anybody should care about what you think? Are you somebody important?

The entire OP is some psycho-babble about the real reason Americans want guns, as seen from the view of a non-American.

Why do you think people in America need to explain themselves to outsiders?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I don't think the people of America need to explain themselves to outsiders, I'm simply stating that one of the traits of a narcissistic sociopath is the ability to deflect all criticism with the phrase "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" along with the genuine belief in said statement.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I don't think the people of America need to explain themselves to outsiders, I'm simply stating that one of the traits of a narcissistic sociopath is the ability to deflect all criticism with the phrase "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" along with the genuine belief in said statement.

What is your point then?

I asked why should anybody in America care what outsiders think, and have yet to be given an answer.

Is there a valid reason Americans should care what outsiders think about why they want to own guns?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Do you?? Really you sound like one more than the poster that you point at with the 5 dollar (BPS) words when a simple term word suffice are you trying to sound intelligent or are you? Get to the point or go have another pint!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No there is not.

If you don't care though, you have one of the traits of a narcissistic sociopath.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It is akin to people who justify buying a large, gas guzzling SUV for the snow. Then they call out when it snows.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Oh cartoons!!! That is a well thought out responce. I am not a "Dude" or care to hear your "Whatever Man" you just proved my point for me "Dude"! Go and do some finger painting or build something out of toothepicks! Sorry Mod's this is going no where good bye!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Man, you're quite upset over a cartoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join