Collective non pharma flu remedies 2012/2013 flu season

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like a good page to bookmark. Thanks for the thread OP.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Stock your system up with antioxidants now, before you get sick.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom
reply to post by 0mage

It does seem harsher than normal, but I know most of the state gets it almost at once up here.
I have been watching this though, it honestly seemed to show up right after hurricane Sandy when people started complaining of the persistent cough that wouldn't go away. I hope to God it's only a crappy flu! I actually came down with the H1N1 twice the winter that went around, I was in bed for almost 3 weeks. Hopefully this is not as bad.

actually.. im monitoring a metaphysical connection to this.. i know i know.. have a laugh. but yeah.. im seeing evidence that this is larger scale than we are yet ready to believe

there is no fever, no fatigue,
only sinus pressure, nose and lip inflamations etc.
edit on 9-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

I promise I am not laughing! So many things are wrong on so many levels in our world. Nothing surprises me anymore. Would you be willing to elaborate for us? Our physical and spiritual selves are both parts of the whole, and directly affect each other. I was sick for almost 2 years from stress, heartbreak and hormones, one of my docs suggested that she was worried for my life at one point. It took a lot of love, determination and high dose vitamins, but I have recovered without any pharmaceutical intervention.

I must point out though after seeing your edit that I am fatigued and body achy too.
edit on 9-1-2013 by woodsmom because: Responding to edit

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Sliced onion by your bed.

Try vapo rub on the bottom of your feet and then cover with socks.

Vit. C until you have diarrhea.
Vit D.

Spicy food, habaneros (lots of Vit. C) You can't "overdose" on vit. C - it's a water soluble vitamin. You can overdose on fat souble vitamins.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I believe that sinus pressure is an attribute of the spirit.. when the pituitary starts force feeding more spiritual data to the 3rd eye. if u let the pressure build up it causes inflamation, but thru meditation u can relax and direct the pressure and it starts flowing like water within. it flows fluidly thru the 3rd eye. expunging the pressure using this method eases it up and can cure the sinus issue by basically allowing it to channel.

but that's the thing.. this is exactly what u do when channeling chi energy thru the chakras to the 3rd eye. going further out on a limb.. when we do things or even think things that go against the higher intelligence nature of our spirit it can cause the spirit to be agitated within and start "Shouting". sleep is alot like meditation, which is why much healing occurs by just getting bed rest and eating healthy/organic food. but if u dont get the rest and you dont channel either.. it can generate enough pressure to start breaking u down. the body will eventually get weak enough that it cant fight the spirit anymore and allows it to do what it has to do to make the repairs, which can include programming data which may come thru in the form of dreams.

dont want to derail the topic for any genuine flu bearers who may be experiencing flu. i could be wrong about it all. im still monitoring. As a spiritual channeller for many years i am finding some striking similarities in this 'flu' and the behaviour of spiritual channeling. which is like opening your ears to what the spirit is trying to say and holding it consciously. but with a higher output level than average. all is done via meditation purposefully and consciously.

including getting a flu like response or other illness from the body the very next day if u perform an improper meditation channel and allow the pressure to build up without release.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Thanks, it does make sense. One of my docs wanted to do an MRI on my sinuses after things had calmed a bit, I had never had sinus issues until the mass stress though, so I turned him down and continued to treat myself with my herbs. The problem has never completely faded either, just eased.
I will try the meditation after this bug goes away and see if it helps.

Sorry to go off topic slightly, but I was curious.

Back on topic, everything I did earlier really eased the symptoms, but it has not stopped the onset of more.

Good luck and smooth recovery to anyone feeling cruddy.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Raw apple cider vinegar to gargle with and drink.

And Honey Jack Daniels with fresh lemon

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Sliced onion by your bed.

Try vapo rub on the bottom of your feet and then cover with socks.

Vit. C until you have diarrhea.
Vit D.

Spicy food, habaneros (lots of Vit. C) You can't "overdose" on vit. C - it's a water soluble vitamin. You can overdose on fat souble vitamins.
You may want to reconsider using "Vapo rub"
The turpentine oil in it has some bad qualities..
edit on 9-1-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just a little tidbit for everyone

Last night I put together my own little concoction that consisted of the following:

I used about 4 Tablespoons of my lemon honey jelly ( lemons, honey and pectin)

I steeped rosemary, thyme, clover, and mint in about a 1/4 cup of hot water (and let it sit until completely cooled to make it more potent) and always cover your teacup with a saucer or something to keep the volatiles from escaping in the steam

added about a half a cup of water and half a cup of lemon juice

I also tossed in just shy of a shot of clear liquor and about a teaspoon of rosehip powder.

Covered and reheated the whole cup together.

It was quite a tasty little toddy, after yesterday I have had no more breathing issues and I slept beautifully last night. This morning however is a different story, today feels more like THE flu, headache, body aches and well you know.. the flu. I do have more energy than I should though too, so something is helping.

Thanks everyone! This is a good way for me to keep track of treatment results and share what works! Besides, I know I will be able to find this after the fog clears!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Ermm, you may want to take a gander at some of my 'older' threads before you say that... LOL! seriously, it will be our pleasure to meet up and yes we will bring our poles and tackle.

Keeping inline with the thread we can exchange healing herbs...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have been reading here for years
and we will have to test out the white band people here have come up with!

My herbs have been a huge help, and I am always wiling to trade, especially if live plants may be involved.
I can't wait until some finally mature! I have Rodolia Rosea, that I collected seed from the wild and seems to like my garden, and my lobelia and pulmonaria are having to be babied. They have survived a couple of years, but I really was hoping to harvest more of both this year, as well as my St. John's Wort.

I will be back from the bus stop in a few minutes with links to other remedy threads!
Sorry that it took so long, I am feeling human today
edit on 11-1-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here are some links to other natural remedies threads from other members.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One note on the above thread, the Gelsemium mentioned is what I was taking all day yesterday! I switched from the phosphorus to the gelsemium and it really did work wonders. Completely got rid of the body aches and lessened the throbbing skull enough to be able to work on a few things!

Sorry I didn't get this up sooner in the thread guys!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplefowler

Honey with flu is thought to exacerbate the cytokine storm over-immunity response...NOT GOOD.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If you want a more natural vapor rub, you can simmer your herbs in olive oil for a few minutes, strain, cool

Meanwhile in a small pan combine beeswax, vitamin E, aloe, lanolin or whatever you would like in any combo.
Just make sure you use some beeswax to solidify the mixture later. I always use a dedicated wooden spoon for my mixtures.

Add your herbed olive oil, and whatever essential oils you would like, stir well, pour into sterilized jars and you have what you need. I have used primarily rosemary for eczema , tea tree and calendula for general first aid, and rose petals and lavender for a pretty smelling garden hand salve.

For a vapor rub, you will want to use eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint and possibly lavender. Tea Tree oil will also kill anything and would be a good addition.

An easier right now version can be made by mixing the eucalyptus oil into some petroleum jelly.

Apply as you would the commercial stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thanks for the heads up about that.
I was reading the thread about the cytokine storms the other day, it was some very enlightening info.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Not a problem!!
I am glad that I could help anyone with this.

I am so personally frustrated with the medical establishment, that I will learn anything that I can to not have to take my family in.

It has worked too, last year, our only visits were for a round of strep throat, and my son's broken leg.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thanks!
I hope you don't either! Have a beautiful day!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been researching about iodine and started taking 12.5mg daily for the last week. Here is a link about Iodine and the forgotten weapon of the flu virus.

Iodine: the forgotten weapon against the flu virus

edit on 11-1-2013 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Thanks for the link!

Such simple remedies for such a devastating issue (concerning1918).
I wonder how many people keep Iodine anymore? I have some, but I have noticed a trend in recent years to the newer versions of antiseptics, ie sprays and swabs, with designer medicines contained within.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join