It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuomo calls for toughest assault weapon ban in the nation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Cuomo calls for

dailycaller.com

As the gun control debate rages, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called for the state to enact the “toughest assault weapon ban in the nation” in his State of the State address Wednesday afternoon.

The speech came just hours after Vice President Joe Biden met with gun-control groups at the White House and said that “the president is going to act” on the topic of gun control and that President Barack Obama might use “executive action” to do so. Both calls come in the wake of the massacre at Sandy...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-1-2013 by IDKWTB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
this is crazy, i looked for other threads on it but didnt find any so i thought id post it.

Looks like they really are trying to take away peoples right to the 2nd, the fact that my home state is calling for the toughest ban in the nation just freaks me out.

I hate to say it but i really think the whip is going to come cracking down sooner than later on taking away our guns... how long until they just run up into our houses and confiscate all our weapons?

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And from his speech, he's probably gonna go for 5 rounds magazines maximum and ban everything else.

The guy can't read...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED ! What the hell do statists trash like Cuomo don't understand??

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

I was watching his charade on CSPAN.....

Get this, you want to buy ammo, you will need to have a background check done! Guess the price of ammo just went up......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only way we are going to be able to stop this is with force. But everyone that has their heads on straight knows that once you do it there's no turning back. So no one will act and we will just continue getting raped. This world is just full of garbage.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I predict there will be a run on 6-12 inch and larger PVC pipe, end caps and shovels. Lots of shovels. Much digging will be heard and performed across New York I foresee. I don't even need Yoda or the force to see it.

It's prohibition Part II. Yipee.... this is gonna get wild.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It works if you use cosmoline. If you don't you will just have a rusty mess.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I was thinking water tight sealant with a few hand fulls of silica dehumidifier packets thrown in before sealing it off?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This whole debate is making me sick. Where are the school security threads? Its just sad that the tragedy in Sandy Hook sparked a gun debate rather than a school security debate. Where's the outcry for guards at schools?

What we all should have learned is that our children are vulnerable at school, and the sickos know it. Banning guns isn't going to make schools safer. The next sicko that wants to go out with a bang will, and our schools seem very attractive to these folks.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wonder if once they outright ban any assault model weapon, and the banana clips and all that, if they will take you on your word that you dont possess them in your home, or use that as an excuse to start going through your homes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Sorry, but all the school tragedy did was allow anti gun groups to do nothing but use it as a means to further their agenda. In reality they don't care about children at all, they will just use this event for political gain.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

“We need a gun policy in this state that is reasonable, that is balanced, that is measured,” Cuomo said. “We respect hunters and sportsman. This is not taking away people’s guns. I own a gun … that’s not what this is about.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

See, he owns a gun! He's just like us!

Do people really still fall for this crap?

All these idiots keep repeating the same garbage with no details or specifics. Just grand and useless gestures.
edit on 9-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

the right to bear arms isn't infringed, if they require manufacturers to only produce single shot rifles.

when the 2nd amendment was passed all they had were really muskets.

the right for you to have one isn't infringed since you can still have a gun, but it will only fire one round before reloading, you can still purchase and own one.

but the only way to be fair is it to apply to all americans, whether they are in uniform or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You are correct. When the second amendment was written, all that citizens had was single shot weapons. At the same time, however, all the police and military had was single shot weapons. The point of the second amendment is to protect the citizens from a tyrannical government. Unless the ban also applies to police and military it is most definitely infringing on our right to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Trust me the only way is to encapsulate with something that repels moisture.
Void space underground will collect moisture.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by Bone75

Sorry, but all the school tragedy did was allow anti gun groups to do nothing but use it as a means to further their agenda. In reality they don't care about children at all, they will just use this event for political gain.

That's what I'm saying. They're using it for political gain and to further polarize the nation.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by lolita64

the right to bear arms isn't infringed, if they require manufacturers to only produce single shot rifles.

when the 2nd amendment was passed all they had were really muskets.

the right for you to have one isn't infringed since you can still have a gun, but it will only fire one round before reloading, you can still purchase and own one.

but the only way to be fair is it to apply to all americans, whether they are in uniform or not.

What a load of bull. Read a history book. And then one on psychology of psychopaths. Then you might understand better the psychology of people trying to take the guns.

There's no way in hell they gonna take the guns away from the cops. Cops will get whatever they want and the peasants will get nothing.

As for your ``2nd amendment only covered muskets``, it's ridiculous. It covered the best killing machine in that time. It covered military grade weapons. It covered CANNONS not to mention SHIPS ARMED WITH CANNONS.

Or let's apply your ``time`` argument to free speech... they didn't have internet back then... so should free speech not apply to internet? Or free speech on the phone since phones didn't exist back then? Or the fourth amendment not apply to your computer? Or your phone calls? Etc...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Ah that is scary, indeed. It seems like they feel like if they do it slowly, they can succeed in stripping us of all our rights, and unfortunately, they may be correct.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Well, considering I haven't buried anything at this point, I really appreciate the info. I'd considered using grease made for the purpose but figured I wouldn't need to go that far if I used the silica to have 0 humidity. That could have been a tragic thing to learn the hard way isn't workable.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
And from his speech, he's probably gonna go for 5 rounds magazines maximum and ban everything else.

The guy can't read...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED ! What the hell do statists trash like Cuomo don't understand??

No where does it state what type of guns you are allowed to have. Nor does it state what type of guns the government are allowed to control.

Since there is nothing about either...the government can make up any damn rules they want about guns. Shall not be infringed is just a statement that you are allowed to own a weapon and the government can't stop you without an amendment. It does not say you can own any gun and does not say the government can not enforce laws on newer type of guns. Your forefathers did not foresee the damage the weapons could do today..if they did I am sure the amendment would have been changed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join