It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Kid Yourself America, Gun Control isn Not About the 2nd Ammendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Double Post

edit on 9-1-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
So as your guns give you no power over your government then you can give them up can't you?

We do still have some power over our government, which is why they want to get rid of the guns we have.

If I choose not to pay a tax or register a weapon or whatever restriction on my rights and freedom the government demands, do they just walk into my home and take me away? No, they are met with armed resistance. They may just hang outside my home taking up time and resources in an attempt to wait me out. Or if they simply wanted me dead they could send a precision guided missile my way via a drone, but they only have that power because they have regulated that power away from me.

We still have power, but they want to take it all away. Don't think that their greed for control is limited to just guns.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Yes I see people keep quoting the 2nd Ammendment to me and that is your legal standpoint behind wanting to keep guns. But your motivational reason for wanting to keep guns is for most, because it makes them feel powerful. FFS just buy a sports car instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I have exactly the same powers as you and guess what I do not own a gun nor are they legal here. Your point is moot and one that keeps getting regurgitated by those with a similar agenda despite the fact that it is complete bollocks.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Its about power. You all masquerade that it is about protecting your civil liberties and your constitution, but it is not is it? start being honest with yourselves and others about the real reason you want to keep your gun. It is about feeling powerful isn't it?

I've made the point before but carrying a gun is not for the lazy or weak of will. It's a pain in the butt and there isn't a darn thing glamorous or neat about it. It's certainly not worth it for some power trip. It's cleaning the stupid thing so often, you're married to it as much as your actual wife. After all, it needs daily attention too and a good going over at least once a week and not for any warm and fuzzy delusional reason. RUST sucks.

Now whatever else is said and at some point the nation sure isn't close to yet for anything reasonable to consider.... IF it ever came to the point of needing defense against our own Government, then the distance between tyranny / being a subject and freedom with liberty can be measured in millimeters.

Of course, everyone better belly up to the bar of blame because if we've gotten that far and that low as a nation then making the system work as a participatory government has utterly failed across the board as much by decades of apathy as anything else. It'd be nice to try change in numbers that matter before resorting to the rash tho.

link   
How do you propose that America takes its 320,000,000 people and distils their opinions on guns down to one single viewpoint for you?

link   
What about women?

Should they be forced to fist fight with giant rapist guys?

Id prefer a world where women have a real equalizer to even the odds.

For all I know the rapists are the biggest anti gun types of all.
Armed women cannot be raped as easily.

Thats one reason Im pro gun, because I hate rapists.

Remember that next time you suggest women shouldnt be armed to protect themself.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, a country full of armed civilians can take on any government military. If you can't understand how you need to read some books. You should think on things a little more and come to realistic conclusions before posting.

Dumb people always so "guh huh hows a semi auto rifle gonna take on drones derr? or tanks?" well when you consider a multi million man army, mixed in with a civilian population, taking on a military that will undoubtedly have defectors or maybe even whole military squads supporting the rebellion, plus you have a non acting civilian population that the government can't harm or it will push them to rebel, and you have the fact that the government has to, you know, maintain the country, then you have a different scenario.

It's not like the government can just bomb it's own public into oblivion.

I am not saying I advocate any kind of rebellion, but it really annoys be to see people that can't think past their first argument.
edit on 9-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

What keeps the government at bay from storming your home if not weapons? If they do not fear for their lives, what would stop them from just forcing their way in?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
How do you propose that America takes its 320,000,000 people and distils their opinions on guns down to one single viewpoint for you?

I'm not proposing anything aside from these two factors

1) Admit the real reason you want to keep guns.

and

2) If you decide to continue to keep guns, stop whining about the massacres that regularly happen and will continue to happen in your nation. As far as I am concerned they are crocodile tears, because if you guys really cared about the people that die in these massacres, you would get rid of your gun.

Its that simple, that is all I ask.

link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

You are exactly right, for the wrong reason.

It is about power. Not, however, power over our fellow man, but power over the government.

So as your guns give you no power over your government then you can give them up can't you?

That is a completely fallacious line. If guns give us no power over our government, why, then, have they not been taken away, which has been postulated about for decades now?

Thats right...because 'they' fear our guns.

link   

reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Yes I see people keep quoting the 2nd Ammendment to me and that is your legal standpoint behind wanting to keep guns. But your motivational reason for wanting to keep guns is for most, because it makes them feel powerful. FFS just buy a sports car instead.

Right, women are finally powerful enough to stop a 225 lb rapist murderer.

And your problem with this is???

I support womens rights to self defense and disagree with your insinuation.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
I'm not American.

I am a gun owner.

You're kind of wrong, and it's kind of insulting? For some people, yes it's true that it's a power and status thing...

Those people are called COPS. The rest of us have them for the reason the second amendment was written into the bill of rights.

The OP is not kind of wrong - he is totally wrong.

link   

Originally posted by Dispo

I'm not proposing anything aside from these two factors

1) Admit the real reason you want to keep guns.

and

2) If you decide to continue to keep guns, stop whining about the massacres that regularly happen and will continue to happen in your nation. As far as I am concerned they are crocodile tears, because if you guys really cared about the people that die in these massacres, you would get rid of your gun.

Its that simple, that is all I ask.

So, in your mind, people who already have every intention of using guns illegally (i.e., in mass shootings) will suddenly decide to be law abiding citizens and hand in their guns if gun rights are revoked?

You arguments are VERY weak, my friend.

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

You are exactly right, for the wrong reason.

It is about power. Not, however, power over our fellow man, but power over the government.

That is a completely fallacious line. If guns give us no power over our government, why, then, have they not been taken away, which has been postulated about for decades now?

Thats right...because 'they' fear our guns.

The UK government want to take many things off us, but they cannot because there is no will from the electorate for them to do so. Much like they won't take your guns, it is not because they fear you will shoot at them should they try, but more like they fear you will not vote for them at the next election. Its called DEMOCRACY.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I have exactly the same powers as you and guess what I do not own a gun nor are they legal here. Your point is moot and one that keeps getting regurgitated by those with a similar agenda despite the fact that it is complete bollocks.

NO YOU DON"T!!!! You handed your guns in! Is that your issue? Sour grapes? We have a something you don't??
BTW, You might have some credibility if you argued about all of the innocent children the US government has killed in drone strikes in the middle east!!!!!

Where are you in those threads??? Your arguement is pathetic! Cherry pick your position and stick with it aye! When I see you caring about the innocent children killed by the US government in the middle east, then and ONLY THEN, will I give a damn about your opinion on that same corrupt government trying to disarm it's citizens.....But as you see, that puts you in a precarious position. Suck it up cupcake, our guns are not going anywhere, and I might add, be careful what you wish for.......

link   

I already addressed this and you conveniently skipped my post.

link   
What's the point of this thread?

American's can own guns.

Why an American would want to own guns doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter why or what for or how many or what kind.

American's can own guns.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Do you think you can overwhelm the government with your guns?

your gun against RPG and Grenade launchers? or better yet attack drones?

You bet, just check out that cake walk through Iraq!!! Even with all the government's superior air power and all the shocking and awing, all they managed to do was rip up a lot of valuable antiquities and infrastructure and kill/maim a bunch of innocent people while ruining the lives of the Iraqis and even American families. And its still not won. Last I heard China got dibs on most of the oil.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'll try again.

There are 320,000,000 people in America.

They all have different opinions on gun control.

How would you take those 320,000,000 opinions and make them in to 1 opinion, like you asked for in the OP?

America doesn't have an opinion on guns, America is a country. Countries do not have opinions.

Americans may have opinions on guns, but you'd have to ask them. They may all have different reasons, you have to debate with the reasoning in front of you, you can't just start saying "this is America's opinion on guns, therefore your opinion is invalid."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join