It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best designer? Sexiest plane?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Reading all of this makes me wonder. Who is the best aircraft designer of the day? What is the sexiest plane ever built?

I would have to say Burt Rutan at Scaled Composites for incredible aircraft/spacecraft. Kelly Johnson at Skunk Works was probably the most brilliant.

Plane wise the P-51 Mustang has got to be the prettiest bird flying.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Burt Rutan, absolutely. Kelly Johnson, pretty cool. I vote for Sidney Camm of Hawker.

Sexiest 'plane? Easy. Reginald Mitchell's last design. Supermarine Spitfire.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
OMG are you guys blind ????

The Su-32 is by faaaaaaaaaaar the sexiest plane around

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Reginal Mitchell or the wright brothers for simply giving the world their dream

Sexiest plane,Jeeez thats tough,cant name just 1 so.........

Spitfire,Mosquito,mustang,p 38,vulcan,lightning,jaguar ooooo,im in heaven,i could go on and on and on and on.

I love vintage and classic aircraft but i have to admit that SU 32 is pretty gorgeous Kenshin!

Regards.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
HELLY YEAH the colour scheme is wikid as, And the plane itself is just as good.

Some really nice pics if you do a good search for it

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yep they all look good. There is nothing so distinctive as the sound of a Mustangs Rolls Royce Merlin engine. Gotta love it!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Elliptical wings, Rolls Royce Merlin, then Griffon. Can't beat that. Anything can reheat its arse, only three fighters were pulled around by the nose by their Merlins and two of those won the Battle of Britain!

Nastiest ever? Typhoon 1!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
im going to go for the dassault rafale. its got great lines, nice and curved. looks well sexier than the eurofighter, raptor e.t.c.....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
For all you merlin lovers,click this link and then select the" p51 fly by" top right of screen-awesome on full volume!

www.thirdreich.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

On November 2, 1947, Howard Hughes and a small engineering crew fired up the R-4360s for taxi tests and thrilled thousands of on-lookers with an unannounced flight. With Howard Hughes at the controls, the Flying Boat lifted 70 feet off the water, and flew one mile in less than a minute at a top speed of 80 miles per hour before making a perfect landing.

The "spruce goose",i think this deserves a mention-nothing seemed out of reach to mr Hughes.

homepages.tesco.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well:

Prop = Supermarine Spitfire.

Jet = F4 Phantom

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Has to be the Vulcan and its designers. Anyone who in the 50's could make a heavy bomber with the performance of a fighter gets my vote.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
Has to be the Vulcan and its designers. Anyone who in the 50's could make a heavy bomber with the performance of a fighter gets my vote.

Any of the 3 V bombers would get my vote.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
well sexy american planes are few and far between, i find most US planes uninspiring (bar sr-71 and f-104).

I would have to give sexiest plane to the su-30mk and the best designers to Sukhoi OKB.

Rafale is a noteworthy mentioned, highly underrated and looks absolutely awesome, reminds me personally of a shark. Also noteworthy of mention is the Avro Arrow, Il-76 as best looking transporter and the mi-28 as the sexiest helicopter(i know what you're gonna think about this one and it took me a while to think it, it grew on me).

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The SU-32 is definitely a cool design, and it has to be one of my faves too.
Other's would be:

The YF-23, the SR-71 and Rutan's Space Ship one mothercraft.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Best Designers : Sukhoi OKB

most sexy plane: SR-71
That Plane is just a great looking

Wolve

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have two for this! I say they both deserve recognition.

Best Designers: John K (Jack) Northrop

and Kelly Johnson

The two above men revolutionized aerospace technolgy with their inovative ideas.

Best looking Plane: I think this is a really close call between the A-12/SR-71 Blackbird and the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would have to say the Vulcan bomber

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A couple of vulcan images for you!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The best site for vulcan pictures

www.avrovulcan.org.uk...

If as a child you had grown up practically at the end of RAF Scapton runway, you would never look at another plane. I remember seeing 3 Coming straight over my head doing low altitudude training, my ears have never recovered (was back when they could still do it anywhere)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join