It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control in America. YES!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

You keep our guns out of your country. It's so funny to me that you have made so many arguments on the second amendment and you have no leg to stand on.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Oh I can, and I have, and I will continue to.
I don't parrot my friend, you on the other hand have made a right fine career out of it here.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
American guns, Canadian deaths

“Specifically with handguns and automatic weapons, it's generally coming from the U.S. or offshore,” said Const. Ian MacDonald with the Abbotsford Police Department. “They aren't from within Canada.

Keep your guns out of our damn country. Just because Americans are a bunch of pussies who pull out guns at every little sound, doesn't mean everybody else is.

Your country needs gun control, the more guns you have the more their bound to get stolen and make it into our country. Our country is a helluva lot better than yours and the majority of us do not want it to turn into America.

1)Your country would be run by another nation if not for the US. (I love it up there, but lets be realistic here)

2)Pretty sure it is the job of each country to control what crosses their boarders. If you have issue with guns crossing into your country, speak to your government about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You keep our guns out of your country. It's so funny to me that you have made so many arguments on the second amendment and you have no leg to stand on.

My arguments on gun control are usually filled with facts. How about yours?...

The fact of the matter is this...because Americans are controlled by the criminal element and live in constant fear...they desire more guns and don't care about anyone else that may get hurt in the process.

Case in point...Sandy Hook.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

My arguments on gun control are usually filled with facts. How about yours?...

The fact of the matter is this...because Americans are controlled by the criminal element and live in constant fear...they desire more guns and don't care about anyone else that may get hurt in the process.

Very weak argument. Guns are the reason we are a free nation. Period. Its logical fallacy to argue that a criminal who used legal guns for criminal acts would not use ILLEGAL guns for the same act.

Come on now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Actually they aren't. Arguing for gun control is itself a flawed argument. That's why it is impossible for you to win, but I will gladly accept any challenge you would like to offer.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Let's look at that case.

A mentally deranged nut, tries to legally buy a weapon, but was unable to. He then illegally obtains a weapon that was illegal in the state he was in. He then goes to a location where firearms are prohibited. Because there is no one there to offer any equal resistance, he is free to kill until he runs out of bullets or cops with equal force can arrive many minutes later.

All I see from that is gun control laws and restrictions do not stop gun crimes from happening, and only serve to increase the number of victims.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Weak argument.
We don't live in fear, have you ever even been to America?
You probably won't see a gun on your whole visit unless you see a cop. We generally keep them out of sight so you guys that get scared at the sight of one don't freak out.

Sandy Hook is a worthless point. That was a failure of school safety, educational system, of parenting, and of mental health system. Guns are the most benign part of that equation. Of course ignorant people will always take the past of least resistance for their little brains.

Mentally ill man, uses a gun on people, in an indefensible location. Hmm.. forget the mentally ill and the indefensible location, let's attack the lesser variable so we can take away the rights of lots of people and do nothing to solve the problem.

Good day to you sir, read a book in my absence.
edit on 9-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That was awful and tears come to eyes

Sandy hook

But that's not us

1 deranged kid

On meds

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Mexico bans guns for everyone except the police, military, and body guards

That is untrue,
the Mexican constitution guarantees the right to bear arms. Do your homework.
edit on 9-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

reason.com...
[QUOTE]
Mexico is actually sometimes held up as an example of exemplary gun laws. Despite a sort-of constitutional guarantee of the right to bear arms, Mexico has only one gun store, which is run by the army, and severe legal restrictions on gun ownership. From the New York Times:

The 1917 Constitution written after Mexico’s bloody revolution, for example, says that the right to carry arms excludes those weapons forbidden by law or reserved for use by the military, and it also states that “they may not carry arms within inhabited places without complying with police regulations.”

The government added more specific limits after the uprisings in the 1960s, when students looted gun stores in Mexico City. So under current law, typical customers like Rafael Vargas, 43, a businessman from Morelos who said he was buying a pistol “to make sure I sleep better,” must wait months for approval and keep his gun at home at all times.

His purchase options are also limited: the largest weapons in Mexico’s single gun store — including semiautomatic rifles like the one used in the Aurora attack — can be bought only by members of the police or the military. Handgun permits for home protection allow only for the purchase of calibers no greater than .38, so the most exotic option in the pistol case here consisted of a Smith & Wesson revolver selling for $803.05. [END QUOTE]
Some Doctors and well healed individuals that I know have weapons both legal and illegal; legal is hard, illegal not hard at all if you have the money. But the everyday citizen could not afford one unless they are connected. When I speak to my Mexican friends they all just shake their head about trying to buy a legal firearm for protection in Mexico. Again there is the public policy and the real policy.

edit on 9-1-2013 by 727Sky because: spell

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Let's keep this one civil. Why do all these threads have to be pretty much Hijacked by incendiary comments? Both sides, (yes there are two beliefs shared by two large groups of people here) Make it a DEBATE.
"Stay out of our business"
This thread proves that in some ways it IS our business. We're discussing ISSUES here. This issue has to do with complete weapon proliferation, to the point of it overspilling into neighboring countries. It is valid.

I could say something spiteful and (imo) witty here but won't. It's an internet forum, we all know that you believe strongly in your views, and are good people. It would be nice to get more debate out of you all instead of the typical "knee-jerk" reactions we see here.

one thing I will say to Captaintyinknots, Your words about Canada: "1)Your country would be run by another nation if not for the US.
You disgrace our Canadian troops that worked hand in hand with you in times that we are lucky not to have seen. That wasn't appropriate.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Let's keep this one civil. Why do all these threads have to be pretty much Hijacked by incendiary comments? Both sides, (yes there are two beliefs shared by two large groups of people here) Make it a DEBATE.
"Stay out of our business"
This thread proves that in some ways it IS our business. We're discussing ISSUES here. This issue has to do with complete weapon proliferation, to the point of it overspilling into neighboring countries. It is valid.

I could say something spiteful and (imo) witty here but won't. It's an internet forum, we all know that you believe strongly in your views, and are good people. It would be nice to get more debate out of you all instead of the typical "knee-jerk" reactions we see here.

one thing I will say to Captaintyinknots, Your words about Canada: "1)Your country would be run by another nation if not for the US.
You disgrace our Canadian troops that worked hand in hand with you in times that we are lucky not to have seen. That wasn't appropriate.

1)This thread has not even come close to proving that it is 'your issue'. It is up to YOUR government to control what crosses your borders. If you have issues with it, your issue is with THEM, not us. We didnt cry about it when brian Adams started touring in the U.S., as it was our country that allowed it (
)

2)I dont disgrace anyone. It is a fact. If not for the US, canada would be under the control of another nation. This is irrefutable fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I am sickened by the blatant generalization, and stat manipulation from the media and the misinformed, who attempt to paint law abiding gun owners with the same brush as psychotic killers, but that's for another day. Meanwhile read this...

www.vcdl.org...
edit on 9-1-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
2)I dont disgrace anyone. It is a fact. If not for the US, canada would be under the control of another nation. This is irrefutable fact.

Why are you trying to derail my thread? Is that how you operate here on ATS? Don't agree so you try derail the thread? . Just asking.
edit on 9-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

why are you trying to derail my thread? I could complain about it but won't. Just asking.

Not trying to derail at all. It was said, in this thread, that Canada was better than america, and that we should give up our guns. My point is, without us americans and our guns, you all would be under the rule of another nation. You are free, thanks to our guns. Dont forget that.

My point is quite valid to this thread. If anything, you are the one who is now derailing.
edit on 9-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So Canada has a gun problem because Canadian criminals come to America to steal guns, and bring them back to Canada? And that's America's fault how?

That's like if your child got caught stealing candy, you blame the candy store. WTF?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zayonara

This is what I think about widespread weapons proliferation.

Let the rural farm folks keep their weapons. All of them.

Ban tactical weapons from cities. Period.

It's not the farmers. I know that. They're not the problem here. It's inner city punks who give honest gun owners a bad name. Problem is there are to many inner city terrorists with too many tactical weapons.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Let the rural farm folks keep their weapons. All of them.

Ban tactical weapons from cities. Period.

It's not the farmers. I know that. They're not the problem here. It's inner city punks who give honest gun owners a bad name. Problem is there are to many inner city terrorists with too many tactical weapons.

You are starting to touch at the heart of the matter now. The problem is humanity. There have always been bad people. That is not a new thing, not something that is going to change. However, in all of human history, America is something new and different. Some men got together and decided to found a whole nation around the idea of freedom, and the recognition of inherit rights of man.

The American cause is one that is supposed to always march towards freedom, when ever there is uncertainty we are to err on the side of liberty. With such freedom comes tremendous responsibility. However, just because mankind decides to get lazy or irresponsible, we don't codify restricts on or the removal of liberty.

The way freedom works, everyone is supposed to be free to do as they please so far as they do not infringe on the liberty of another. The mere possession or manufacture of a weapon of any kind, does not infringe on the rights of anyone else. If someone chooses to use such a tool to infringe on another's liberty, then you deal with the violation only with the person who has crossed the bounds of freedom. You don't go taking away the freedom of others.

Humanity has lost its morality and responsibility. For multiple generations now, we have handed down ease and comfort to children who do not know suffering and want. We have coddled and falsely bolstered their egos. We have made morality relative and diminished the value of the roles religion and spirituality play in society. What we are left with are the current generations of man, unable to handle the responsibilities of technology and liberty, and no moral compass to help grow and advance mankind.

If mankind is due to fall because of that, so be it. As an American who recognizes the value and consequences of liberty, I cannot and will not sacrifice such an important principle and concept for comfort or the illusion of security. We should not change the circumstance to fit mankind at the moment. Mankind must change to continue advancing as a species.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
So Canada has a gun problem because Canadian criminals come to America to steal guns, and bring them back to Canada? And that's America's fault how?

That's like if your child got caught stealing candy, you blame the candy store. WTF?
No, it's more like you blame the South and Central Americans who are complicit in smuggling drugs into your country. With that out of the way, we are really talking apples and oranges here. Canada certainly has a tradition of hunting weapons, but we do not live in a gun culture like yours. It's hard for us to fathom. Americans equate guns with freedom. OK.

That freedom is not without consequences, as recent events have tragically shown. You need to decide how to fix that...not because some foreigner arrogantly throws down some challenge in a web forum, but for the sake of the society you hold so dear. Banning guns is obviously a non-stater. Is there middle ground that won't compromise your rights?

That is the debate that ought to occur, cuz sumpin's broken as is. And I say that as one who regards Americans as friends, in spite of that nasty business of torching your White House. Sorry about that, eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well said, Wolf. That's the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join