It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules TX school district can make students wear locator chips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hi all

sry if this has been posted I did a search and didnt see it

I dont know how they can do this in America

www.rawstory.com...

A U.S. District Judge upheld a Texas school district’s rule requiring students to wear locator chips on Tuesday, Reuters reported.

Judge Orlando Garcia overturned an injunction won by John Jay High School sophomore Andrea Hernandez requiring the school to let her continue her studies without wearing the tag. The Northside Independent School District mandated students wear the chips as part of a policy tracking attendance via radio frequency identification, or RFID, technology.

Hernandez and her family objected to wearing the chip on religious grounds, saying they bore “the mark of the beast,” as described in Christian prophecy.

Raw Story (s.tt...)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
here we go folks its happening... how will they put tracking devices on all of us, they will start with our children under the guise of safety and we will beg them to do it.. I can't remember who said that but here you go....

People are falling right into the fear trap.. we must track our children that will keep them safe, we will beg the government to do this for us, and it will become the standard where everyone gets a tracking chip when they are a baby.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

That would seem to be the general direction.

Think Gattaca with higher technology than the movie could have imagined when it was filmed. I thought it was a disturbing enough movie with what WAS depicted and is now just about a reality for capability if not the widespread open use of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Judge did not rule that the school district can make students wear them.

Plaintiff shall give written notice to the District prior to the end of the current semester stating whether she intends to accept the accommodation being offered and wear the Smart ID badge without a chip. If Plaintiff refuses to wear the uniform badge issued to all students at Jay High School, even without a chip, the District may exercise its discretion and transfer Plaintiff back to her home campus, where she can wear her old student ID badge.

Link to the Court Transcript will not work, but can be found in the original article. Judge rules TX school district can make students wear locator chips
edit on 9-1-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yep

I'll bet that it wont be long before you will be required to have one for:

opening a bank account
getting medical help
buying or renting a home
enrolling your kids in school
owning/buying a gun
ect......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've often heard that they test the waters on things like this in texas, and if it flys there it'll fly anywhere else. What a sad world we live in.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I read this yesterday also did you know that Disney is going to start a bracelet locater in the fall. It will put all your credit card info on it along with yours and your familys names, it will moniter you around the park for however long you are there. They say at first that is optional but how long do you think that will last?

Very scary invasion of privacy for sure. The parents should ban together and refuse this total control of their childrens privacy rights right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
These devices start off as wrist bands or ID's and then it steps up into an implantable device for 'security' reasons. I feel these will eventually become internet ID keys based on where I see wi-fi devices and geo fences going. You don't want someone using your wristband to log on to your email or having access to your banking information now do you?

The sad thing is that out of this entire student population it's only a very small minority who resist these measures. It's always through little steps that we find ourselves being directed into little cages that have no bars. Free range slavery at it's finest.
edit on 9-1-2013 by starshift because: add

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Personally, I'd take that chip and pi$$ on it in front of them.

There is no way in hell they'd be making my kids use such a device. Not that I have kids, but if I did.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
As a a matter of law, I cannot speak authoritatively, since I am no lawyer.

However, this case is unfolding as it is (it apparently will be appealed) because of the strictest sense of the wording of the complaint.

The group that is backing this challenge and the parents of the young lady specifically identify the presence of RFID chips as the justification for considering it 'against their religion.'

Once the school system agreed to allow her to have a badge without an RFID chip in it the court ruled this was a reasonable accommodation. Only after that accommodation, the parents retorted that the entire badge was the problem (I wonder if it is because of the bar-code each badge features?)

That is - legally speaking - another case entirely.

Of course the complainants correctly assert that the courts cannot determine what is or is not a valid religious complaint... and they will base their appeal on that. But unless they amend their complaint to expand the 'issue' to include the identification badge as a whole (and not just the RFID chip) they will lose on legal grounds.

As usual in these cases - the fault lies with the attorney's filing, not the disagreement between the school and the student per se.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The student was offered a chance to wear the ID without the chip and battery. I also got to question what people really expected once we got into the technology age. Surely, one would expect that technology will continue to play a bigger role in our life.

For these reasons, Plaintiff has failed to meet all requirements for a preliminary injunction. An injunction is an extraordinary remedy, which is not warranted herein. Plaintiff's Motion for Pre]iniinary Injunction (Dkt. 19) is DENIED. Plaintiff shall give written notice to the District prior to the end of the current semester stating whether she intends to accept the accommodation being offered and wear the Smart ID badge without a chip. If Plaintiff refuses to wear the uniform badge issued to all students at Jay High School, even without a chip, the District may exercise its discretion and transfer Plaintiff back to her home campus,
where she can wear her old student ID badge.

www.rutherford.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I would pull my kids right out of that district..

edit on 9-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The headline is a bit misleading. As the judge only provided consent to the school to expel her for refusing their terms & conditions so to speak.

Although it does set precent for schools to start RFID programs and not have fear of reprocussions from schools and parents.

Personally I think it's insane that schools need to track kids with RFID when on campus or school grounds. I understand the idea of doing so, in a world where any place can be dangerous given the right circumstances, but the end does not justify the means.

There are better ways of protecting children. It also seems to be like part of this is to help absolve the school of being responsible for your child's whereabouts while in school.

I hate the idea and Texans, along with the nation will soon need to decide if they want such things as the norm.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few minutes in the microwave should solve her id problem.
bzzzzt

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No way in heck would I allow my children to wear an RFID chip. Think not!
I'd take that ID and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. They can track that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
No way in heck would I allow my children to wear an RFID chip. Think not!
I'd take that ID and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. They can track that.

I agree..but Im all for a parent chipping their children if they choose..(ive been the worried parent alot)

Forcing them to get chipped is way to much government then im comfortable with.. I think its ridiculous

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They had tracking chips in my school ID's when i was in high school back in 2007 I just didnt know (I shouldve known something was up when we came back after summer and were giving lanyards and ID tags)... i was skipping school at Mcdonalds... and the principle told my mom that i was hanging out behind the school and went across the street to McDonalds... >:-z that was an invasion of my privacy! I hated that school with a passion

Houston Tx... Aldine Sr High i believe they had them when i went to Westfield High in spring isd also

its taught me a lesson...throw away all identification cards and cellphones when trying to disappear off the grid...(if they had tracking technology in my school ID i know for sure its in my state issued...that's why were forced to keep em on us at all times)

change my paper currency over to gold dollar coins and quarters or get a visa prepaid at a local store---yeah ive thought about things to do in certain situations
edit on 9-1-2013 by pcchris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My public state college today told me I needed their permission to bring a folding lawn chair to sit on while studying between classes, so this Texas ruling isn't really that shocking. Sad to see where this country is headed...

"Freedom", what a joke...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Welcome to the matrix ArrowsNV ...there's only one way out...well two ways considering death...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was listening to a coast to coast show last night about Disneyland and how they have spent a Billion dollars on the chip technology. They are certainly on the attack when it comes to your kids, thats for sure. The US people need to be very careful. It could be there way of bypassing the older people who will refuse the chips while making it more common to the next generations who will accept it with open arms. We should be teaching our children why this is a very bad idea.
edit on 10-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join