Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mars Anomalies - Bird, Greenery & Translucent Body

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Did somebody say greenery???

Probly explains this thread


That was funny, i'll give you that.




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


..this is the sweetest post i ve read in a while

thanks



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


..this is the sweetest post i ve read in a while

thanks


aiming to please



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have to say mate that this time its shadows and the way the light is coming through the filters and hitting the landscape.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nice photos but it looks to be rocks.

If there was any life on the service we would see it clearly I think!



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 





I'd like you to explain the all black shape on that rock.... Can you? Beak on far right, two thin black lines under the body (legs), tail formation on fair left.


Think about it logically for a moment.......we absolutely know that shadows exist and can, given the right lighting conditions, and suitable solid objects.....like rocks...... form interesting shadows, ever woken up to see that old woman crouching in the corner of your bedroom only to discover on closer inspection that it's your dressing gown draped over a chair?

Conversely we have absolutely no evidence, or proof (as you seem to think these images are) of any birds living on Mars.....and the images you have posted in no way refute that.......what you are seeing is shadows and your imagination is filling in the blanks.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Can't see anything suspicious in those photos.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Welcome to this crazy forum, Robby!

As you've no doubt discovered, you get a bunch of wacko slappo comments any which way you come.

And my opinion? I think visual analysis of photography, especially by laymen, is one of the LEAST reliable paths to knowledge and truth. It gets overanalyzed way too easily. Literally anything can look like a bird or face or breasts or penis or...

The idea of "birds on Mars" is in itself implausible. That's where I would have to start. Then same for somebody lounging on a rock, perfect balls rolling along, etc. So, no, those spots do not look like a bird, a translucent body, or a perfect sphere to me.

Color rendition is also completely relative. Any tweak of the imaging signal and the photo can show purple spots or pink shades or brown shadows, etc.

I consider still imagery only one of the many interesting aspects of alien investigation. It's fun but very limited.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
Welcome to this crazy forum, Robby!

As you've no doubt discovered, you get a bunch of wacko slappo comments any which way you come.

And my opinion? I think visual analysis of photography, especially by laymen, is one of the LEAST reliable paths to knowledge and truth. It gets overanalyzed way too easily. Literally anything can look like a bird or face or breasts or penis or...

The idea of "birds on Mars" is in itself implausible. That's where I would have to start. Then same for somebody lounging on a rock, perfect balls rolling along, etc. So, no, those spots do not look like a bird, a translucent body, or a perfect sphere to me.

Color rendition is also completely relative. Any tweak of the imaging signal and the photo can show purple spots or pink shades or brown shadows, etc.

I consider still imagery only one of the many interesting aspects of alien investigation. It's fun but very limited.


Thanks for the reply. Your name is "former skeptic" so what piece or pieces of evidence changed your mind one way or the other?



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


I nearly fell off my chair whilst reading that you thought that rock looked like an 'alien grey'...

Classic example of seeing what YOU want to see.

It's rocks, all rocks...

IMO



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 





I'd like you to explain the all black shape on that rock.... Can you? Beak on far right, two thin black lines under the body (legs), tail formation on fair left.


Think about it logically for a moment.......we absolutely know that shadows exist and can, given the right lighting conditions, and suitable solid objects.....like rocks...... form interesting shadows, ever woken up to see that old woman crouching in the corner of your bedroom only to discover on closer inspection that it's your dressing gown draped over a chair?

Conversely we have absolutely no evidence, or proof (as you seem to think these images are) of any birds living on Mars.....and the images you have posted in no way refute that.......what you are seeing is shadows and your imagination is filling in the blanks.


Interesting points. One flaw is that you can't see any sources to give off the shadow (i looked) so unless there's something casting the shadow from the sky... Oh in that case what would cast the shadow of a bird from the sky? A bird? That's my reflex to the shadow argument on that photo. No source for shadow from any of the rocks nearby.The old woman you reference has a source, easy to find in the room. This "shadow" does not.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Wouldn't your time be better served helping mankind survey the skies for NEO/asteroids instead? I say this half as a joke and half, seriously.
If you like finding hidden things (as I do too) maybe you can be instrumental finding something of value! Not that potential ancient artifacts don't matter but we're pretty sure, little will ever be done about it at this juncture anyway. At least with a NEO perhaps it can be named after you and you'll leave a legacy!



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 

Look to the upper left of the bird in that one shot...it looks like a hippo...and to the left side right by the bird is some kind of face



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck


edit on 9-1-2013 by sharintexas because: double post



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
welcome to the site. I always like looking at these threads even if they are just rocks



 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think the standard for Martian animal spotting has been previously set with the squirrel and the cockatiel.



Unless they are as good as these rocks, they probably should not be posted.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbystarbuck
...
Thanks for the reply. Your name is "former skeptic" so what piece or pieces of evidence changed your mind one way or the other?

That's a common question asked of me. Of course it's not an easy or simple answer. It's all the good reports, evidence, testimonials, etc. combined over many years. The tipping point was nothing spectacular either, but a realization that I had a very cohesive theory.

My handle here alone should be very revealing — there's a lot that we simply have to BELIEVE, but it shouldn't be blind faith either. Nearly all my replies and comments explains it in some way.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I think the standard for Martian animal spotting has been previously set with the squirrel and the cockatiel.



Unless they are as good as these rocks, they probably should not be posted.


i agree this was a damning find, i was excited when it first was discovered. Did NASA ever comment on it?
What's the cockatiel reference i've never seen that?



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Originally posted by robbystarbuck
...
Thanks for the reply. Your name is "former skeptic" so what piece or pieces of evidence changed your mind one way or the other?

That's a common question asked of me. Of course it's not an easy or simple answer. It's all the good reports, evidence, testimonials, etc. combined over many years. The tipping point was nothing spectacular either, but a realization that I had a very cohesive theory.

My handle here alone should be very revealing — there's a lot that we simply have to BELIEVE, but it shouldn't be blind faith either. Nearly all my replies and comments explains it in some way.


Fair enough, I feel the same way!



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 



What's the cockatiel reference i've never seen that?


The cockatiel is the dark figure sitting on the rock at the bottom right. It looks to be wearing dark sunglasses.






top topics



 
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join