It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Warns of 2nd American Revolution if Obama Bans Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

My god..
Seriously, now I understand why you people submitted to your governments. I seriously wonder how America is portrayed in other countries. In my entire life I have only known three people to shoot someone.

Two were break ins. In one of those the person that shot the intruder was tied to a chair while they searched his house. He got out, got a gun and shot one of the intruders.

The third was a friend of my friend. They were out riding around and a guy at a gas station attacked them with a knife. When he charged yelling "shoot me, shoot me (as he already had a gun on him)" my friends friend shot him. They found the knife under his body.

America isn't the wild west, if you visit here you probably won't even see a gun that isn't on a cops hip. I maybe see two people open carrying a year.

Most guns are safely tucked away out of consideration for people like yourself who get scared of them so easily.

If you disagree with Ron on this topic, then you disagree with Ron on everything he has ever said.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Other country are jealous cause they gave up there rights

When it comes down to it

Just like all the other (crisis)

nothing will happen

Wet dreams of global order will not come

And all other country will still be jealous of US

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Beavers

Seriously, now I understand why you people submitted to your governments.

Your country is ruled by the same watchful eye as mine.

You've had guns all this time and never, ever, EVER once tried to fight back with them since the day you won the right to pretend you govern yourselves.

You just keep killing each other, like Neanderthals.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Oh beaver you silly little creature you forget that the American way is civil debate and exhaustion of all other civil avenues before death and destruction. If one has to defend his freedom through force than it's a heavy burden he must bare and one not to be taken lightly. Though some of my country men kill one another I would bet some in yours do the same. You must understand we don't get only the best of the best people here but rather all from good to evil and how they choose to handle their altercation does not make un evolved primordial man apes but a diverse conglomerate of different cultures that from time to time clash.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Guns remain a dormant defense. Yeah I agree we have lost a lot of rights and things aren't getting much better, but as long as we can defend ourselves there is a line that is drawn that the government can't cross unless they can manipulate people into giving up their arms.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Common gun nut tactic.

"I'm smarter then you, moar awake, and special. Did ya know Hitler took way guns?".

You guys have special snowflake syndrome. But guess what...you're all the same. You parrot talking points from right wing think tanks and the NRA. You are some of the most easily manipulated and controlled group of people in the political audience. All they have to do is run some fear inducing gun grab propaganda and you sprint to the store to buy more guns,...like they want you to.

I can see it in all your and your "anti" cohorts post lately...

You guys are scared as hell now and are backed into a corner and don't know what to do. You have opened this can of worms and didn't know when to shut your mouths and sit down.

now there is a good chance this whole subject could end up in violence before it's over and maybe even another revolution or civil war.

If and when such a conclusion is arrived at because you and your like pushed this issue...

Your going to be on the losing side.

Just like a young punk who has a big mouth and nothing to back it up you guys are
"letting your mouths write a check your butts can't cash"

When the SHTF and the line is drawn, I wouldn't want to be on your side of the line.

If your not getting scared yet your as stupid as the people in Washington who think this is all a big game.

I see dark times for the future of America......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Beavers

Seriously, now I understand why you people submitted to your governments.

Your country is ruled by the same watchful eye as mine.

You've had guns all this time and never, ever, EVER once tried to fight back with them since the day you won the right to pretend you govern yourselves.

You just keep killing each other, like Neanderthals.

yeah i know, it's been awhile since I've killed myself, bout overdue now i . its tough being a neanderthal!
edit on 9-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

you are pro-people control
admit it, cmon....it's really an "indoorsey" person that doesn't get guns...get outdoors more....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Gawd this is pathetic...no revolution for the starving and other more important problems in America, threaten to take guns...bam..threat of revolution.

Americans and their priorities are in need of some serious help.

Revolution for the starving? I see a lot of street walker, and the only ones that might be starving, are the ones who trade their EBT cards for more drugs and booze.

What other important problems do we have? The Federal Reserve, but gun control is more than guns, it's about our liberty. Our right to protect ourselves from all threats.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

you're confused....over here in U.S. land....we take care of business.....be like us, my friend....REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM of the lies.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Nope. I'm not anti-gun ownership at all. I'm just not a fanatic threatening a civil war in a what-if situation. Fact is, the country already had a Assault weapon ban and nothing happened. Nor did America end.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I don't often disagree with Ron, but ban guns.

In my country we argue and fight, people get bruises and calm down.

In America, people argue, shoot each other and everyone around them has their lives ruined.

#ing evolve, the wild west is over.

So your argument is that it's not the wild west, and that in America everyone gets mad and shoots each-other. Real logical aren't you? Evolve? In-case you haven't noticed, the world is still in turmoil. Wars still rage, psychopaths & tyrants still rule, criminals abound. Your vision for a gun-free society will work once we approach utopian standards. That means no need to fear being robbed or raped, free information flow & complete transparency that disallows for any sort of governmental tyranny, as well as avenues for people to satiate their hunting desire (realistic VR).

Instead you'd rather punish all responsible gun owners (the majority) by taking away their guns, giving free reign to criminals. If you think "ban guns" is the answer, you might just be insane. I wouldn't even consider it until we reach that utopian-level. Until then people should be allowed to defend themselves by ANY means.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't often disagree with Ron, but ban guns.

In my country we argue and fight, people get bruises and calm down.

Riiiiiight thats the furthest things go wherever your from.

its amusing t see how many people see their respective countries through rose coloured glasses

edit on 10-1-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i dont even give a crap what he has to say anymore, what a let down he was.

he can warn us all he wants, when it happens, its his fault for letting us have this $%^& president we have now bush 3

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

reply to post by oniraug

yeah. the first time they took em away did we have the NDAA as you said it?

And the relevance? They still "banned" guns...which should have had all of you in a rage. But you guys did nothing....nothing at all. You all like to fantasize about being some George Washington type...but you just don't have the balls. That's all it comes down to.

You should have started a revolution with the patriot act....right. But no, once again, you all didn't. Same with the NDAA.

Good luck fighting the US military tho. You'll probably last a few weeks before they drone strike you and block off all roads, leading you to starve to death. Guns didn't help Waco......

Ah. Yes, I should have been furious about this since I was 6 years old at the time. I don't own guns but believe sane people should be able to, don't want to fight anyone. Where did I say I wanted to fight the US military? I have friends and family in it and honestly hate the idea of a civil war, it's pointless. But you try to make me look dumb with obvious comments and continue to lols at your fellow countrymen for finally getting mad that they are being stripped of all their rights one by one when it also includes you, don't forget.

Also, why does it matter when people have finally had enough? Guns are hard to get in lots of states. Don't be telling anyone when they should have started a revolution either, it sounds like you actually wanted it to happen. Whats your agenda

edit on 10-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

reply to post by oniraug

yeah. the first time they took em away did we have the NDAA as you said it?

And the relevance? They still "banned" guns...which should have had all of you in a rage. But you guys did nothing....nothing at all. You all like to fantasize about being some George Washington type...but you just don't have the balls. That's all it comes down to.

You should have started a revolution with the patriot act....right. But no, once again, you all didn't. Same with the NDAA.

Good luck fighting the US military tho. You'll probably last a few weeks before they drone strike you and block off all roads, leading you to starve to death. Guns didn't help Waco......

painful truths you have stated there which i don't think anyone can deny. Its real easy to call people cowards when you yourself have no cause? where is your line? What are you willing to die for? Please spare us the internet military credentials or inner city life story about keeping it real. When it does happen I doubt you will raise a finger to help and would watch as your fellow Americans get slaughtered by the hundreds or thousands. Maybe I'm wrong about you but with that defeatist attitude you have I think I have you pegged.

Also your version of the civil war let me guess is all about slavery right? The issues that haunt us to this day are the direct result of that war. A war in which a massive wave of Irish immigrants had be used as cannon fodder for a federal government that wanted to supersede the states right to enact its own laws and only by using these newly made immigrant soldiers was the federal government able to win the war against its own people. The federal government used the people "yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me" as weapons these people had two choices die of starvation or die fighting in a war they knew nothing about. I have heard too many people say bad things about the rebel army watched as society viewed their flag like the nazis and watched the propaganda movies aimed at painting them as all slave owners and racist but I have done enough of my own reading to understand what they had been fighting for
edit on 10-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

"American civil war" nice try Beavers

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

What are you willing to die for?

My family

Please spare us the internet military credentials or inner city life story about keeping it real.

lol?

When it does happen I doubt you will raise a finger to help and would watch as your fellow Americans get slaughtered by the hundreds or thousands

Yup, because this is really going to happen anytime soon.

Also your version of the civil war let me guess is all about slavery right?

Still stuck in the 1800's? The war is over.... the South lost and will never rise again, it's about time to get over it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

Where did I say I wanted to fight the US military?

Well the premise of this thread is that a 2nd American Revolution would happen if Obama banned guns. The person gun nuts would be fighting would be the US Military.

Guns are hard to get in lots of states.

They really aren't. Most states guns are super easy to get...seeing as most states have absolutely NO background check requirements on PRIVATE sales.

Don't be telling anyone when they should have started a revolution either, it sounds like you actually wanted it to happen. Whats your agenda

Definitely COINTELPRO here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
But the whole thing is, if right wing media didn't get you all so riled up and implement ideas of starting a was in your guy's heads...80% of you wouldn't be this mad.... because literally an assault weapon ban happened before and there were 0 mass uprisings after the bill passed.

They're playing you.................realize.

edit on 10-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join