It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you think thoughts about yourself ("I", "me", "my")? How happy are you? (Research

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
'We' and 'our' are still identification.
The issue is who is speaking and who is hearing. How many do you think you are?

The idea behind saying "we" is this:

There is the mind and there is the body. The body will go through things that the mind doesn't (sensations, hunger, etc.) saying "we" is like the mind and body being ONE, but to keep awareness that there is the observer (the mind) and the body...

The mind is not the observer. The mind and the body are both observered.
If you believe you are two separate things - body and mind - you will be conflicted. You are neither the body nor the mind. You are the knower of both, you are the knower of all that is.

You are all seeing, all knowing and everpresent.
You are awareness. You are aware of all that arises. You are that ONE that is aware of the sensations, the thoughts, the colours, the sounds.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Imagine if when you talked about yourself in your mind - instead of saying "I" referring to the body or mind at different times - you said "we" keeping the awareness that there is the mind and the body ? It may help people who get to "pulled" into the body and forget the mind - the awareness - the part that watches this all. How do you think that would affect people's perspective?

Honestly all i think it would make people aware of is that they have an indivdual view/mind which is separate fromm many the thoughts they have which are representative of society pressure or obligation to conform. It wouldnt make them aware of the mind body separate awareness.

edit on 10-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Isn't the mind the observer from which the thoughts enter? Or was I misunderstanding the whole time?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Itsnowagain is just providing you with descriptions. Itsnowagain nor anyone else has no more special insight to what the mind is or where thoughts come from. The only thing for sure in this world is there is something out there that is real as we are aware of it. Therefore from that we surmise we must be as real as what is out there. What is out there and what we are is formed from informations received by our senses and what our conceptual mind inteprets the information to be. The reality is our mind is awareness eneery and through invokation of our intent thought manifests from the mind. The thing called the obsever is just the mind energy being aware of itself and the physical body encapsulating it when the conceptual thought is quietened. Dont get wrapped up in all the new age observer I descriptions they yeild no real power which is of any real use.

The below post is full of jargondy ideas. Power and Perception are simplier than ideas. If you want to connect with them directly dont buy any descriptions.
edit on 10-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The mind can be observed. You can see thoughts appear.
You are aware that there is thought. Thoughts are recieved, but who hears them? Awareness is aware of thoughts appearing, awareness is aware of sensations arising.
Any appearance is not you. You are aware of the appearance. Do not confuse yourself with the appearance. You are what never appears.

Neti neti.

The significance of neti neti:
Neti Neti, meaning, "Not this, Not this", is the method of Vedic analysis of negation. It is a keynote of Vedic inquiry. With its aid the Jnani negates identification with all things of this world which is not the Atman, in this way he negates the Anatman. Through this gradual process he negating the mind and transcends all worldly experiences that are negated till nothing remains but the Self. He attains union with the Absolute by denying the body, name, form, intellect, senses and all limiting adjuncts and discovers what remains, the true “I” alone. L.C.Beckett in his book, Neti Neti, explains that this expression is an expression of something inexpressible, it expresses the ‘suchness’ (the essence) of that which it refers to when ‘no other definition applies to it’.Neti neti negates all descriptions about the Ultimate Reality but not the Reality itself. Inuitive interpretation of uncertainty principle can be expressed by "Neti neti" that annihilates ego and the world as non-self (Anatman), it annihilates our sense of self altogether.
Quote from wiki.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nice, everytime you talk about yourself in singular form you feel bad/empty/sad because you didn't say we. For in reality it is you but you aren't the same. You eat your potato but He doesn't. Thx for letting me share arpgme.

Angle

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

16 times you say the words and at least 5 referring to yourself.

There was once a little Sanyasin lady who 'never' used those words.

She did become enlightened and did her part to raise the vibrational frequency for all humanity, plants and animals.

Try to tell a story about your life without ever using the egoist words of self.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The 'you' itsnowagain is refering to with 'you can see your thoughts enter' is the highest above my ''you' eating the potato and 'He' is not' for itsnowagains you is the one above it all and it are His thoughts He sees entering Him which make him understand thus itsnowagain was in fact worshipping the Highest with his heart here and a some time ago typing what He said.

Ah! ?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not a she anatar.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It made me think, was that explaining the 'Holy trinity'?

, is this the emoticon for 'as above, as below'?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

There is no such thing as a highest there is just positions of awareness. The I me and my are all definitions made up in the conceptul mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

WEll, does that really matter in this content or the little story shared? Not being snide just saying...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The 'you' itsnowagain is refering to with 'you can see your thoughts enter' is the highest above my ''you' eating the potato and 'He' is not' for itsnowagains you is the one above it all and it are His thoughts He sees entering Him which make him understand thus itsnowagain was in fact worshipping the Highest with his heart here and a some time ago typing what He said.

Ah! ?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Just to clarify:
Itisnowagain did not write "you can see your thoughts enter". This is not what was written and is not a true statement in itisnowagains opinion.
They are not 'your' thoughts. Thoughts appear but do not belong to anyone.

Through this gradual process he negates the mind and transcends all worldly experiences that are negated till nothing remains but the Self. He attains union with the Absolute by denying the body, name, form, intellect, senses and all limiting adjuncts and discovers what remains, the true “I” alone.
Quote from wiki.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sorry, the sentence I was refering to was 'you can see thoughts appear'.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Do you see the huge difference it makes by adding that extra word? The word 'your' makes the claim that the thought has been identified as coming from you as though it is 'yours'. Neti neti. Nothing is 'yours'.

It is not you that does thought. You are not the thinker.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I, me and my are fine, but you is not happy

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Do you see the huge difference it makes by adding that extra word? The word 'your' makes the claim that the thought has been identified as coming from you as though it is 'yours'. Neti neti. Nothing is 'yours'.

When one is not the thinker, then one is the thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by arpgme

I, me and my are fine, but you is not happy

He must be confusing me

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

When one is not the thinker, then one is the thought.

No!!
One is the one that is aware of the thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

That is correct, 'one' is the one that is aware of the thought. Now what if you have friends around?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join