It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moonwalking Bird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Red-capped Manakin is an attractive and vibrantly colored bird with a red cap, black body and yellow legs. It is small in stature but big in personality. The Red-capped Manakin is native to Central American countries such as Costa Rica, Belize, and Guatemala. The male bird is known for its fascinating courtship dance that is a must see! This courtship dance has been compared to Michael Jackson’s “Moonwalk” for good reason! The male bird, while courting the female, will make interesting sounds using the vibration of its wings rather than its voice, and put on an impressive show. The goal in producing these sounds and dancing is to attract the female. It is generally thought the female will choose the male with the best dance performance because a superior dance is indicative of the fittest male with quality genes to pass to offspring. Please enjoy dance performance captured in the video below. This would be a wonderful bird to see in the wild and add to your life list.

I would say a James Brown bird is more accurate
These things are awesome and this fast shutter speed video reveals their flashy quick world for better understanding and admiration. It looks like a small road runner with those legs, but man the vibrations it creates to glide are really impressive. The sound they make with their wings is pretty impressive too.
www.geekologie.com...

More Birds Of Paradise

Peace,
spec
edit on 9-1-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Superb. Never heard of this bird before. Love the video

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Watched video with "I like to move it" playing on the computer.....I highly suggest this.
It's like art imitating nature.
S&F
edit on 9-1-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lol!! That's awesome! Gonna try that down the pub next saturday night.....see if I can get me some action.....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Yea if you can pull that off without falling over, the ladies should flock your way mate

Get a vid and upload it here for kicks. Man it makes me wonder if James Brown ever saw this bird back in the day for inspiration.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Nature continues to amaze and these courting rituals amongst birds is quite entertaining! The birds of paradise are truly impressive also.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Indeed man, quite the spectacle! Thanks for the reply, and yea I have seen it with other music accompaniments and it is hilarious. I wouldl ike to see one with MC Hammer's Can't Touch This!

spec

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Now that was fun, interesting and I learned something I never knew before. L
L when the commentor said that the tree branch was like some sort of 'singles bar! Cracked me up! Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

My pleasure, glad ya duggit!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh my God, that was hysterical! What a beautiful little bird!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That was really fun to watch, a beautiful bird that can dance. Nature creates so many different things to see, so my life list would be very long.

I really enjoy reading threads like this, that are interesting and even inspiring, as sometimes in life as well as here, there is just too much gloom and doom. Thanks for all of the threads about nature that you share, they are some of my favorites here.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I busted out loud too watching it
Look out lady birds, hubba hubba!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That was too cute and hilarious.

I couldn't stop laughing once he started to dance on the branch..

Cool find.

Beautiful bird.

S+F

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

Glad you enjoyed it PB, and yea nature never ceases to amaze. You might enjoy the Birds Of Paradise link in the OP too. More Birds Of Paradise
Here is a vid I recently added to it.

Peace,
spec
edit on 9-1-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks Manhater

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Wow that's a cool video. That black dancing ballerina, so cute. One bird looked like slithered like a bug.. OMG shame we don't see these birds where I live. Totally adorable.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That one black bird is totally wild the way he dances like he's a showgirl in Las Vegas.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yea they are amazing for sure Mh, and you should see the array of courtships as well as nest decorating that these guys front up. Check that birds of paradise thread, there are more species of these wondrous birds.

edit on 9-1-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Congratulations Want-a-Be MoonWalkers!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Classic vid
-he also pops up in this video around 4:20 but the whole thing is well worth a watch is you want a good laugh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join