It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who choses what clothes Ghosts wear?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Phantasm

The ghosts I seen were super real, and they talked directly, even saying who they were and I had no prior knowledge of one because I was a child, the second time I knew the person who had recently died and was a close relative.

I truly believed they were real, they looked, sounded and acted real,even their clothes and they picked up things but couldn't sit.

When you say they picked up things, do you mean they levitated solid objects, like a book or something?

The first one was a stool in a castle but he couldn't sit on it and the second was a desk lid. It might have appeared as levitated objects to others but to me it was in their hands. The stool looked real to me but others couldn't see it and the desk lid was real as it was my own desk at home.
edit on 9-1-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Those were wonderful experiences. A few of those in a lifetime and someone has a good basis for belief in whatever they believe in. I've never had a ghost experience, it's not my thing, but plenty of people I've known have had them and with quite a few they check out. I'll give just one true story.

My brother-in-law's brother died fairly young and unexpectedly. My sister, who has a great deal of psychic ability but no training whatsoever (and imagine the states of mind that can get you into) was alone in a room a few months later and she saw her husband's dead brother walk in and stand there. She was used to stuff like that, so she just looked at him. Then he appeared to her later in the day in the same room, still silent. A couple hours later his daughter (and they lived in another state hundreds of miles away) phoned and said she'd like to come by and speak to them. When she came she asked if she could live with them for awhile, and my sister immediately said "yes", throwing my bro-in-law for a loop (he didn't want that to happen). She, of coursre, said yes because the girl'[s father had appeared to her twice earlier in the day, and she took that as a message and a request for help.

(after my last line there I have to give myself a plug - I write on a satiric web site and wrote a page called "Ghosts never seem to play fair" which can be googled directly under that name, and mentioned about them always asking for things. In my sister's sightings it seems to be the case)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Those were wonderful experiences. A few of those in a lifetime and someone has a good basis for belief in whatever they believe in. I've never had a ghost experience, it's not my thing, but plenty of people I've known have had them and with quite a few they check out. I'll give just one true story.

My brother-in-law's brother died fairly young and unexpectedly. My sister, who has a great deal of psychic ability but no training whatsoever (and imagine the states of mind that can get you into) was alone in a room a few months later and she saw her husband's dead brother walk in and stand there. She was used to stuff like that, so she just looked at him. Then he appeared to her later in the day in the same room, still silent. A couple hours later his daughter (and they lived in another state hundreds of miles away) phoned and said she'd like to come by and speak to them. When she came she asked if she could live with them for awhile, and my sister immediately said "yes", throwing my bro-in-law for a loop (he didn't want that to happen). She, of coursre, said yes because the girl'[s father had appeared to her twice earlier in the day, and she took that as a message and a request for help.

(after my last line there I have to give myself a plug - I write on a satiric web site and wrote a page called "Ghosts never seem to play fair" which can be googled directly under that name, and mentioned about them always asking for things. In my sister's sightings it seems to be the case)

Funny you should mention that, the first sighting didn't seem nice at first, he kept offering snuff, I didn't know anything about it and was scared, then lifting me onto a stool and carrying me to another room, eventually saying who he was and about past lives he was etc. The second time I don't remember being asked for something apart from telling someone something that only she would know he said. It was confusing for me as I was only 10 and truly believed they were real.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nice, great experiences. As to the subject of the thread, when my sister saw her bro-in-law he was clothed, I think I asked her that when it occurred a few years ago, and she probably would have noticed if he was naked. What kind of clothes did your ghosts have on? (I just read the story I mentioned again and, imagining you reading it, noticed a couple too many swear words in the lede, and will go change that now. So the ghost thread has helped me, thank you.)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Nice, great experiences. As to the subject of the thread, when my sister saw her bro-in-law he was clothed, I think I asked her that when it occurred a few years ago, and she probably would have noticed if he was naked. What kind of clothes did your ghosts have on? (I just read the story I mentioned again and, imagining you reading it, noticed a couple too many swear words in the lede, and will go change that now. So the ghost thread has helped me, thank you.)

The first was wearing a very fine silk crepe de Chine in light blue, I recall it well, just like the photo on the previous page and white stockings, black shoes, white wig or powdered hair. The second was clothed in his regular clothes, I don't recall them specifically.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Gok Wan???

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Can a ghost wear a bionic suit!?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamer99

"like a recording burned into the surroundings" ~ this could be true and here is how.

First it does not hold up when one is in communication with them during the present. To be true it would have to mean that there are 2 types of ghost, 1 which only leaves an image, and 1 which is capable of interaction. Or it could be that once they complete their interaction phase they leave, leaving only an image of their passing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

"I've never had a ghost experience, it's not my thing."?
I don't think it matters if it is your thing or not, you don't get to chose. They chose you.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Im not sure but they are real. I have a photo to prove it. Once i reach my psting limit you will see!! I would imagine they would decide. Just as you do.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

I think what we see is the residual self image of the spirit´s past life

Somewhat related,

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Full body, natural appearing human apparitions are not material manifestations. They just aren't. The issue of clothing isn't an issue, since they aren't material clothes either. These are images and nothing more than images, regardless of whether they are environmental-residual in nature or purposely implanted into the perception circuitry of the witnessing mind's brain by the actual intelligent entity that is being represented by the image in question. In either case, the clothing is integral to the image, since this is what the perceiving mind would innately anticipate that such an image would include - being that clothing is, in fact, integral to what that image seeks to represent, relative to the perception of the intended target mind, in an otherwise normal and therefore recognizable circumstance involving the person being replicated by the image apparition. The representation of the clothing itself is what is known as necessary context relative to the whole image that is serving to represent the actual person - whether having ever lived or not - to the perceiving senses of the corporeal human being that's been targeted with this specific presentation. There's no mystery here. Certainly no physics anomaly.
edit on 1/12/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The ghost I see most often just appears as a face, so I'm not sure what he's wearing. Mostly though I think you are stuck in the clothes you became a ghost in. :p

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The ghost I see most often just appears as a face, so I'm not sure what he's wearing. Mostly though I think you are stuck in the clothes you became a ghost in. :p

I plan on being totally naked when I become a ghost. Just to prove that this isn't true.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiverseal

I look forward to seeing your photo. I thought about taking one of my favorite, but I never did, as I felt like I would be breaking her trust and would ruin our relationship.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Imagine being killed on a bad hair day, I would become a vengeful spirit for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiverseal

For the second time...you've exceeded your 20 post count to start a thread...stop teasing us about this pic and get posting it

Brilliant Post NorEaster, couldn't have put it better myself

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
since most people die in hospital gowns, how come we never see Ghosts with their bare butts hanging out.....
Maybe the question shouldn't be "who chooses the clothes" more "are Ghost afraid to bare their bottoms in fear of ridicule....

edit on 15-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join