It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control in America. YES!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

The 1917 Constitution written after Mexico’s bloody revolution, for example, says that the right to carry arms excludes those weapons forbidden by law or reserved for use by the military, and it also states that “they may not carry arms within inhabited places without complying with police regulations.”

The government added more specific limits after the uprisings in the 1960s, when students looted gun stores in Mexico City. So under current law, typical customers like Rafael Vargas, 43, a businessman from Morelos who said he was buying a pistol “to make sure I sleep better,” must wait months for approval and keep his gun at home at all times.

His purchase options are also limited: the largest weapons in Mexico’s single gun store — including semiautomatic rifles like the one used in the Aurora attack — can be bought only by members of the police or the military. Handgun permits for home protection allow only for the purchase of calibers no greater than .38, so the most exotic option in the pistol case here consisted of a Smith & Wesson revolver selling for $803.05.

Source

Sure, many of the people do still get guns for their homes for protection from criminals, but they have to do so illegally. The government has essentially made a whole new class of criminals, and put others at the mercy of true violent criminals.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's not necessarily about "legal" guns. Its about guns. period. Guns are guns. Mexico has lots! lots and lots and lots 'o guns. Waaay to many guns! Guns are not the answer. And if I were so wrong, then why is there even a debate about it?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Your concern is noted. But your opinion is invalid.
Mind your own business.
I do believe the OP is saying that your slipshod gun market is making it our business.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Guns are not the answer.

They are if the question is "why are your panties in a bunch".

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Guns are not the answer.

hahahahhaha! nice work

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Guns are not the answer.

hahahahhaha! nice work

Just curious, who do they think are buying all the guns being shipped up from the states? Do you have gang problems or organized crime problems in your bigger cities?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
American guns, Canadian deaths

“Specifically with handguns and automatic weapons, it's generally coming from the U.S. or offshore,” said Const. Ian MacDonald with the Abbotsford Police Department. “They aren't from within Canada.

Keep your guns out of our damn country. Just because Americans are a bunch of pussies who pull out guns at every little sound, doesn't mean everybody else is.

Your country needs gun control, the more guns you have the more their bound to get stolen and make it into our country. Our country is a helluva lot better than yours and the majority of us do not want it to turn into America.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Guns are not the answer.

hahahahhaha! nice work

Just curious, who do they think are buying all the guns being shipped up from the states? Do you have gang problems or organized crime problems in your bigger cities?

Yes we do have some problems, as do all large cities.
The thing is, American guns are everywhere in the world.
It's time for the world to tell you to put a fricken lid on your American guns. just sayin : )
edit on 9-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I don't think so bud. Maybe it's your canuck criminals that are buying guns illegally from our gun market that is your problem.
edit on 9-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I don't think so bud. Maybe it's your canuck criminals that are buying guns illegally from our gun market that is your problem.

Your gun market makes the world an unsafe place to be, period. How many of those Mexican weapons were made in the USA??
Pretty much all of them?? lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Are you an idiot...that is the point. The criminals are getting guns their weapons from your country, which is the problem.

We will get rid of our guns when you get rid of your filthy criminals.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I am an idiot? I would like to point out first that I will destroy you in any argument you can conceive of and have done so many times. So I would chill on your hissy fit.

Second, why is it our problem if CANADIAN criminals are buying guns. I drove into Canada a few years back and Canadian customs didn't do anything, however American customs did a fairly thorough search.

So if anything it's your problem. In the US we can own guns, we can buy guns, and we can sell guns. If the person is Canadian and they know they can't take it back to their country (even if it's a US citizen) that is a Canadian problem. It's their job to stop their criminals.

No matter what the laws are there will always be criminals. The law abiding majority shouldn't give up our rights because of a minority of criminals. Also, I would assume many of those Canadians are only criminals because of the gun, not because of any crime intended with it, again, their government took their right and then charged them for owning a weapon they wanted.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your gun market makes the world an unsafe place to be, period. How many of those Mexican weapons were made in the USA??
Pretty much all of them?? lol

You seem to have trouble seeing the forest through the trees. The problem isn't the gun freedoms in America spilling over into other countries. It is criminals exploiting the oppression and lack of freedom in those countries.

This is what happens with all gun crime. When some nut job or criminal wants to steal or kill, they specifically look for easy targets and go where they will encounter little to no resistance.

You want to limit crime in Canada or Mexico, start by giving the people the right and freedom to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Are you an idiot...that is the point. The criminals are getting guns their weapons from your country, which is the problem.

How about you have some type of gun control that would keep them out of their hands. More guns is just an idiotic thing..it just means criminals will have more weapons to steal.

Gun advocates are either dumb or are just turning a blind eye to this problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Dumb argument.

This whole concept is completely ignorant.
We should adjust OUR rights to be considerate to ANOTHER COUNTRY.
LOL.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How about you have some type of gun control that would keep them out of their hands. More guns is just an idiotic thing..it just means criminals will have more weapons to steal.

Gun advocates are either dumb or are just turning a blind eye to this problem.

Lol, wow. We do have gun control. Do you? I guess you don't since criminals are getting them. You must not have drug control either since people still get drugs. You guys really need to tighten things up around there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I am an idiot? I would like to point out first that I will destroy you in any argument you can conceive of and have done so many times. So I would chill on your hissy fit.

Actually you can't..parroting gun advocate or right wing sites is not an actual argument. It is not a hissy fit...if it's true..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

They rather buy and smuggle to Canada where they can make money. Of course many would be against that. Its a form of business.

They smugglers are not gangs or anything, but normal "law abiding" citizen looking to make quick cash.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Secure your borders and ask that America enforce its gun control laws on the books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join