It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who choses what clothes Ghosts wear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And why do they usually appear clothed (as opposed to naked) and only from around waist, up?

Aren't ghosts supposed to be real-time, interactive human spirit energy? So why would their manifestations including particular clothing, which are purely something synthetic and varied.

Could the observation of clothes hint that these manifestations are more on the side of observer-created poltergeists, or some sort of "memory of the atmosphere" in certain spots?

(As opposed to portals and true entities which are usually foggy blackish cloaked)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have never seen a ghost in my life but I have come across energy beings more than one time. White light beings.

I suppose ghost's are energy too ??
Perhaps someone who has come across ghosts can enlighten us.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Since they should have access to Bill Blass, Roy Frowick and Yves Saint Laurent, it should be somewhat probable that they are behind at least some of the outfits?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Q: Who choses what clothes Ghosts wear?

A: Their Mummies!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Don't they die in what they where wearing? I'm happy with that idea, when I get old I'm going to put loads of clothes on, it must be chilly floating around everywhere

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Ghosts as in previous humans, will usually wear what they were use to wearing when they were here. It is more of showing others whom they were.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Great question, it made me laugh the whole time I was waiting for the page to open.

Mummies.... get outta here. Ya'll crack me up!

Looking forward to more responses.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I always worry that I'll be stuck for eternity in the outfit if I'm killed on a bad clothes day.

(Not really, but there's a part of me that wonders...)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

I think the clothes they wear are the clothes they were wearing when they died.

I spent about 10 years living with ghost, 7 of those as an adult. But as an adult, I can only see them while I am asleep, or unconscious, or whatever the state is. Sometimes I have seen them naked. It just depends on what they want out of you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Naked hehe, he sees dead naked people

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Personally, I believe the ghosts seen in period clothing aren't sentient/self aware spirits but echos of the past. I've never come across reports of interaction from or activity out of a ghost that was actually seen well enough to determine clothing and the time frame it'd be from. The 'active' entities or dangerous ones seem to be far more ..vague in shape and substance if they ever choose or are able to manifest at all.

Echos of timelines long run through... That's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't find it any more astounding that ghosts show up in clothing as ghosts show up at all. Why is it any stranger to manifest a favorite t-shirt as it is to manifest hair, or an arm, or a hand? Spirit energy is not more connected to our clothing than it is to our body, as I understand it.

Why take a humanoid form at all?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Between the lemur and the MST3K... I think I'm in love. Haha!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I seen and talked to a ghost, or time apparition, dressed in the same period clothes it / he was wearing in a painting of him that was in the castle.

Looking exactly like this, exact face, mannerisms, similar if not the same clothes and as real as day, I believed it was a real person until no one else saw or could hear them.

edit on 9-1-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VegHead
Between the lemur and the MST3K... I think I'm in love. Haha!

Tom Servo salutes you!

This discussion reminds me of a similar one, that is, the question of what chronological age ghosts are. It seems like child ghosts are always children, but adult ghosts aren't necessarily the age they were when they died. Otherwise, many more ghosts would be old geezers.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Who choses what clothes Ghosts wear?

Whoever doctored the photos, of course!

Serious answer? Ok. It's my thought that if there are ghosts, they are simply like a recording burned into the surroundings, perhaps caused by the trauma of their death or the love for the area they had in life. If that's the case, then what compels you to wear the clothes you are wearing now? Fashion of the times? The need to fit in with peers? Social or economic status?

Same goes for them in their original time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am not an expert in the paranormal but I have thought this as well.

It may go with the 'loop theory' where the entity is stuck in a looped part of their life. To me, this would explain the clothing because they are stuck in a spot where all parts of their energies were recorded somehow.

The shadow people may be the intelligent spirits whilst clothed spirits may be residual memories recorded by means we are yet to discover. I am somewhat new to researching the paranormal and have yet witnessed with my own eyes apparitions. I have done evp sessions and have captured voices. I am not certain these are actual spirits or perhaps just audio waves somehow captured on my audio device.

I remain skeptically open minded while doing my research. We know we can capture sights and sound with recording devices, perhaps certain environments can somehow do something similar. As to how we can see these anomalies, I have no idea. I am yet to see them myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
And why do they usually appear clothed (as opposed to naked) and only from around waist, up?

Aren't ghosts supposed to be real-time, interactive human spirit energy? So why would their manifestations including particular clothing, which are purely something synthetic and varied.

Could the observation of clothes hint that these manifestations are more on the side of observer-created poltergeists, or some sort of "memory of the atmosphere" in certain spots?

(As opposed to portals and true entities which are usually foggy blackish cloaked)

Ghosts are not the dead from the past. What you're wittnessing when you see ghosts are magnetic time distortions caused by the Earth's magnetic ley lines and often areas high in limestone deposits. That is why ghosts have that faint or hazy look to them, because you're seeing into the past. That's also why they're wearing clothing, they're not dead, they're alive. Past, present, and MAYBE future exist all at the same time.

Magnetic time distortion. Natural time travel. A brief glimpse into the past. It happens in waves or ripples, if you will. These time ripples come in various "distances of time" which is why we see moments from 100 years or 50 years ago. It depends on the size of wave...the magnetic time ripple/distortion.
edit on 9/1/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

The ghosts I seen were super real, and they talked directly, even saying who they were and I had no prior knowledge of one because I was a child, the second time I knew the person who had recently died and was a close relative.

I truly believed they were real, they looked, sounded and acted real,even their clothes and they picked up things but couldn't sit.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Phantasm

The ghosts I seen were super real, and they talked directly, even saying who they were and I had no prior knowledge of one because I was a child, the second time I knew the person who had recently died and was a close relative.

I truly believed they were real, they looked, sounded and acted real,even their clothes and they picked up things but couldn't sit.

When you say they picked up things, do you mean they levitated solid objects, like a book or something?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join