It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful protest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Reading a lot of threatening behavior on ATS at the moment with people openly admitting that they own unregistered firearms and "Lines in the sand" etc John Wayne style speech but what you do not understand is TPTB want you to try and have a shoot out, It will just bring more people to their side.
So why not try Peaceful Protest? It has worked many times before and If you organized and instead of using threatening behavior rally together march to Washington the people in power will have more respect for you and instead of shooting you all (not gonna happen though) they may just listen to you.
Look here where it has worked heck it even worked a couple of times in your country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any government that fires on a million unarmed people will lose power the next day but a government who fires on an armed protest will be able to spin what they want.
Just an idea dudes and dudettes, think about it.

Oh and my fave is the singing protest

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well put S&F

unfortunately I think this will fall on deaf ears

I think most gun nuts are just itching for a chance to use their weapons ans are secretly hoping a ban in come into play so they.

If these people truly loved freedom as they claim they would have done something while their other freedoms were being stripped away. What they love is guns and the feeling they get from owning them.

There wont be any revolution, at worst they will bury them in the backyard but I actually think most will bend over and take it like they have when everything else was being stripped away

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I agree with you and the proof is that this thread has fallen on deaf ears.
People do not want peace on ATS they want civil war, they want to be Rambo, they want to test their shiny new gun.
They deserve what they get then.

Like someone said in the comments in youtube for this vid.

If only everyone in the world sang this at the same time

Hard being a hippy on ATS

edit on 9-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not jabbing here, just discussing....

Looking at the list, the majority of these examples resulted in little positive change. Most were puppets of behind the scenes players simply pulling strings. Some protests are even named the XYZ Removal or the ABC Massacre. Not exactly inspiring. More recently did the Vietnam war protests stop that war? Some could argue yes but only after how many years and how many dead? How effective was that?

Yet, I agree a government shooting an armed protester will come out on top every time regardless. Unfortunately unarmed protesters stand little to no chance in making a difference. Pretty handy set up there.

I do not want to derail your thread but what do suggest the average citizen do to let their representatives know they mean business? Voting has been undercut. Writing letters is a waste of time without a laaaarge check in the envelope. You know how I feel about public gatherings. Does it not seem the average citizen is almost compelled to some form of drastic action to simply be heard? And then the response is a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Unfortunately your probably right.

I dont disagree your gov is out of control and needs to be removed but guns are not the answer, people who are prepared to take up arms will be in the extreme minority and you dont have much chance of winning a propaganda/info war even if arms are taken up.

What you need to do is start a massive protest or program of civil disobedience, violence will only fuel TPTB machine, dont give them a target, maintain your cool and eventually those that arent awake will wake up.

It may take awhile but its better than the country being ripped apart.

Once you have a critical mass it will be 200+ million against fence sitters and the 1%.
Your victory will be assured.

Fighting them will just result in your guns and every last freedom you have being taken away, once that first shot is fired they have won

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

The net is a powerful tool much better than any gun, one idea I had was "no one goes to work day protest" If you can get enough people just to stay at home etc, silly idea but sometimes the silly ideas work.
Anyhow Iam dead beat so bo bo time

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I see where you are going with this but with economy in the shape it's in, we probably will not get many takers because they need the funds.

I agree its the dependency on the currency and usury we could probably do without. At least the sector of the 'economy' which leaches off it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Agreed on the posture of the disobedience. It can be done and one does not really need all 300+ million Americans. Heck, the revolution was carried out by less than 10% of the population. There was still a larger percentage loyal to the crown but it worked.

Of course the media machine was not as all pervasive as it is now-a-days for the TPTB. But the internet is indeed a powerful tool.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

That was just an off the wall idea but with the great minds on here (ATS) surely people can come up with other forms of protest without resorting to violence.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There a phrase for situations like this; evolution in action.
Theres' only one survivable form of protest in this situation. Those that don't see it go extinct.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And that is?

The way i see it our way is not so bad as to warrant violence against ourselves.

In my opinion we are on a good deal we just have to be a bit more proactive not destructive.

top topics

join