It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Dispo

your request is akin to doing the same.

Not at all, I'm asking you to point out exactly why you think gun control is a bad thing and why all this executive order business and everything is a bit dodgy using sound logical reasoning, facts, statistics and evidence.

Saying "Hitler took the guns and then tried to kill everyone therefore Obama is doing the same" will not sway anyone.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I think that you misread

final line of that was to paraphrase "We don't need him coming out and stating that everyone needs to turn in their guns" ie: if he does that, it would be bad bad bad bad bad

Yes i'm tired today..

forgive me, the point i was trying to make is that banning any kind of firearm is a bad idea. i'm not against regulating explosives, rocket launchers, grenades, etc, but rifles, "assault weapons", 30 round clips should all be legal.

would a robber be more likely to rob someone who has an ar-15, or someone with a .22 single shot plinking pistol? cuz that's about all obama wants citizens to have.

i'm glad you're not giving into fear and propaganda, i'm just trying to point out the benefits we get from having high capacity magazines and semi auto rifles.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Speachless if this actually turns into something .

Would they dare do away with the 2nd amendment via an EO ?

If it is done , than what will the constitution become other than a big fraud ?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course they won't, that would cause far too much trouble.

This EO threat is political posturing to make the guns say "alright, we'll compromise, take our folding laser stock shrouds and nothing more" so that the guns can keep their guns without actually being affected in any way at all - much the same as the AWB, and then Obama can look like a hero to the anti-guns. It's win-win.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Not at all, I'm asking you to point out exactly why you think gun control is a bad thing and why all this executive order business and everything is a bit dodgy using sound logical reasoning, facts, statistics and evidence.

gun crime in the u.k. has increased dramatically AFTER they banned guns.
news.bbc.co.uk...

A new study suggests the use of handguns in crime rose by 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned.

www.wnd.com...

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

every time legislation like this has passed in the last 200 years or so, it has resulted in mass murder. hitler is one example, the armenian genocide, stalin's reign, and communist china are all examples.

i'm beginning to think i'm being trolled, all this info is a google search away. if it wasn't true you could easily disprove it.

so, we've looked at who's banned guns in the past, and the result. now, lets consider who wants to ban them now? obama. what do you think the result will be, given past events, and current crime statistics?

war on multiple fronts, gun bans, surveilance without warrants on citizens, assassination plans for citizens. you could insert obama or hitler into the above sentence and both versions would be true.

it's called an analogy, and makes for a disturbing juxtaposition.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You're not being trolled, I completely agree with you.

I just think that using Hitler to describe the current situation is lazy and deceitful.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

www.weeklystandard.com

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun.

The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party
If a person “fears” guns and gun violence, then that is their private problem, not the problem of our entire society. We as gun owners should not have to relinquish our rights because others are afraid of what MIGHT happen to them.

We should demand that they control THEIR fear, instead of being allowed to control OUR guns. Just because a portion of our country shares this individual fear does not make that fear any more credible, or any more our problem.
To put this bluntly, there are approximately 50 million gun owners (according to official estimates) in the United States. If only 2% of those gun owners refuse to submit to the Feinstein Database, and the feds attempt confiscation, they will have a massive revolution on their hands.

Many Americans, including myself, will not be strolling into the local Fusion Center to register our weapons. Why? Because gun registration reeks of fascism!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm armed, I don't want to give up my weapon
So there's really no fear and propaganda that I'm listening to other than there has to be a happy medium, something that will shut up all the people clammoring to ban everything, and that lets the rest of us continue on our happy lives..

SO far i can't come up with one.. ...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Speachless if this actually turns into something .

Would they dare do away with the 2nd amendment via an EO ?

If it is done , than what will the constitution become other than a big fraud ?

When backed into a corner, a victim has two options: he can lie down and die, or, he can fight regardless of the odds. Sadly, this is where we are in America; fear, servitude, subservience, or civil war.
Registration and restriction equals revolution. Count on it. It is not a matter of what we “want”, it is a matter of what is necessary.
"gun nuts” and “liberty freaks” who are on the “fringe” of the populous. At least, that’s what the headlines will say.
They wont go door to door it will be like your everyday drug raid..
lots of cops yellow tape..
just stay in at night & lock your door..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
law-abiding, legal gun owners of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, would also bear witness to the savagery of which those in uniform are capable.

“Few Americans realize that on February 28, 1993 when Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (“BATF”) agents in National Guard helicopters zoomed in on the Branch Davidians’ church and home, Mount Carmel Center, they did so with guns blazing, like Americans raiding a Vietnamese village in that far off war….These agents shot wildly and threw grenades at the building for more than an hour, even as Davidians called “911″ to beg for a ceasefire….For weeks the FBI sabotaged negotiations through lies, threats and insults, destruction of property, shining of bright lights, blaring of loud music and violent sounds, and terrifying helicopter overflights and fake tank rammings….Their goal was to destroy the building and its damaging evidence, even if that meant the massacre of dozens of men, women and children, all witnesses to the brutal attack….On April 19, 1993, the FBI used its tanks systematically to turn Mount Carmel into a lethal fire trap. Tanks collapsed the trap door leading to the underground tornado shelter and all three staircases. Tanks rammed a concrete room sheltering dozens of Davidians until the ceiling collapsed, killing women and children before the fire. Long booms saturated the building with flammable gas, probably mixed with flammable solvents…Attorney General Janet Reno and the Justice Department were not content with murdering 82 Davidians, 61 of them women and children. They were intent upon prosecuting and punishing the few survivors whose “crime” was defending themselves against an unprovoked paramilitary assault.”
While the rest of the world just watched.
Could be me some day.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Just stop mentioning Hitler (or any other naughty dictators), that's all I'm asking.

Are you stating that Hitler didn't ban guns?

Are you stating that disarming the people isn't a common tactic to institute tyranny?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Are you stating that Hitler didn't ban guns?

Nope.

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Are you stating that disarming the people isn't a common tactic to institute tyranny?

Nope.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Are you stating that bringing up previous examples of government gun confiscation, or government control in a gun control thread is.... wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would really like to see the GOP House leadership lock in their heels and refuse to bring any new gun legislation to the floor for a vote. If Obama then tries to overstep his authority by issuing some type of Executive Order to institute gun control. The House by all rights should impeach him. I know that would get nowhere in the Democratic Senate but it would show that even what is supposed to be the senior legislative body ignores its own rights over party loyalty and might, just might, spur the States and or the Armed forces into action to restore the Constitution.

I really think the rhetoric from anti-Second Amendment forces has gone over the top. They need to tone it down. I'm not sure they realize that things are a lot different than when they passed the AWB in '93. We are a much more divided country right now: politically, economically, demographically, and racially; the economy now is a pale shadow of what it was in '93 we were already out of a recession and into the start of a multi-year economic expansion, and the anti-2nd forces owned all the MSM and had no competition from the web and alternative media. At best I feel they are dangerously unaware of the passion this issue raises and at worst they might be trying to spark some type of reaction from pro-2nd individuals to cement their goal of total disarmament of the American people.

I hear the argument on here often that we've been defecated on by the government in various ways these past few decades and have not exercised our Natural Right to remove and replace our government. The best counter I have to that argument is

ll experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Can you imagine a government that has done all the things we talk about here on ATS daily to an armed citizenry would do to an unarmed citizenry? We need only to look at the atrocities carried out by governments in the 20th Century for relevant examples.

I've had this discussion with several people in my life lately. I admit that there is virtually no one that matters in my life that supports any expansion of gun control. Our discussions have been more along the lines of what our breaking point is, and what is our line where it is morally appropriate to resist/revolt. Most of the folks I've had this discussion with are veterans. I'm not comfortable at this time discussing where that line is in a public forum.

I am a veteran myself and I understand the consequences, and what my life expectancy would be should the liars and thieves in charge of this country cross my line. The moral question I'm trying to work out for myself isn't so much is if I'm willing to die to protect my right to bear arms. I swore an Oath "to protect the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic" when I was barely 18 years old. The greatest enemies of our Constitution reside not in foreign capitals or caves in lawless states, but on Wall Street, K Street, the halls of Congress, and in the Main Stream Media. As someone who believes that someday I will stand before the Creator and have to answer for my actions in this life the moral question I'm still looking for the answer for isn't am I willing to die to protect this right, but at what point am I willing to kill to protect it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Nope.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Nope.

Then what is your problem with bringing up hitler's gun control legislation in a thread about gun control legislation?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Because people were doing it like this:
OBAMA IS HITLER
Which only serves to marginalise their opinions.

If people want to say "I think Obama is like Hitler because..." and then list a load of factual evidence to back up that claim, direct comparisons on policy and so on, that's fine.

But for drudge to say "Obama is possibly maybe thinking about sort of doing an executive order" alongside a picture of Hitler is just silly.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Because people were doing it like this:
OBAMA IS HITLER

Really?

I've been reading this thread since the beginning, and I don't remember anyone saying that Obama is Hitler.

I HAVE heard the potential gun control being compared to the gun control in nazi germany....

Which is an apt comparison to draw given the history of gun control used to institute tyranny.

It seems to me that you are strawmanning to make yourself look better.
edit on 9-1-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join