It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Report on the Phoenix Lights by a First-Hand Witness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

esteay812....One of the least spoken reports of March 13, 1997, was the fact that there was an "amnesia type effect" on many witnesses. One being the Bradley Evens family. After their sighting they arrived in Tempe, AZ., to their motel. There they met with family and friends. Not a word was spoken about their amazing sighting by 5 people. Not one word. It was 4-5 months later the light went off. They haven't stopped talking about their sighting since. This happened many times during upclose ufo events. Especially the "Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona March 13, 1997", as I prefer to call it.

The first 6 words of my original report in March 1997 was, "I awoke from a brief nap....." Many times I have said that my awakening was not just dumb luck. A great many PL witnesses claim that they feel they were meant to see the craft. I would be one of them. Strange as it sounds, that's how I feel.

Please read the 3 interviews by Frank Warren at his site... theufochronicles.com

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
reply to post by mikefortson

So Mike, again, thank you so much for your involvement and participation and insightful firsthand accounts.

I guess I really only have one more question. (I've been here on this thread from the beginning).

What's your gut feeling? Will you, will we ever finally find out what that UFO was on the night of March 13, 1997?

Much regards,
Cheers! ID

I hope so. I have been wanting to see it again for a very long time now. I have followed several similar sightings all over the planet for a very long time. I think it just might be a "once-in-a-lifetime-event", but I'm hoping for a second chance. I have many questions I'd like to ask of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

That's what I think, that it is done intentionally. If they didn't truly want to confuse the issue they wouldn't need to show any video at all during the interviews. Or they could explain that the video was taken later and is not representative of what the witnesses described. Or better yet, just show some artist's renditions of what witnesses described.

I believe from what I've seen that it's a coordinated effort to place that picture in the public mind (the flare video) so that no matter how many people tell them later that there was more to it their mind plays back that flare video and they can't get past it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikefortson

Originally posted by ItDepends

So Mike, again, thank you so much for your involvement and participation and insightful firsthand accounts.

I guess I really only have one more question. (I've been here on this thread from the beginning).

What's your gut feeling? Will you, will we ever finally find out what that UFO was on the night of March 13, 1997?

Much regards,
Cheers! ID

I hope so. I have been wanting to see it again for a very long time now. I have followed several similar sightings all over the planet for a very long time. I think it just might be a "once-in-a-lifetime-event", but I'm hoping for a second chance. I have many questions I'd like to ask of them.

Thanks Mike. I quite agree with everything you said. As you've stated, it could be a "once-in-a-lifetime-event", , I hope not. But I find your response, honest, sincere and very logical. Thanks for everything!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes, yes, the beautiful "Phoenix lights", the giant, black triangle as seen by thousands of people over a MAJOR city in the US.

Isn't it odd we don't have one single PHOTO or VIDEO of such an amazing event?

I have such a hard time to believe this....this didn't happen in Bumblef**k, rural TN but over a city which has 1.5Mil residents. And all we have is 3rd hand "witness accounts", CLAIMING they saw something....and that's it.

And yet, the flares were definitely dropped in view of the entire city, and how many pictures and videos of that were produced? 2 or 3? More recently, a rocket flight gone awry was seen as a huge glowing orb from the ground - and when it flew over a city of over 20 million.. two videos were taken and shown. Just because something is in the air doesn't mean it's going to be filmed by dozens of people.

I don't think for a moment this was military - the military have never had a habit of flying test or secret aircraft over populated areas. That makes no sense at all. The first sighting was by a police officer in another state. The sightings continued for quite some time and had a trail going south. The flares were an obvious decoy.

Unless someone actually believes that the military truly had a mission scheduled that night to drop flares for the first AND last time in view of the entire city, in a V shaped pattern. And the decoy worked beautifully - the flares behind the mountains near Phoenix are still produced to this day as the Phoenix lights, and people say "No.. those are flares...", causing confusion.. which I am sure was the purpose.

The flares proved that the military knew something was going on and tried to cover it up. They outfoxed themselves there. The last sighting was south of Phoenix later that night, off a highway. So the object did make some good distance. It's a very important case imo.. and I wish it would get more attention.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

That was a very good synopsis of what I was getting at a couple posts ago. Good job!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I always find it weird that the Phoenix lights were shown to be in the sky for so long, yet to my knowledge there were no fighter planes sent to intercept and observe them during this time? Maybe I am wrong and there were but I couldn't find any. Regarding the member who said there were only videos taken, he is wrong as there are plenty of photos taken that I have seen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Phoenix Lights event has always been of great interest to me.

I look forward to seeing where this thread goes!

Big props to the OP for posting this. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

There were.

Re-read some of the previous posts, and you'll uncover that answer... lol

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Over the last few years a private company called JSA or something, has been developing a heavy lift hi altitude balloon. It is part of a project to launch rockets from a floating platform in the stratosphere. Although their project is still ongoing, I wonder if the military or nasa had similar toys in development during the 90's.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ok so the company is JS aerospace and the project is called Ascender.
Note that the concept drawing has rocket propulsion system maybe magnetoplasmic.
This project has been around for at least a decade now.

edit on 11-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ok, So why were there flares in the sky in the pics or videos 1-2 hours after the phoenix lights actually happening?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Well, first off I'd like to thank the guys who came into this thread to pass on their experiences. I've read this thread with great interest and have thoroughly enjoyed everyone's input, and no bickering!!

I think the rocket launch platform above looks like an interesting candidate, especially when compared to the artists impression on a previous page... It's pretty large, and it would have to be to fulfil its function. I read somewhere (sorry, no source so I could be totally off) that the Lockheed Blackbird was actually conceived not too long after the second world war, but the records state the first flight was 1962... I think it's generally accepted that whatever they're showing us now has been around for a good number of years prior to official disclosure to the public so... It could be a possibility.... I'd be interested to know what the witnesses here think...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just want to point out that people keep saying there was no video of the V shaped object that overflew the state of Arizona hours before the flares were dropped, but that's not true. There IS a video of a V-shaped formation of lights that was shot that night. The video is very rare and very hard to find, but I know those of you who have really delved into this case have seen it. It's been on several of the TV documentaries that discussed the Phoenix UFO event.

The problem is, this footage does more to support the theory that the earlier sighting of the V formation was just a group of airplanes in formation, because the lights don't make a perfect V shape and they seem to be unsteady in their formation in the video. Whether it's an actual video of what everyone else saw, I don't know.

Regardless, this is still one of my favorite UFO incidents. I remember when it happened, it was all over the news. And I personally have vivid memories of seeing a very similar formation of red lights over my home town, but I was so young, I'm not fully convinced that it wasn't just a vivid dream I had because of the Phoenix UFO incident.

I will say that I still hold the opinion that the 10:30 event was, in fact, the military dropping flares. What I dispute is the reason. I fully believe that this giant V-shaped object, whatever it was, overflew the state of Arizona about two hours earlier. I believe a lot of people saw it, and the military decided "Oh crap, there's no hiding this. We'd better do something, quick! Get some boys up in the jets and drop some flares as a diversion! It'll also make a great cover story!"

If you all haven't seen the newest documentary on the Phoenix Lights incident, I really suggest you watch it. There was brand new evidence presented in the form of control tower recordings of a pilot who witnessed a massive array of lights that terrified him up in the sky that night. I think it may have been the American Paranormal documentary but I can't remember for sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If you're talking about me, I didn't mean to imply that there were no pictures taken, just that they show the same old video clip of the flare drop on every show I've ever seen. I'm sure there are pictures, maybe even pics of the craft?? Who knows?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The thing that always gets me, and it's the same with this person's account of the story... You see something that amazing and yet ..

1. They go inside for 5-10 minutes
2. Dad goes in and makes his bed "and crap"

If I saw something like that the first thing I would be doing is running for a camera.. and I doubt I'd be thinking about going in to make my bed.

I've seen video of the Pheonix Lights and to me it still seems like the flare scenario is the most plausible .. in all I've seen all you can see are the actual lights, you can't see any actual structure... it also seemed to change shape which indicates to me that it's not a solid object anyway.. .. it began as a sharp v formation and ended up a much slighter v shape..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1

There were.

Re-read some of the previous posts, and you'll uncover that answer... lol

You are correct, I never saw that little part that was mentioned....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

If you're talking about me, I didn't mean to imply that there were no pictures taken, just that they show the same old video clip of the flare drop on every show I've ever seen. I'm sure there are pictures, maybe even pics of the craft?? Who knows?

Wasn't talking about you in general, just that many said there were no pictures taken which I found strange as I have seen them myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The thing that always gets me, and it's the same with this person's account of the story... You see something that amazing and yet ..

1. They go inside for 5-10 minutes
2. Dad goes in and makes his bed "and crap"

If I saw something like that the first thing I would be doing is running for a camera.. and I doubt I'd be thinking about going in to make my bed.

I've seen video of the Phoenix Lights and to me it still seems like the flare scenario is the most plausible .. in all I've seen all you can see are the actual lights, you can't see any actual structure... it also seemed to change shape which indicates to me that it's not a solid object anyway.. .. it began as a sharp v formation and ended up a much slighter v shape..

Before you settle on flares let me suggest we apply Occam's Razor to our analysis:

1. If the military was trying to create a diversion, why would they launch the flares 75 miles away from Phoenix where they should have been seen by witnesses all the way to Tucson? Reports of the 10:00 pm sighting were mainly North of the Estrella Range which is the Range seen behind the four witnesses video (including my own)?

2. If the military launched the videos further north as they claimed, why does the position not match the triangulation (crossing) point of all four videos?

3. Why would the military go to all of the trouble of shooting flares when they could easily use the standard procedures they've always used - denial, obfuscation and misdirection by just saying - they were flares?

4. Why do people assume that the Vee sighting and the String (what I'm calling the 10:00 PM sighting) can not possibly be related? I filmed sightings of the these light every night for four nights that week. They appeared first as one light, the next night as two lights, and the next night as three lights until Thursday, March 13 they appeared as five lights to our position and nine lights to Mike Krzston's and Chuch Rairden's position. who decided that singular lights could not form Vee shaped objects that appear attached? Why would we apply this worldly physics to other-worldly phenomena? I should also note that I shot video of similar lights around 8:30 that night with helicopters chasing which then begs the question - why do we think there was a limited number of lights to go around that night? There could have been dozens of them - not just the assumed one set of lights fly-by from Nevada to Mexico.

5. The descend rate for the flares is 8.3 feet per second. I have film showing 4 minutes of flares hanging stationary in the sky before drifting slightly out of range sideways. That's 2,000 feet of descent. Meanwhile I have frames that show them in the sky in relationship to the ground - they should have moved down quickly. Another witness behind me many miles didn't start filing until about three minutes after me (based on time duration tables constructed by the analysts at the time). That would give a burn time of the flares longer then capable (four minutes).

6. Characteristics - Why would there be no smoke, no sparking, randomness to the array or delivery system (plane) in view?

Again I ask seekers of the truth behind this event to review my compiled materials at www.oracleofthephoenix.com... and follow to the forum thread at www.oracleofthephoenix.com...

The video shot from my house is at www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Maybe some secret NASA project? www.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join