It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treatment-resistant gonorrhea arrives in North America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sure am glad Im married

www.rawstory.com...

A form of the sexually transmitted infection gonorrhea that is resistant to all oral antibiotics has arrived in North America and health officials believe it is only a matter of time before it spreads to the U.S.. According to Reuters, a report issued on Monday said that seven percent of patients treated for gonorrhea in one Toronto, Ontario clinic did not respond to treatment with cefixime, the last known oral antibiotic used to fight the disease.

Last year, on Aug. 10, the CDC urged U.S. doctors and clinicians to stop using cefixime, sold under the brand name Suprax, to treat gonorrhea in order to head off the troubling rise in resistance

Raw Story (s.tt...)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

lol most people pick up STD's from unprotected sex with their partner or spouse.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by goou111

lol most people pick up STD's from unprotected sex with their partner or spouse.

ok Im gonna need a link on that lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Some links or we have to take your words ?

Also why the lol ? you think this is funny ? untreatable gonorrhea is a funny illness ? get one and come back to us.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

www.intheknowzone.com...

Having sex with more than one partner or with a person that has more than one sexual partner.

Trounced.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

Yeah, I don't know about that...

My wife doesn't have anything, and neither do I. And I'm 100% sure we don't cheat, so I think my chances of contracting antibiotic resistant gonorrhea is about like winning the lottery.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

At least if you do pick it up, you can know who gave it to you if you are no cheating.......I probably wouldn't consider that like winning the lottery, but some people think different than me.....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What if contraception is pre infected

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Then you, my friend, have really crap luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Wow, now that IS a scary thought. I guess if the authorities can have stuff put in the water etc, this could be entirely possible as a scenario either now or in the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
reply to post by jazz10

Wow, now that IS a scary thought. I guess if the authorities can have stuff put in the water etc, this could be entirely possible as a scenario either now or in the future.

I smell a conspiracy theory

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

HPV included I believe it. Everybodies got HPV..

top topics

join