It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden suggests White House could act without Congress as part of gun control plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now if this does not make the American Patriot sick to their stomachs I don't know what will. If the President decides to use executive orders to control guns then we are in trouble. I sure hope this is stifled before it can happen but my faith in government ran out long ago. I am a second amendment supporter and I do not like that the president feels he can decide what our constitutional rights are. Who knows just how far he will go with these EOs but with the anti-gun media campaign in full swing I'm sure he will have alot of support by the blind sheep who live their lives in fear because their televisions are programming them to do so.

Source

Vice President Biden said Wednesday that the White House could use "executive orders" to deal with gun control, as he kicked off a round of meetings aimed at finding ways to curb gun violence.

The vice president met Wednesday with gun-safety and victims groups, saying he is "determined" to take "urgent action" to address gun violence.

"This is not an exercise in photo opportunities or just getting to ask you all what your opinions are. We are vitally interested in what you have to say," Biden said.

The White House has sought to avoid prejudging what Biden's recommendations would be. But the vice president hinted Wednesday that executive action -- action by the president in which Congress would not have a say -- would indeed be involved.

"There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken," Biden said, adding "we haven't decided what that is yet."

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Well...executive orders are an exercise in futility...as far as i know, it wont make my guns just up and disintegrate...

The executive order is hot air unless its enforced and that is where this whole "plan" of theirs hinges...is on the enforcement of that fallacy...

Enforcing the law is becoming increasingly more harmful than breaking it...and that is where the legitimacy of the whole system goes out the window.

If they pass a law banning guns I don't think many would obey or adhere to it.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
More psych warfare.

I'm mulling proposals to totally ignore Biden and the White House.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Tell you what...... I'll hand over each of my firearms with a smile on my face........ As soon as the president and the majority of congress hand over their resignation papers. I think its a fair deal

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join