It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Report on the Phoenix Lights by a First-Hand Witness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
My uncle was a security guard at Embry Riddle in Prescott, AZ and I know he saw it. My parents, my brother, and I were on our way home from Prescott going back to Phoenix. We were just south of sunset point which is about halfway on I-17 my parents saw it and judging only from what time we usually left my grandparents house in Prescott it was probably around 8:00. Sorry I can't offer more but i don't remember seeing it myself. I could have been asleep in the backseat I guess?? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FrznFenix

Sure, but that photo is just a mockup of what people saw at approx (if we go by this report) 5000 ft. And the object in the video is at least at 20,000, more like 30 to 50 thou IMO. Also consider that things DO accelerate and decelerate
Not all cars travel at only 40mph and only 40mph..!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am leaning toward their sighting taking place at the earlier time, because they mentioned the sun had just started to set. That time of year in Arizona, isn't sunset around 8ish o'clock?

Apparently the "real" sighting took place during dusk. The lights in the famous photo were actually flares taken hours later. That is what I heard.
edit on 10-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Every time the MSM refers to the "Phoenix Lights" directly or otherwise they show the video of the flares on the horizon. Those are not what people who saw the real thing recount. They say the flares came later. Certain elements of this guys story ring true with that.

Anyway, it was just after sunset, or so it seemed,

The later video of flares happens around 10 pm or later? So thats a plus...

They were more like a yellow, old school street lamp as it looks through a rainy fog,

The Delta V shape and lights on the bottom...

We watched this thing move all across the city for about 20 - 25 minutes in total, just like we did when they were too far away to judge, but still visible.

The length of time it was visible overall, the shape of an object and the lights again. They saw it at the house, drove home watching it, and then watched it some more.

For me the most telling aspect was the look of the lights...

The lights still appeared as if they were under that same fog, the same thickness, but from a further distance.

That is an oft reported phenomenon with visibility of objects (as thru a fog).

All add up to him being one of the true witnesses of whatever it was everyone saw that night. He does not follow the dis - info sighting reports from the media nor the Air force explanation or the Flares video filmed later that night.

He doesn't even mention these things. That lends credence to his story too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
I am leaning toward their sighting taking place at the earlier time, because they mentioned the sun had just started to set. That time of year in Arizona, isn't sunset around 8ish o'clock?

Apparently the "real" sighting took place during dusk. The lights in the famous photo were actually flares taken hours later. That is what I heard.
edit on 10-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

The sun was already behind the horizon and the sky was nearly blackened. It was surely during the 8 o'clock hour as thats when we usually left my aunts to go back to the base. I am sure Mike or myself could probably reference the almanacs for AZ that day, if he hasn't already.

There were news reports on channel 3 in the area of the sighting shortly after it happened (the first one) that contained video footage, I remember that part because I had a crush on one of the local anchor women.
edit on 10-1-2013 by FrznFenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanks Fenix for doing this.

I remember hearing from a youth witness who was in a P L's documentary. He said that the lights were like the shimmering you see off a hot road, like a mirage effect. I found this intriguing. Aswell some gentlemen indicated it was huge and could hold all our b-52 bombers on the wings.

I have often wondered how much contrast was there between the craft and the background sky when you saw it? Was a structured craft evident?

Many talk about the V formation of lights but fewer talk about the actual craft. Some said it was transparent. Can you shed some light on how obvious a craft was or was it just lights?

thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Thanks again for taking the time to tell your story Fenix, and welcome to ATS.

I have no problem in believing you, with so many witnesses, there was something there.

Somebody, earlier in the thread mentioned that it felt other worldly, and that was my feeling, when I saw my own sighting, many years before.

It would be good for a bunch of you to all hook up, and cross stories, just to see if anything new comes to light, you never know, even after all these years.

I look forward to hearing about the rest of the events in your life.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Whoa,hold up there.Disappearing military base??? I've never heard of that.Can anyone confirm anything about this?Has anyone heard of it before now?Any links or info would be appreciated.Thanks .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I sent a personal message to the Original Poster, I didn't want to seem like I was jumping in to high jack the thread or make the focus on my side rather than the other witness.

But I was living in The Phoenix area (Glendale) at the time with my mother and father. My dad is now a retired airline captain but he was out of town working on the night of March, 13th 1997. I wish he was with us more than ever, because he could have told me exactly the elevation of the object in question. Being around planes my whole life I've got a hang of plane spotting and such, but I don't have the 35+ years of experience at it that my pops has.

I would be more than glad to give my vantage point on things, but again, the thread & original post was about someone else's story, not my story, so until the original poster says its cool, I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to make the thread about what we saw.

Not to mention the OP said the witness might join the thread, I don't want to "steal his thunder". But I sure would love to chat with him about 3/13/97, no shortage of questions coming from this side, that's for sure.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Allegory of Illumination because: I just saw that the other witness has joined this thread as user Fenix. My mistake, glad to see he joined the convo.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Sparrowstail...in June of 1997 I was doing a radio show in Phoenix (KTAR 620am) with Preston Westmorland. I was answering questions...a caller called in and said, "Mike, I think what you saw was a B2 bomber...I replied, "sir, you could land all 40 of our B2 bombers on the wing of this craft!" I also said this in "Out of the Blue" while being filmed by James Fox. I think once this was said people started to realize just how massive this craft was.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Josephus...I had lunch with a retired flight instructor at Embry Riddle. He said he and a student pilot were doing touch and goes on March 13, 1997. Arounf 8:25 pm or so, they were over the south end of Chino Valley when they both thought there was a power outage because everything went black below them. Then they realized the massive black craft was passing below them. In his words, "we thought we were gonna die!" But, the massive V shaped craft just passed harmlessly below them and continued south. Many of those in the air saw this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

FrznFenix....thank you for your reply. There are thousands who have never written about what they saw on March 13, 1997. You and your family are not alone. Hopefully, soon we can share details in emails or in this thread about what was witnessed that night.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Does anyone know if the photo on the right is an actual photograph, or an artistic conception of the real object that was observed that night in Phoenix ?

According to most of the documentation on the incident, a picture of the actual huge , triangular object was never taken, however this picture shows up in many sites that describe the incident, and also in the research that Dr Lynne Kitel did, along with her book on the subject.

The image on the left is really the flares picture , taken later that night and is not the display that most people that witnessed the event saw.earlier in the evening, after dusk. That picture shows up in every site that discusses Phoenix, and is really not the subject of interest.

The image on the right, clearly shows an angled object, and illustrates more of what people saw and reported. I wonder if it is a real picture. Does anyone have more info here? Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

Hi Mike, glad to see you here. I have read much of what you've written that has appeared on the UFO Chronicles website, and I have written in reply to many of those on here who think the "Phoenix Lights" incident is all about the dropped flares. Hopefully I've gotten a few of them to do some research into the subject on their own.

I think you'd be surprised, though, by the number of people that still think that it was all about the videos of the flare drop, not just on these boards, but everywhere I go. Every TV show I have ever seen shows that same old clip when talking about the "Phoenix Lights". I have to wonder why this thing is so hard to get through to people.
edit on 1/10/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

Mike, Thanks for coming into this thread and sharing your thoughts

Originally posted by FrznFenix

The sun was already behind the horizon and the sky was nearly blackened. It was surely during the 8 o'clock hour as thats when we usually left my aunts to go back to the base. I am sure Mike or myself could probably reference the almanacs for AZ that day, if he hasn't already.

Thanks to you Fenix for your willingness to come forward and share with us.

It appears that both of you saw something at the earlier time frame 8-8:30pm. That sighting seems to be the one that has baffled most people and is not to be confused with the later sighting at 10ish,, which appears to have been flares.

At this time, Mike or Fenix, can you add or would you be able to maybe recollect any additional information that you may not have already stated prior? As an enthusiast, I guess, I am just searching for any more details from two first hand observers.

It's 2013, 16 years later. What do you believe you saw on that night? Man-made, ET or something else?
Can you give any more details of what the craft looked like, color, estimated size (lenght and width)
How many lights on the craft did you see? How large were they?
Any other markings on the craft that stick out in your mind? Like radar antenna? Windows?
When you saw this object, can you estimate its' speed, how fast it was traveling?
How long did you actually see the object before you could no longer see it? Did you leave to do something else or it just left your view?
Directionof where it was coming from and headed toward?

Really appreciate you taking the time to be here with us. It's rare to have an opportunity to ask questions from 1st hand observers. So thank you very much. I am not asking you to re-hash your stated stories, rather, just search for any other details and especially, what is your sincere feeling as to what you believe you saw that night.

Cheers!
ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

it was at least 5,000 feet up and massive, in the shape of a V made out of lights.

Yes, yes, the beautiful "Phoenix lights", the giant, black triangle as seen by thousands of people over a MAJOR city in the US.

Isn't it odd we don't have one single PHOTO or VIDEO of such an amazing event?

I have such a hard time to believe this....this didn't happen in Bumblef**k, rural TN but over a city which has 1.5Mil residents. And all we have is 3rd hand "witness accounts", CLAIMING they saw something....and that's it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikefortson

Good evening FrznFenix,

Mike Fortson here.

I'm Ron Burgandy?
edit on 1-10-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Thanks Fenix for doing this.

I remember hearing from a youth witness who was in a P L's documentary. He said that the lights were like the shimmering you see off a hot road, like a mirage effect. I found this intriguing. Aswell some gentlemen indicated it was huge and could hold all our b-52 bombers on the wings.

I have often wondered how much contrast was there between the craft and the background sky when you saw it? Was a structured craft evident?

Many talk about the V formation of lights but fewer talk about the actual craft. Some said it was transparent. Can you shed some light on how obvious a craft was or was it just lights?

thanks

I could not see a craft of any kind. Only the lights, no lines were obvious and no shape, but seeing the lights as they were it was obvious that they were attached to something. Always moving at the sane speed and ever steady at the same time. I know they were attached to something in my mind but i could never proove it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae

Whoa,hold up there.Disappearing military base??? I've never heard of that.Can anyone confirm anything about this?Has anyone heard of it before now?Any links or info would be appreciated.Thanks .

This is off topic but yes. And i know exactly where this one is. It is near a rest stop half way to soccorro,nm headed south on I 25 from belen, nm. I could map it later for you guys but i literally just woke up. so give me s little time. anyways there is a mountain called Ladron peak here in NM. As you face it from I-25 just during the day it jst seems like a dried out old desert mountain ... buuut if you are up early enough as i always was working at my best friends dairy everyday opf every summer and you face the mountain from atop the mesa there.. (higher elevation than the I-25, freeway is below the mesa) at just the right time when the sun just peaks over the horizon you can see the base form like a mirage for a minutes and then its gone.

There are 2 large buildings that look like they are the size of hangers and a lot of smaller dots/things which cant be indentified.. maybe cars.

This base was never visible in bionoculars or anything and when we tried to approach on time on ATV werent able to find it. There is miles and miles of desert and cattle pange with fences and ditches arroyos and even the rio puerco. If you want me to comment more though on this we should open a different thread.

Like i said guys i have seen soo much weird stuff living here. AM i lucky or cursed. you decide. cuz i sure as hell dont know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join