It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK risks 'turning inwards' over EU referendum - US official

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I am very impressed with all the pro UK Commonwealth sentimnent in this thread, I have long advoccated that the UKC could be much more of a potent force for good in the world. Perhaps our American friends would consider joining then that really would be a force to be reckoned with look out China. I kid, I kid
or do I ?

As an American and knowing how far back our peoples go (1600s BCE; much further then even the long Brittish History) If we were to ever join together and be brothers again, across the commonwealth + USA, no force or alliance on Earth could overcome it. We have received the greatest blessings in this age as a people, but alas our human nature prevents the type of bond needed for these blessings to have been fully realized.

God save the commonwealth!

Unfortunately because of who we are, and what must come to pass; both of us will be brought to humility first, but also have the oppertunity for the greatest amount of growth in life as a result.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

As i understood it, or as they pronounced it, the money was promised as a support to form a democracy.
Yep don't laugh..

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

haha, yeah right.
edit on 30-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've been in contact with people about the EU, they stated that it isn't even possible for a country to leave the EU.
There is one escape clause (article 50) that can be used and which can be found in the treaty of Lisbon.
But they say that even if a country wants to leave, the euro ministry and EU parliament has to agree with it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I personally hope you get the opportunity to tell the EU to suck it...

I'd do it before it goes on for so long that like our own Union - TPTB decide that the Union is unbreakable and decide to keep you in it by force like our nation did in 1861.

All people should have the right of self determination, period. The right to join or leave any union belongs to the people not the politicians.

Cheers and good luck.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join