It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK risks 'turning inwards' over EU referendum - US official

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Besides..

Von Rumpey looks like a vampire clerk... Damn I hate them lol..

I like my bananas bendy.. And our farmers to plant as many fields as they damn well chose! And they can keep their bloody migrants! It will be nice to wave bye to the Poles too..

See ya!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

No thanks.. He is yours now... No sale or return.. You may keep him with our compliments good sir..

bad day when the US becomes the UKs dumping ground ... again .... I thought this ended in 1776?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm with you, we've never had a say on the EU, that makes everything about it illegal in my book.
Time to take back control of our borders and our laws, let the fishermen fish and let the farmers farm.
We all know the EU is just a stepping stone to the NWO and their one world government, whatever it takes we must get out before they bring us down any further.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
As a Brit, I can safely say that I do not give a stuff about what we do diplomatically if it isn't good for the American people.

The crux of the issues is yes, leaving the EU will make it harder for us Brits but staying in it will lead to us losing our soverignty and our diplomacy, to un-elected beaurocrats in Brussels who will slowly turn us into a Police State.

The referendum must happen as most Brits want out and we never voted in for this in the first place. And if so I will hapily go to war with Europe if it becomes the only way to keep Britain, British.

at lest we have our guns ... for now .... you are basically an unarmed with clubs and pitchforks ...... I believe the EU should disband .... free Europe ....now

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

May be unarmed but we are not defenseless, we use our words as a weapon. The pen is mightier than the sword.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

May be unarmed but we are not defenseless, we use our words as a weapon. The pen is mightier than the sword.

I whole heartily agree that words and ideas are more powerful than guns but they don't defend your life from a thug ..... Is it illegal to own the anarchists cookbook in the UK? I know they can't get what is in our heads yet ..... to erase our knowledge ....

however, I'm sure they are working on it.
edit on 9-1-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thugs in this country don't bother with guns (If you get caught you goto jail for a very very long time) we can defend ourselves in our own homes.
I live in a pretty rough place in Yorkshire at the moment and to be honest I feel safe I have had young lads try and give me #e and I just stand up to them, it works.

Commonwealth for the win!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

When I was serving in Afghanistan with the US. Army. One evening they were playing retreat of the colors, there were two flags flying on the post I was stationed. The Stars and Stripes and the Union Jack. I said to a British trooper, "There are two flags as long as I live, that will never fall." He smiled at me and said.... "likewise". I ment what I said. If he did or not? I can not tell.
But to my English cousins. I want you to know, there is at least one American, proud to be so, that will share a foxhole with you anyday to defend your sovereignty as both my grandfathers did.

That said. The United states is a "Union" of free and sovereign states. We Americans are dealing with a federal government/power that is way overstepping the bounds imposed upon it by law.

I hate to see you folks dealing with that and turning your once great nation into nothing more than a county.
edit on 9-1-2013 by murphy22 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hm, the situation in Romania is very delicate as we are in full demographic collapse, not sure if you have enough people to actually create a visible issue in the EU. At the moment Romania has more retired people than employed people. We need every working age Romanian to stay in Romania and start a family rather than work and pay taxes in UK. So from a different angle, I guess it would actually benefit us (in Romania) to actually see the EU being reduced as structure...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

I'm sure the average American hasn't got a clue about what's going on in the UK, just like the average Brit hasn't got a clue about what's going on in America. Then there are people like us who know that at the end of the day, we are all in the same boat and need to stick together and stand against TPTB not fight each other. Thank you for your kind words.

Until all EU countries get a vote, in or out, the EU is a dictatorship not a democracy as they claim to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by michael1983l
As a Brit, I can safely say that I do not give a stuff about what we do diplomatically if it isn't good for the American people.

The crux of the issues is yes, leaving the EU will make it harder for us Brits but staying in it will lead to us losing our soverignty and our diplomacy, to un-elected beaurocrats in Brussels who will slowly turn us into a Police State.

The referendum must happen as most Brits want out and we never voted in for this in the first place. And if so I will hapily go to war with Europe if it becomes the only way to keep Britain, British.

at lest we have our guns ... for now .... you are basically an unarmed with clubs and pitchforks ...... I believe the EU should disband .... free Europe ....now

For the nth time it is only hanguns that are illegal in the UK, many of us are well armed and competant with legally held firearms.
edit on 10-1-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

No thanks.. He is yours now... No sale or return.. You may keep him with our compliments good sir..

yeah, but, he is broken, some sort of manufacturing defect i think, i think putting him in a box and RMA'ing him to the factory in timbuctoo is the best option for everyone, don't attach the addressing label too tightly, it might not come off.......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If I was the sort of person who was into get backs this would be the ideal opportunity to tell the murikins to mind there own damn business as they did to so many of us over the Sandy Hook/Gun Control thing but I am not that sort of person. I am a Brit that likes America, and in particular the ordinary people of the US I appreciate their good manners, and greatly admire their moral fortitude.

We stood shoulder to shoulder during most of the last century against those who would do us harm, or sought to impose their own morals, and values upon us both by force. I am very glad to hear that the US recognises the UK as an important part of its wider national interest, and long may it continue say I.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There won't be a referendum.
When labour were in opposition they promised one. Soon as they were in power they refused and the Tories were bleating about a referendum.
Now the roles are reversed again.
It seems that whoever is in charge, they are determined to keep us chained to the EU.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I am very impressed with all the pro UK Commonwealth sentimnent in this thread, I have long advoccated that the UKC could be much more of a potent force for good in the world. Perhaps our American friends would consider joining then that really would be a force to be reckoned with look out China. I kid, I kid
or do I ?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Gonna make a thread in a while asking fellow members of the commonwealth what they think...unless you want a pop?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I am at work at the moment so I probably wont get the time, but if you start the thread I will post as an advocate.

Kind regards

edit on 10-1-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Personally speaking, i agree with them. I am in favour of the EU (although possibly not quite in its current form) broadly speaking but then i am in favour of a United Nations (that has proper powers to achieve results rather than in its current form).

Don't get me wrong, i love our diversity, identity, etc. However, at the end of the day, we are one species. Something we probably won't appreciate properly until the 60ft alien ant overlords start descending in their mother ships!

So, for once, i find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with the US Government about a foreign policy issue. Hmmm.......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Thanks for you kind words mate.. Well appreciated

I myself have chewed the same dirt as my American cousins many times on many Joint operations and would never hesitate to do it again..

So just want to echo your sentiment by saying we have your 6 too.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well.... Someone has to I suppose..

I respect your viewpoint..

But will never ever ever ever ever ever agree lol..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join