It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah town makes arming households a top priority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Fox NY.com

SPRING CITY, Utah (AP) - Officials in a small Utah town want to make sure every head of household has a firearm and knows how to use it, and they want to give school teachers training with guns too.

Spring City Councilman Neil Sorensen first proposed an ordinance requiring a gun in every household in the town of 1,000. The rest of the council scoffed at making it a requirement, but they unanimously agreed to move forward with an ordinance "recommending" the idea.

The council also approved funding to offer concealed firearms training Friday to the 20 teachers and administrators at the local elementary school.

Finally, some sane thinking. While this idea would only likely be feasible in smaller communities in the near term, it seems to work out very well for Switzerland.

The councils thinking is that criminals will think twice before committing a crime if there is a higher chance of being defended against.

"It sends a statement that criminals better think twice," Sorensen told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "If a teacher would have had a concealed weapon in Sandy Hook, I think the death loss would have been fewer. If sane, trained people had guns, they could have shot back."

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
seems like a sound plan that will help towards the problem of criminals, doing bad things. you don't see rational fact based thinking these days, mostly just gossip kings and queens doing their thing in the MSM.
edit on 9-1-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Utah, huh?....My wife has always wanted to live nearer to the mountains...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Utah, huh?....My wife has always wanted to live nearer to the mountains...

took the thought right out of my mind, ESP is firing today!!! lmao

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would totally live in that town.

My wife can shoot, my 19 year old son can shoot and my 12 year old can shoot.

All of them know how to do everything by themselves from start to finish... Except cleaning.. that's my job.

I am so excited becasue I start reloading my own ammo this SAT... Yippppeeeee.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting... I live in Utah and this hasn't really been in the news a whole lot. This is my first time hearing about it.

Makes sense though..... Utah loves guns.

There was a Gun show/Home show at the expo center just 5 days ago.

Needless to say.... it had a huge turnout.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Utah for the win.

And Utah have lots of homes with lots of several years of food supplies.

Utah = prepper country.

top topics

join