page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by tdk84

Are you hearing this news tonight?
He is going to give us the in/out referendum in 2017/18.
I won't hold my breath, a lot can happen in 4/5 years, he might not even be PM after the next election.
I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear what else he has to say.

haha promises the vote to get in power, then in power promises the vote in 4/5 years in aid to get him through the next election. He doesn't want to leave Europe, he knows how important it is, its a ploy for a vote of power.

I doubt they will get voted into power again, this aint happening.

Will be interesting to hear the aftermath of the speech.

But he said holding such a referendum now would be a "false choice" because Europe was set to change following the eurozone crisis and it would be "wrong to ask people whether to stay or go before we have had a chance to put the relationship right".

I still think this whole fiascois to get more power in Europe, there's no intention of leaving.
edit on 23-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
I'd like to quote Margrete Thatcher here, when confronted with the german reunion. What she said is what should happen when the UK leaves the EU:
"I want my money back"

And this whole germanophile stuff here is hard to read, really. The War ist now nearly 70 years over, get your attitude straight, the Germany and german people nowadays have nothing in common with the Third Reich, nor do we want something to do with these guys. And we are sooo tired to hear that stuff over and over and over again.
And when I have to guess, the UK won't survive long without the money from Brussels.
edit on 23/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

"the UK won't survive long without the money from Brussels."

Do you mean the money we pay into the EU?

Try looking at it the other way, if the UK leaves the EU, the EU will fall apart because we pay a lot of money into it. Are you, the German people going to happily pay more to cover what's not coming from the UK?
I'm guessing you're German from your post, without EU fishing, farming and other regulation's the UK will survive just fine.
The rest of your post doesn't apply to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

I missed the speech, but from what I'm hearing on Sky news it's just an attempt to get votes and win some voters back from UKIP. There is a graph on Sky news website showing how people will vote on the EU (To be taken with a pinch of salt) I think it was 40% in 34% out 20% don't know and 5% won't vote. I don't know what they did with the other 1%.

"I doubt they will get voted into power again, this aint happening."

I agree with you on that, the worry is who we will end up with, at the moment I'm thinking it will be Labour or Labour and Lib Dem's together. It's one of those times where I really want to be wrong.
edit on 23-1-2013 by LEL01 because: I messed up

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
I'd like to quote Margrete Thatcher here, when confronted with the german reunion. What she said is what should happen when the UK leaves the EU:
"I want my money back"

And this whole germanophile stuff here is hard to read, really. The War ist now nearly 70 years over, get your attitude straight, the Germany and german people nowadays have nothing in common with the Third Reich, nor do we want something to do with these guys. And we are sooo tired to hear that stuff over and over and over again.
And when I have to guess, the UK won't survive long without the money from Brussels.
edit on 23/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

Wrong. Britain will survive just fine, it is the EU who won't survive. That's why France, Germany and people such as yourself so desperately don't want us to leave.
edit on 23/1/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So, he's going to give us the in/out referendum in 2017/18.

Such is the parlous state of democracy in the 21st century west.

Naïve, really, to have expected more from a fully paid-up member of the NWO (all politicians are).

Any democracy they support is the sort that coincides with - or doesn't harm - their unstoppable world agenda.

I don't even think that civil war within the EU, or the collapse of the euro, would dampen their determination to make their masterplan succeed.

Just hope it's all worth it for the likes of me and you.

Cos it sure as hell will be for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by tdk84

it's just an attempt to get votes and win some voters back from UKIP.

they seem afraid,..

Meanwhile Merkel has said Britain is and shall remain in the EU

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

reply to post by tdk84

it's just an attempt to get votes and win some voters back from UKIP.

they seem afraid,..

Meanwhile Merkel has said Britain is and shall remain in the EU

Yes, they are afraid, they know they won't win the next election.
Merkel is probably right even if everyone votes for UKIP in the next election the EU will still be in control because UKIP want a trade agreement and that's where this all started back in the 70's.
Did you see the other thread on this ?
Thread

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Yes, but it is outright blackmail.
Why should britain be within the EU to be able to trade with the EU?
It should have been a trade network, but they have turned it into a power block.

Here in the Netherlands we have only one sceptical party, the PVV (Geert Wilders) i'm not very keen to vote for him but he is the only one who takes a stand against the EU, like Nigel Farage does in britain.
Resistance against our government is growing here and i dont think it will be long before people are going to protest, also in higher regions there are people who are collecting signatures in order to have a reverendum in the Netherlands about the EU.

Thx for the link, gonna read there

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Screw the EU. Far from ushering in a new era of prosperity for Europe, it should be crystal clear to all Europeans by now that its purpose was merely to remove some of the financial barriers to the systematic economic rape and pillage of the European Continent and the British Isles.

The UK should act as a beacon of common sense for others and get out of the EU before its too late. The UK's actions will be noticed by the people of Europe who will then be able to bring pressure to bear on their own "leaders" using the Brits as an example.

Never happen of course - moneyed string pullers in the UK have too much to lose should she take her leave of the EU. Referendums can be rigged, just like elections.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I agree with you, it's like watching bullies in the playground, only it's not just our dinner money they're after.
We do have two parties who are sceptical, UKIP who want to keep a trade agreement and BNP who I think want out altogether. Just saying BNP is enough to get you labelled as a racist, I do know they have some policies I don't like.

It's good to hear the Netherlands want a referendum on this, I'm sure people in other countries must feel the same but we always seem to hear the voices of those who think the EU is good.
Good luck to you on getting the referendum.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

Money and control, I really believe it's a stepping stone to a one world government. I know some people will think I'm crazy for saying that but it's happening.
I want to change what you said " Referendums can be rigged, just like elections" to Referendums are rigged, just like elections.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

I really believe it's a stepping stone to a one world government. I know some people will think I'm crazy for saying that

Not crazy at all.

Why else would the EU bureaucrats want to turn it into a political union?

We are talking about thousand-year old democracies here, not crappy little man-made states in Australia or the middle east.

If they can govern a large number of countries from Brussels, it's no different from the USA, and a major step towards the dreaded WG.

That has to be the ultimate goal of globalisation (the clue is in the word).

ETA: Why on earth would Obama be so concerned about whether little old Britain is in or out of the European club?
edit on 27-1-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I want to add to your " Why on earth would Obama be so concerned about whether little old Britain is in or out of the European club?" with, and why on earth has he been attending EU meetings?
Last I heard America isn't a part of the EU unless Obama has signed them up to it without anyone knowing about it.

I've seen a lot of changes over the years and I can see this all falling into place, it seems like they've won already with average Joe brainwashed by what they hear on TV.
I still have hope that it will fall apart before we get that far.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Politics... USA uses the UK to sway decision in Europe. That's the fundamental reason they don't want us to leave... that and money. There's a lot of american FDI in the UK which then makes its profits in Europe.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

There's a lot of american FDI in the UK which then makes its profits in Europe.

......and wont be able to make its profits in Europe without Britain being politically conjoined to the EU?

How does that work?

How on earth did we go on for thousands of years before joining in 1973? (rhetorical)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by tdk84

There's a lot of american FDI in the UK which then makes its profits in Europe.

......and wont be able to make its profits in Europe without Britain being politically conjoined to the EU?

How does that work?

How on earth did we go on for thousands of years before joining in 1973? (rhetorical)

The UK is a different beast from days of old, there is 0 comparison. In spite saying that 'BRIC' economies are the way to go... for big companies anyway

small firms lack the financial and human resources required to overcome the many challenges presented by emerging markets: language barriers, foreign legal systems, high tariffs and intellectual property theft. More fundamentally, low transport costs and rapid, visa-free travel make exporting to Europe far more manageable. A business employing fewer than 10 people can't afford to send an employee out to China for a week to meet potential partners, let alone come to grips with the Chinese bureaucracy and legal system.

Small and medium-sized enterprises are the backbone of the British economy and the EU remains the favoured export destination.

Tariff barriers remain one of the biggest concerns for small businesses, meaning the negotiation of free trade agreements is one of the most important opportunities for future growth. The EU already has free trade agreements in place with 45 countries, including a new deal signed with South Korea in March which will bring an estimated £500m a year to the British economy. Further trade agreements are currently being negotiated with India and Canada, with potential trade deals with the US and Japan in the pipeline. If the UK left the EU, we would have to start negotiating these trade deals from scratch. Moreover, without the weight of the world's largest common market of 500 million wealthy consumers behind us, we would end up with far less favourable terms when negotiating with the world's economic superpowers.

BRIC is obviously there to be exploited but it will be hard for the average business.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

The UK is a different beast from days of old

More like the EU is a different beast from the one the electorate agreed to remain a member of in 1975.

There is no sensible reason why Britain can't still trade freely with Europe without being yolked politically to it, and losing its sovereignty as an independent nation.

That is what most normal people want.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by tdk84

The UK is a different beast from days of old

More like the EU is a different beast from the one the electorate agreed to remain a member of in 1975.

There is no sensible reason why Britain can't still trade freely with Europe without being yolked politically to it, and losing its sovereignty as an independent nation.

That is what most normal people want.

Well if you look at what the UK was mostly trading with before 1975 the UK is a different beast. Obviously the Indutry of UK export has massively changed.

If you think the rest of Europe will give us Free trade agreements at no cost after leaving the club you need to think again... there no such think as amicable divorce. Obviously they would trade with us, but it will be at cost.

Its a moot point though, we wont leave Europe, this whole thing was obviously a power play to allow Cameron to negotiate in Europe. Give us what we want or we will leave. The majority of the E.U want the same thing to happen and the top leaders have already said they would like to see negotiations.

Fundamentally any problem you see with the E.U is experienced the same with other members, the majority want changes to happen, this referendum has given them a kick to get thinks moving and its working.

These points a reinforced from the man himself.... news.sky.com...
edit on 29-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, Cameron sure did get things moving.
Some think that it will be germany departing first because they have the most to loose, this because either we form a political union, or the euro is doomed to fail.
They were well aware of the dangers with this monetary union, but used it to force the political union, Greece might well have been a self engineered problem.
Eurostat aint there for nothing, and it just so happens that Barroso has some high ranked friends in Greece.

It is al to clear that the EU-politicians have their own dream that they are pursuing, not to the benefit of the people, but for them self and their business partners.
An oligarchy.
People do only have value as taxpayer, as workers, many have already jumped to their death because they lost everything they had because of this crisis, and meanwhile Rompuy goes to Egypt to give 5 billion to a non EU country.

Here in the Netherlands the people are starting to revolt to the fact that we have to give up our sovereignty and become part of a political union, it is either back to a trade union like EEG or out of the EU.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
Yes, Cameron sure did get things moving.
Some think that it will be germany departing first because they have the most to loose, this because either we form a political union, or the euro is doomed to fail.
They were well aware of the dangers with this monetary union, but used it to force the political union, Greece might well have been a self engineered problem.
Eurostat aint there for nothing, and it just so happens that Barroso has some high ranked friends in Greece.

It is al to clear that the EU-politicians have their own dream that they are pursuing, not to the benefit of the people, but for them self and their business partners.
An oligarchy.
People do only have value as taxpayer, as workers, many have already jumped to their death because they lost everything they had because of this crisis, and meanwhile Rompuy goes to Egypt to give 5 billion to a non EU country.

Here in the Netherlands the people are starting to revolt to the fact that we have to give up our sovereignty and become part of a political union, it is either back to a trade union like EEG or out of the EU.

Yep, I doubt it will go back completely too a Trade Union as it will be important to maintain control to avert debt based spending/growth... but we will damn sure get some powers back.

As for the 5 billion to Egypt... weren't they investment plans/loans from the E.U and the European Bank? i.e. they are taking advantage of Egypt debt problems to make some big €€€
edit on 29-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join