It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Warns of 2nd American Revolution if Obama Bans Guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
People, I love you anyway... But, your government...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

According to Joe Biden it will be next week - he is not even waiting for the inauguration.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Biden stated "options" will be presented this coming Tuesday ... add a few days to review them and draft an EO ... then announcement is all that is left. hint: inauguration is the following Monday.

do i see the worst happening ? no not yet, and not in this current climate.
it will evolve similar to 94 ... ppl will calm down and then they'll realize what ELSE went through while they were milling about in a fog of anger.

did you know Obama quietly signed approval for him and Bush Jr to have 'lifetime' secret service protection ?? or the recent raises for Congress ??

ETA --> in case anyone responds with 'prove it' ... here ya go

security
As it stands now, the measure affects only two presidents -- Obama and predecessor George W. Bush.

and ...

raises
President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.
and what's worse, these acts do not represent the original intent of Executive Orders.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There should have been a revolution when the Patriot Act was passed.

Sadly I fear that there never will be a revolution.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Guns is the pet gadget for most Americans that not yet have out-grown their "Cowboy" age.
Come on, we live in the 21st century, not in the 16th, so you need protection against what, the red-skins or so??

So in love with your guns eh... only macho's behavior. You feel safer... you could protect yourself?
All well trained eh... the fastest drawer eh... you really need an assault rifle to defend yourself, your family... right !! Better also have couple of grenades or if you could get it, a mini neutron bomb that would really of help...as long as your neighbor doesn't have one yet ....!!

The most "advanced" nation in the world, with so many primitive thinkers.... Sorry I have to laugh about it !!
Some feel sick, dying of the thought they may perhaps asked to become civilized, and turn it their guns. They can't see what is really important in live ... It certainly is not love for their brother sisters here on earth.

Talking about another civil war over maintaining the right to carry arms.... Silly poor souls...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by longstalker

Sorry dude, I love Americans, I love everyone and apologise if I've come over as a hater of any kind.

I just think guns need to go, we have licensed gun clubs in our country, you just have to go through a lot of checks to get one. Maybe that could work?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
If you were to take a poll of all Americans, you would find that about 96% of them have never been shot

So we all turn a blind eye to classrooms getting shot up cause it doesn't happen to most people?

How would you feel if it was your kids?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
why don't you go and shove a crumpet in your mouth, and drown in some tea. there surely is plenty of time for you to go buy a toothbrush and fix your mouth

Next time me eating crumpets with my bad teeth and downing tea kills a classroom/cinema full of kids, you might actually have a point.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why oh why did he have to go on Alex Jones.
Dr. Paul, you are better then that.

But, I do have a fear that he is correct.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

why don't you go and shove a crumpet in your mouth, and drown in some tea. there surely is plenty of time for you to go buy a toothbrush and fix your mouth

Next time me eating crumpets with my bad teeth and downing tea kills a classroom/cinema full of kids, you might actually have a point.

i think you missed the major point buddy. that was my pot shot on you , just like you sweepingly called all americans beer gussling, gun toating, murdering scumbags.

the point was, you dont have an opinion in this, cause your government already took your guns away. you all rolled over like cowards. stay out of it.
edit on 11-1-2013 by wondermost because: misspelling

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

i think you missed the major point buddy. that was my pot shot on you , just like you sweepingly called all americans beer gussling, gun toating, murdering scumbags.

the point was, you dont have an opinion in this, cause your government already took your guns away. you all rolled over like cowards. stay out of it.

You've misunderstand my point then.

I didn't at any point sweepingly call all Americans beer guzzling, gun toting, murdering scum bags. I love Americans, you invented the Jimi Hendrix & hamburgers, what's not to love?

We didn't 'roll over like cowards' either, we just sat down like responsible adults and decided it probably wasn't wise to let people who can't spell 'guzzling' and 'toting' anywhere near firearms.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Clearly you don't understand human psychology. As soon as you get labeled a terrorist and a propaganda campaign goes against you.... they are going to have no problem killing you.

Just look at every other country that waged war against itself.

All it took for America was to label "Union" and "Confederate" for Americans to engage in a slaughter against one another.

Study history bro.....

If American soldiers can do horrible things to Iraqis and Afghanis, they'll do it to you too the moment you get labeled something other than them.... in a heart beat.

Keep living in a fantasy of bliss tho... No clue why anyone would think a mercenary wouldn't kill them if ordered to.

edit on 11-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Um, you have no clue what you're talking about. The ban had to do with certain semi-automatic guns.....not machine guns.

The Act created a flowchart for classifying 'assault weapons' and subjected firearms that met that classification to regulation. Nineteen models of firearms were defined by name as being 'assault weapons' regardless of how many features they had. Various semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns were classified as 'assault weapons' due to having various combinations of features.

The Act addressed only semi-automatic firearms, that is, firearms that fire one shot each time the trigger is pulled. Neither the AWB nor its expiration changed the legal status of fully automatic firearms, which fire more than one round with a single trigger-pull; these have been regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

The Act also defined and banned 'large capacity ammunition feeding devices', which generally applied to magazines or other ammunition feeding devices with capacities of greater than a certain number of rounds, and that up to the time of the Act were considered normal or factory magazines. Media and popular culture referred to these as 'high capacity magazines or feeding devices'. Depending on the locality and type of firearm, the cutoff between a 'normal' capacity and 'high' capacity magazine was 3, 7, 10, 12, 15, or 20 rounds. The now defunct federal ban set the limit at 10 rounds.

During the period when the AWB was in effect, it was illegal to manufacture any firearm that met the law's flowchart of an assault weapon or large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for export or for sale to a government or law enforcement agency. The law also banned possession of illegally imported or manufactured firearms, but did not ban possession or sale of pre-existing 'assault weapons' or previously factory standard magazines that were legally redefined as large capacity ammunition feeding devices. This provision for pre-ban firearms created higher prices in the market for such items, which still exist due to several states adopting their own assault weapons ban.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I have just (Jan. 11, 2013) created a White House petition pleading with the President to not use Executive Orders to enact any gun control legislation, as it will result in an insurrection. It needs to get 150 signatures to get posted on their site. Please sign it and pass it on. It started out longer, but it’s as long as the gov’s website allows… Here’s the link – wh.gov...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

No you just have a narrow knowledge of the subject. the first ban on actual automatic assault weapons was in 1934, which didnt ban ownership all it did was jack prices up a little and require federal permission to own auto guns.
And for the record that "ban" 1994 didn't make it illegal to own,sell,buy or use the listed weapons it prevented new weapons form being built for 10 years.
But at the end of the day it doesn't really matter does it? I still have all my beautiful guns. And there is nothing you can do about it.
Thanks for playing toots.

I have no clue
cute
edit on 11-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Why are you repeating what I just said in my last post?

I still have all my beautiful guns. And there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm not anti gun ownership so I don't care. Try again.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No one flipped because nothing was banned in 1994. All respectable gun owners know the general public doesn't really need unregulated machine guns
edit on 11-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by Raelsatu
In-case you haven't noticed, the world is still in turmoil. Wars still rage, psychopaths & tyrants still rule, criminals abound.

You aren't stopping that, you don't even care, you just want the right to get drunk and # up people's lives.

just who were you referring to in this statement? you just love americans enough to convince us that we should give up all of our firearms, and become one with brittain again.... give me a break, you bleeding heart liberal.
edit on 12-1-2013 by wondermost because: no reason

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No one flipped because nothing was banned in 1994

It banned the manufacturing and sale of new "assault" weapons.........

All respectable gun owners know the general public doesn't really need unregulated machine guns

Same thing could be said about semi-autos.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

here ya go, fixed that for ya ...

It banned the manufacturing and sale of specific "assault" weapons

the general public really doesn't need alcohol, cars, factories, pharmaceuticals, drug dealers or corporations either, yet, we're stuck with them, aren't we ?

funny thing though, since the government agents have unregulated machine guns, then so should we (those who choose to anyway)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join