It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gun Confiscation: What if...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Gun control and confiscation have been hot topics for debate recently in America following the tragedy of Sandy Hook. With news headlines like this: White House Threatens Executive Order On Guns one must consider the possibility that confiscation could become a reality.

The reason I am writing this thread now is to discuss a topic that I have found little information circulating. What if the US Government DOES pass draconian gun laws and confiscating guns is part of the law? What if President Obama DOES use an executive order to confiscate some or all citizens guns. Or alternatively, what if Diane Feinstein's new assault rifle bill does pass...and they want all legal gun owners to register their guns via fingerprints, photos, etc and then they get to decide if you keep your guns or not...? What do you think will happen?

Obviously, there is a lot of talk about a new civil war. I'm not trying to discuss that in this thread. What if they don't decide to use the SWAT team tactic of kicking in doors and forcibly confiscating your weapons, but instead use a "soft kill" technique? As in what if they decide you will be charged $1000 for every day you don't turn in your gun and if you don't pay they will garnish your wages to $0. Or perhaps they will call your employer and tell them you are a threat to the nation and that they need to fire you or else they are an accomplice to a terrorist. Or perhaps they decide they will use the door kicking method and start sending SWAT teams to people's houses and forcibly taking firearms. They know when you go to work, so perhaps they decide to confiscate while you are away from home to make sure it is an easy process. You say "Well then I'll just put them in my car and take them to work with me in my trunk". They know where you work, remember? They show up and forcibly take them. What are your options? To bury them? Not a great plan. And some of us don't have anywhere to do that.

I know that this kind of thinking is all very theoretical, but my point is that a lot of these things are not being discussed or maybe even thought of. Personally, I am a gun owner and I own 3 firearms (rifle, shotgun, pistol). I have no intentions of relinquishing my weapon and I would rather die than sit back and watch the Constitution be stepped on and my fellow Americans be treated as slaves (and become slaves following confiscation). My question is, does anyone have answers to how we prepare for these possibilities? The possibility that they will try to financially ruin us and turn us into outcasts in our own community to force us to give up our guns. I ask this in a humble manner, because I think there are others out there who may have some ideas and answers on how to protect ourselves, our freedoms, and our communities from this type of tyranny, If I know anything, I know that it will be reliance on each other that will get us through that kind of scenario.

PS: If you hate guns and all you have to say is that you want them to be taken, then don't bother. This thread is not discussing that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They would never start with such an obvious thing so applying some basic logic I'd do a buy back first that's generous enough to be worth it for those who know the price as a value but perhaps are ready to sell their older/rusty etc weapons

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xMoralDeclinex

I live in Wisconsin - I don't know a family that doesn't own a gun, or many. Hunting is a way of life.

Maybe in liberal states like CA, you could become an outkast, but just look at the map of NY counties and all the "known" gunowners.

I believe the gov't's inciting a civil war by acting this way.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think this is in line to your OP here, so I'll note this. Missouri is among the states that has no registration to keep track or know who owns a gun and who doesn't, let alone who sells one to whom. It's no joke if you are prohibited from owning one and are caught. It's downright nasty in fact. Retail outlets run the NICS check of course, as required by existing law. However, this is hard for some in other states with such extreme laws now to believe sometimes, my state and many others literally do not have a system designed or capable of recording that stuff. Even the local level of pistol permit and recording was disbanded when the modern NICS version/instant check came into existence.

So the question is, in at least some places of the country, one that has no ability to be pursued by Government. People own here what they are willing to volunteer they own and nothing exists to say otherwise one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Soft killing works incrementally.

There's nothing incremental about assaulting 150,000,000 people with new fees, taxes, regulations and bureaucracy.

If they wanted to continue with the soft-kill that they've been running since the 30's they'll have to back away from all this media hyped nonsense like EO's, AWB's and policy taskforces.

The way it's all ramped up they cant do anything but something drastic.

Of course, they could let all this build up result in nothing much. Then the next time things get crazy more people will be off guard and harken back to this moment of exaggeration as justification to not worry or act. Then the gov will get what it wants.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I heard a statistic today that there are 88 guns for every 100 Americans. That is probably pretty accurate. I know that many Americans own guns, and I guess it probably differs from state to state. But I wonder how many people would be scared enough to turn those guns in if threatened legally or otherwise. Many people are supporting an outright gun ban...although it's hard to judge just how many. I know a lot of people out there would defend themselves if push came to shove, but I believe many people would crack under the pressure and give up their guns and possibly even snitch on those who also had guns but were not registered.

And in response to "thisguyrighthere", I think my use of "soft kill" probably wasn't the best choice of words. And I agree that they will probably do something drastic or nothing at all. The build up has come and gone over and over again, and they know it. The Obama administration has even been saying that they want Sandy Hook to be fresh in peoples minds while they try to do something that way they will not lose momentum and people will not have "forgotten" about it...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I believe the answer to all our woes where government is concerned starts at the community level. Take back your community first and then your city, county and eventually your state. Once this has been accomplished, the several states can work together as sovereign entities without the intrusion of the corporate UNITED STATES. The government cannot stand on it's own without the several states in fact, it is the states that make up the United States or UNITED STATES. Let them have their little block of land in the District of Columbia. Let's see how much power they really have without "us" states! I say we reform our sovereign "States United" around and without the current government!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You may have heard this cited:

Source

The numbers are rather staggering...and sales are up radically from norms since the CT event. As much as 60% increases in some states. I'd guess it's over 300 million on the guns by now so the ratio would be higher I'd think. 88/100 is close enough for Gov't work though. That's heavily armed by any standard. lol
edit on 9-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Guns? Confiscation? Gee I used to own guns, but with all this controversy and panic in the marketplace, I've sold just about everything except my revolver. Who would've thought I could make 500% profit on a shotgun?

ganjoa

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Referencing the government, it can be likened to bringing a knife to a gun fight! Wouldn't you think?

link   
It's one of those never ending spirals - the more people have guns the more people need guns to feel safe, so more and more people buy guns and less and less people feel safe unless they own a gun ......

I'd hate to live in America. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
It's one of those never ending spirals - the more people have guns the more people need guns to feel safe, so more and more people buy guns and less and less people feel safe unless they own a gun ......

I'd hate to live in America. Seriously.

Trust me when I say this we are glad as well that you do not live here. Bye the way, can you take Piers Morgan home with you?

top topics

join