Mars Anomalies - Bird, Greenery & Translucent Body

page: 3
3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
edit on 9-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Put it this way. Arken, (a member here) put up a thread about a crocodile's fossilised head on Mars, principally because it resembled a crocodile's head in its form, AKA a crocodile's head. The consensus was that it was a rock. Now this is what a fossil can be like, and this is a croc head fossil,




No need to know what it looks like, but I'll say it, it looks exactly like a rock. So that's what you are up against, and Arken's picture was more crocky looking than this one.
edit on 9-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   


Interesting points. One flaw is that you can't see any sources to give off the shadow (i looked) so unless there's something casting the shadow from the sky... Oh in that case what would cast the shadow of a bird from the sky? A bird? That's my reflex to the shadow argument on that photo. No source for shadow from any of the rocks nearby.The old woman you reference has a source, easy to find in the room. This "shadow" does not.
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Robby...Robby.... Robby ....you can't see the light source of the shadows?......really?

Try pointing a camera at the ground to observe a shadow....can you see the source of the shadow?....the source of the shadow is the sun!......you can't see behind the camera so you can't see what is casting the shadow!

It's amazing that you work with cameras and you appear to be struggling with the concept of shadow source?




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No wonder music videos are so bad now if somebody with your eyesight is directing them!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
No wonder music videos are so bad now if somebody with your eyesight is directing them!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)


The responses to this thread, like the one above, seem to be over the top for, remember, ah, welcoming a new member. Long time lurker, new member. The first thing to say is "Welcome" and then comment that they are rocks (like one poster, I enjoy looking at any Mars pic, they're on Mars! It's like a guy with a constantly running video camera is walking around on Mars, and for some of us this alone is enough to enjoy immensely.). I consider myself new here myself, as I don't really hang out with anyone in particular on the site. But here we have a brand new, fresh as a newly minted penny, member who just wanted to share something with the community, and lots of people have jumped on his like an animal or beached whale ("Cut me off a piece from the flank") or something.

He seems to be taking it all in stride though. So let me add in - they're just rocks! But I still enjoy looking at them.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Great job Robby! Someone has to hold NASA's feet to the fire. I like the bird one make me go hmmmm.
What I find really interesting are the rocks themselves, they look like they are composed of limestone which is made of coral and other sea life.......at least on earth!
love the Martian stuff, it is only a matter of time.
brice



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seriously, the mods need to do something about these threads...


They're more than embarrassing. Further more, they don't belong in this forum, these should be posted to the HOAX bin outright.





I don't know what the agenda is with all of these, but it's clearly not getting across.


***ETA*** Not trying to flame anyone, as I love looking at pictures of Mars just like everyone. But, making outlandish claims about rocks BEING something that they are not...is something else.
edit on 9-1-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Sorry brother, but those look like regular old rocks to me. Are these the only photos of these "anomalies"? I have a sincere interest in possible ancient civilizations on Mars, but this isn't even close to any kind of proof.
edit on 10-1-2013 by CMJ23 because: I added to a sentence.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Great thread,I love looking for anomalies in space I especially like that really smooth ball thing you found.

Here's a website you may enjoy.its packed full of high definition pics of the whole of mars.some of them have never been seen bye people before,they've just been left on some hard drive in America somewhere.now there asking people too spot anomalies for them.

planetfour.org...#/about

Happy searching!



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll



Interesting points. One flaw is that you can't see any sources to give off the shadow (i looked) so unless there's something casting the shadow from the sky... Oh in that case what would cast the shadow of a bird from the sky? A bird? That's my reflex to the shadow argument on that photo. No source for shadow from any of the rocks nearby.The old woman you reference has a source, easy to find in the room. This "shadow" does not.
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Robby...Robby.... Robby ....you can't see the light source of the shadows?......really?

Try pointing a camera at the ground to observe a shadow....can you see the source of the shadow?....the source of the shadow is the sun!......you can't see behind the camera so you can't see what is casting the shadow!

It's amazing that you work with cameras and you appear to be struggling with the concept of shadow source?





Not going to engage someone who doesn't understand this... Light hits a source that creates the shadow, You can't see any source. With the depth of darkness in that shadow it has to be an object really close to it, it can't be far away especially in that hard of light to create a shadow. I think w/ a few best video of the year awards i learned something about shadows and light along the way... Your example of camera to ground is remarkably different, camera is DOWN in that position. In these photos it's horizontally placed, anything casting a shadow at that depth should be seen.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
No wonder music videos are so bad now if somebody with your eyesight is directing them!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)


Sad cynical hateful people don't make the world a better place. Music videos are the best they ever have been.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
Great job Robby! Someone has to hold NASA's feet to the fire. I like the bird one make me go hmmmm.
What I find really interesting are the rocks themselves, they look like they are composed of limestone which is made of coral and other sea life.......at least on earth!
love the Martian stuff, it is only a matter of time.
brice


See Brice you're getting it. The rocks don't appear to be lifeless, they at the very least show signs there WAS life but I vote for IS life. The green hues are so obviously desaturated from the original photo the rover sent back. You can see the traces of some kind of coral, algae or plant life there.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Seriously, the mods need to do something about these threads...


They're more than embarrassing. Further more, they don't belong in this forum, these should be posted to the HOAX bin outright.





I don't know what the agenda is with all of these, but it's clearly not getting across.


***ETA*** Not trying to flame anyone, as I love looking at pictures of Mars just like everyone. But, making outlandish claims about rocks BEING something that they are not...is something else.
edit on 9-1-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)


There's obviously people who DO think it is something so just because your opinion doesn't jive doesn't mean it's a hoax. Your opinion isn't infallible and neither is ours but for the people who see something just don't comment next time if it bothers you so much. There's a lot of analogies for this kind of hypocrisy but i'll restrain myself.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom221211
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.


Dom i'll help you. Send the photos to my email robbystarbuck@gmail.com - if they're good i'll post and credit you as source.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CMJ23
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Sorry brother, but those look like regular old rocks to me. Are these the only photos of these "anomalies"? I have a sincere interest in possible ancient civilizations on Mars, but this isn't even close to any kind of proof.
edit on 10-1-2013 by CMJ23 because: I added to a sentence.


There's a lot more, some great ones. My favorite is the squirrel/rabbit animal on Mars. It's clear as day. Someone posted it on page 2 in the thread here I think but search online there's some spectacular anomalies people have found.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
sry if this is in the wrong place. i cant start this thread yet so i need your help. i have multiple photos from curiosity FROM NASA.GOV showing mutiple "ufos" unidentified flying objects flying above the mountains on mars . i also have actual real photographs of non natural formations in the mountains im talking huge 300 meter perfect rectangles carved in the mountains on mars. this is not a hoax please respond to help me post this thread as soon as i get 20 responds i will post the photos.



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greasyphil420
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Great thread,I love looking for anomalies in space I especially like that really smooth ball thing you found.

Here's a website you may enjoy.its packed full of high definition pics of the whole of mars.some of them have never been seen bye people before,they've just been left on some hard drive in America somewhere.now there asking people too spot anomalies for them.

planetfour.org...#/about

Happy searching!


Thanks!



posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Lol I'm very intrigued by anomalies on mars, but this one is just - Lol.

I never understood why people say they found a "bird", "snail", etc... If Mars does currently have complex organisms why would you think that an Earth bird would be on Mars? That makes no sense, that's like saying every planet that is capable of supporting life will have earth creatures.

In terms of supporting life, it pisses me off that NASA acts as if our model for life is the only possible way life can exist. Maybe there's a Jupiter sized planet out there that rains sulfuric acid and the creatures are some form of neoprene/plastic exoskeleton with innards that consist of a liquid?





new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join