It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Report on the Phoenix Lights by a First-Hand Witness

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I'm suggesting that the Phoenix lights were a possible Military or NASA project.
I used the Ascender project to prove my point that such a craft exists although currently much smaller than the Phoenix. As others have stated in this thread, the stealth fighters and bombers are nearly 40 years old, hows that for a well kept secret.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I am throwing this out there... but, could the government or this craft have somehow wiped out all the pictures on peoples phones, cameras etc?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
One might even say that the so-called Phoenix Lights case so strongly supports the ETH that that virtually becomes the prosaic explanation, as opposed to the IDH, stories of demons, dragons, dolphins, time travelers, robotic survivors of a previous advanced human civilization, etc. I keep complaining that nobody thought to file FOIA requests for the FAA and weather radar data, but I imagine that in such a high-profile case they would have simply claimed accidental erasure rather than release such smoking-gun evidence.

And if you look at Area 51 on Google Earth, you can see that the biggest hangers, huge as they are, couldn't hold such a giant carpenter's square unless it was folded, deflated, or parked as separate plug-together pieces.

It wasn't a formation of Warthogs, either, because those things are way too noisy. A formation of very quiet helicopters or hot-air balloons kept in tight formation for the purpose of perpetrating a big hoax? Too far-fetched.

And if there were a better explanation than flares, which we know to be untrue, you can be sure they would use it--unless the whole UFO thing is a hoax perpetrated by powerful factions dedicated to promoting funding of black-budget R&D or some secretive human group in possession of very advanced technology and great wealth (both also far-fetched, still leaving the ETH the easiest explanation to swallow).

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by charlyv

Found it. That second picture is a simulation of what a PI saw that night.
Go to 13.48 in this video to see it.

www.youtube.com...

Great work! Accurate knowledge and evidence is crucial in any and every discussion like this. Although it is not an actual photo, according to your investigation, it was created to explain an eye-witness depiction of the real event.

I have always thought that the flares incident , which occurred 2 hours or so after the large delta shaped craft was spotted by so many people, was a purposeful ruse, cooked up by the military so that there would be some kind of an explanation why such a large display of lights were seen by so many people. I believe the military knew very well about this and needed some kind of cover story to avoid looking foolish, because they had no idea what it was as well. (or, perhaps what they did know, they were not going to talk about it anyway.)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
One might even say that the so-called Phoenix Lights case so strongly supports the ETH that that virtually becomes the prosaic explanation, as opposed to the IDH, stories of demons, dragons, dolphins, time travelers, robotic survivors of a previous advanced human civilization, etc. I keep complaining that nobody thought to file FOIA requests for the FAA and weather radar data, but I imagine that in such a high-profile case they would have simply claimed accidental erasure rather than release such smoking-gun evidence.

And if you look at Area 51 on Google Earth, you can see that the biggest hangers, huge as they are, couldn't hold such a giant carpenter's square unless it was folded, deflated, or parked as separate plug-together pieces.

It wasn't a formation of Warthogs, either, because those things are way too noisy. A formation of very quiet helicopters or hot-air balloons kept in tight formation for the purpose of perpetrating a big hoax? Too far-fetched.

And if there were a better explanation than flares, which we know to be untrue, you can be sure they would use it--unless the whole UFO thing is a hoax perpetrated by powerful factions dedicated to promoting funding of black-budget R&D or some secretive human group in possession of very advanced technology and great wealth (both also far-fetched, still leaving the ETH the easiest explanation to swallow).

There have been numerous FOIA requests filed. There are still ongoing investigations with witnesses and military personnel involved. The book I wrote leans on the IDH. These lights are very similar to what was described as the Ophanim www.heartnsoul.com...

]
edit on 11-1-2013 by sbjazzman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

I apologize for not being around here a lot today... I owe, I owe, so off to....

I just want to quickly link up a couple documentaries I have noticed mentioned at several points in this thread.

First up:

I Know What I Saw - Full Length

Next up:

Out of the Blue - Full Length

Followed by:

The Phoenix Lights - Full Length Documentary

edit on 11-1-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings

Originally posted by Snoopie
This is a story that has interested me since i very first read about it, I also saw it in a documentary and not one person they interviewed said planes in formation or flares.

I just really want to know what it was now
Same goes for me. I still have the newspaper (USA Today I believe), with the story.

This subject (UFO's) has been a favorite of mine for more than two decades, and in particular, the Phoenix lights.

I'll keep this thread in mind for later perusal, after I finish reading the rest of the responses that are here now.

That is awesome! I am sure we can search online and find an image of the newspaper with that report in it. Is there anyway you would consider scanning it and posting it in the thread?

If not, can you let us know the date on your paper and the name of the newspaper too. I'll see if I can find it online and post it here for others to have a look at.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

After talking with a few people in the past few days, I've learned something that should be considered by those who have witnessed UFOs and those who question why no photos were taken and why some people don't report the event until weeks, months, or even years later.

It seems that their is some sort of 'logic suppression' at play, where many witnesses intend to tell someone, but for some reason they don't, until some time later - even when they have intentions of telling their story to the first person they see, somehow they just forget to mention it.

They are not alarmed by the fact that they forgot to mention it, they feel normal and tell themselves, 'OK, I'll tell them about it the next time I see them', only to 'forget' again.

Even after realizing they have repeatedly forgotten to mention the event, they are still not alarmed and the fact they continue forgetting to tell someone about their amazing experience doesn't seem odd to them - even if it is incredibly out of character for them to be forgetful and should be alarming.

Maybe there is something at play that effects witnesses in other ways too? I am not sure about that, but, under the circumstance, it does seem plausible

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

It's funny you say that. I never thought about it that way. My only daylight UFO sighting was with my entire family back in the mid to later '90s. We were watching this thing just sitting in the air and thinking nothing about it really, until I said "hey, that's not supposed to be up there". Then we raced to park the car and get out to have a better look and it was just gone.

The point is, the only ones that remember it at all are my younger son and me. My oldest boy and my daughter and ex-wife have no memory at all of it. And I never thought about it, but it wasn't until the last couple years that my son and I told anyone about it or even talked about it between ourselves.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
check this out just a few weeks ago:
More lights same spot, strangely pretty much unnoticed

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

It is strange how often that dynamic is found in eye-witness descriptions of their sighting.

I have been interested in the ET/UFO subject for some time now, but I never thought to watch for this particular hallmark. Now I have started to notice a lot of witness accounts that include this forgetful characteristic.

It is still too early on for me to make any kind of opinion about it, attempt to explain how it happens, or with what sort of sightings it is most commonly found in. It is something I will be paying much closer attention to, moving forward.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

USA Today Wednesday June 18, 1997. Section 4A

UFO Magazine Volumn 15 March 2000 has witness drawings and reports

The Phoenix Lights Mystery by William Hamilton

These may help if one cares to resource.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

esteay812

There are numerous accounts of witnessess and abductees experiencing "amnesia effects".

There are many of those documented in the Phoenix Lights investigation by Richard Motzer MUFONAZ investigator.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Hey there! Thanks for the link, that is incredible! I thought the picture was one from the Phoenix Lights, used for generic reference:

Lights over Phoenix Caught on Video

Published: 5:44 PM 1/2/2013

Originally published by ingersollturok Dec 27, 2012

This kind of reminds me of the Phoenix lights. This strange formation coming from the northeast Arizona sky in Phoenix seems to be elevating higher.

These unidentified flying objects were in the sky for a long time seeming to float then disappear.

(Editor's Note: At first glance, these do look very similar to the 1997 configuration of lights over Phoenix. If you look closely, you will also see some planes moving through the sky.

It is strange that after a specific location has a major sighting, it seems that a subsequent event very similar goes unnoticed.

Edited for:

After watching the video, I do find it interesting, but it makes me want to ask, 'Is that a video of a hillside, with a road and cars travelling down it?'

If not, then it definitely deserves much more attention to identify (if possible) what's happening in the video.

Thanks again canucks555

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

Yes, I have heard of this before on some level, I just didn't realize how prevalent it is, in relation to seperate sightings.

It was our short U2U's to one another earlier that helped me realize that it is something much more common and talked about than I had previously realized.

Edited for:

I just want to add a 'Thank You' for the content of your posts on this subject, particularly in this thread. Nearly every comment you've given has first and last name references, links, or easy to understand descriptions. Posts like that will make any thread worth reading!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by canucks555

Hey there! Thanks for the link, that is incredible! I thought the picture was one from the Phoenix Lights, used for generic reference:

Lights over Phoenix Caught on Video

Published: 5:44 PM 1/2/2013

Originally published by ingersollturok Dec 27, 2012

This kind of reminds me of the Phoenix lights. This strange formation coming from the northeast Arizona sky in Phoenix seems to be elevating higher.

These unidentified flying objects were in the sky for a long time seeming to float then disappear.

(Editor's Note: At first glance, these do look very similar to the 1997 configuration of lights over Phoenix. If you look closely, you will also see some planes moving through the sky.

It is strange that after a specific location has a major sighting, it seems that a subsequent event very similar goes unnoticed.

Not to debunk anything here, but I see this exact formantion every night here in Gilbert, AZ. Incoming commercial aircraft way out in the distance lining up to approach Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. They are 70-125 miles out. If the videographer thought they were real "unknowns" why does the video stop as they start to turn into approach pattern? One would think if one was videotaping an "event" one would stay with it until completly out of site.

Just my initial reaction.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

esteay812

Thanks for the nice words. Always a pleasure. I must add I am just a witness. Not an investigator. Just a very active witness constantly looking for the truth of it all.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

I have to agree with that. It is interesting and has some 'at-first-glance shock value', but it just doesn't 'feel' right.

I thought I had seen a video similar, where they recorded a hillside road and pushed it off as UFOs...

I also remember a thread that talked about a new UFO witness video, but proved to be the SkyHarbor Airport.

_____

What we've all seen you provide in this thread points to you having knowledge on par, or greater than many of today's investigators.

I also think a lot of today's investigators began their journey as a witness. I know seeing a potential alien craft can have a profound effect, lighting a fire that drives the witness to search harder than a general field investigator ever would.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

By the way, the last I heard, MSNBC is planning on airing one of the their Caught on Camera episodes on April 7, featuring Phoenix Lights film and witness accounts.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sbjazzman

I'll be sure to check that out.

I wonder if it will be scripted in a way that casts doubt on the witnesses, since it is a MSM format, or if they will give the witnesses a fair chance?

I can hear them playing the X-Files theme song now, lol... I sure hope not, it would be nice if they air solid information, relating to both sides of the event, then allow the audience to make up their own mind.

Guess we will find out in April! Thanks again for that, I always seem to miss these type of programs, until months after they air.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join