It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by Screwed

Darn facts? Seriously? You can't even defend your original assertions with facts.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

This is the topic of the thread.
Care to contribute?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Neat tactic there. You said, and I quote, "He is making the power grab and installing himsef as dictator." Yet you can't provide anything to back that up.

You then said, "There are just too many people who won't turn them in." which insinuates that there is an EO coming to require people to turn in firearms, yet you can't provide anything to back that up either.

So now, you want to address what Biden said. Sure, call me dense or a troll or whatever but you cannot even defend what you have written.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by 200Plus

So were you a gun owner for Sport or Hunting?

If so, you wouldn't of minded if the government said " Hey, we're taking away guns due to the fact people keep on getting killed, and there is no real reason for having one"

I don't think killing a defenceless animal or shooting at a target (play killing) is a reason to own a gun.

So, as I asked what reason did you have a gun?
Any of the above, or cos it looked nice

What part of the 2nd amendment do you think is meant for the purpose of sport ot hunting, or for that matter home break ins......

The 2nd Amendment isn't for deer, or for crime prevention. It is clearly and always been clearly there as a hedge against the State.....nothing has changed...and it is THE law of the land. No law supercedes that document, and any attempt to without an actual amendment process, will be struck down, and any who would try to enforce such an illegal law commit treason......and people in alot of states have a problem with that.

The 2nd Ammendment is not for Hunting or for Crime.....it is for Tyrants, and would be Tyrants...and that's why they always come for weapons first.

last Aussie or Brit....Fabian, or Fabian's mutt....either way same idealogy. Your crime went up as a result of gun control as well. You can tell us all day how much better you feel after being neutered, but we're not going willingly to the vet with you. You can keep your balls in a jar if you like, we'll keep ours on our persons.
edit on 10/1/2013 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by 200Plus

So were you a gun owner for Sport or Hunting?

If so, you wouldn't of minded if the government said " Hey, we're taking away guns due to the fact people keep on getting killed, and there is no real reason for having one"

I don't think killing a defenceless animal or shooting at a target (play killing) is a reason to own a gun.

So, as I asked what reason did you have a gun?
Any of the above, or cos it looked nice

go to alaska and get out of towns.

There if you don't have a gun you are BAIT

In many of the big cities in the US you are still bait. and these people will not turn in there guns.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by dieseldyk

275 million privately owned guns.

311 million population

Seem a lot of people in your country are scared of each other.

Do those figures not tell you all you need to know?

Not scared....

Prepared....

You see, you may think that your fists will save you, but this ain't Australia...If they fail you in america, you may get your brains stomped in, they ain't gonna help you up and buy you a pint...lol....

You are, as someone else stated, willfully ignorant. You obviously know very little of combat or about how easily and readily life can be extinguished.

We do not have guns because we are scared of each other, most of us take our guns out and use them for sport and to stay sharp in preparation for possible eventualities.

IOW, we are AWARE...Aware of what can happen, and has historically happened.

You live in a fantasy world as an ostrich with it's head buried if you think that people will not trash your inherent rights just so they can have a little bit more power, if you think that they wouldn't dare kill you or care about you getting killed,.or your property stolen, etc... if it meant their pockets were padded a little.

In the formerly free land that was America, we have seen those freedoms gradually eroded away and we are aware that the ONLY thing that will stop them from taking all of our freedoms and property and liberty is the right to keep and bear arms.

We aren't scared of each other, we are ensuring that those who would take our freedom are SCARED of US!!!!!

Jaden

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

dont let this get to you, because its a tactic they use ..."Youre scared" .....No.....im not scared, im armed....

YOU are scared.....YOU guys are hypocrites, because YOU dont want US to have guns because YOU are scared......

They like to try to turn that around on us, but it just simply doesnt work........and its illogical.......

And if they arent paranoid about guns......then why all the trying to stop them from the american people from being able to have them?

They try to paint us gun owners as crazy people who are scared of their shadow and cling to their firearms........well guess what.......

Were the only ones not afraid......because we can protect ourselves..........you are the ones who should be afraid......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Executive Orders around gun control are a clear infringement on the legislative branch of government. That coupled with the commitment of troops by the president in Libya with out congressional approval may just force congress to move forward with impeachment proceedings. So if there is an EO on gun control, stay tuned for some interesting political maneuvering.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Don't have many Deer in Aus, nor Moose.

Have wild bores though. The dogs take them down before you cut the throats.

no guns?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

reply to post by dieseldyk

275 million privately owned guns.

311 million population

Seem a lot of people in your country are scared of each other.

Do those figures not tell you all you need to know?

You're trolling and your excessive posts are burying the discussion. I'll start with what I posted earlier because you ask a question and then drop the subject matter immediately after an answer is presented.

Like I said, if you lived here in the United States where we have the right to bear arms, then I would say you have the right to own a gun and the choice on whether to exercise that right or not belongs to you. Nothing more practical than that needs to be stated.

If you have a right there is no need to rationalize your exercise of it to someone else. I have a right to vote so I vote, You don't ask someone why is it necessary to vote, or why do you need to vote. The exercise of a right is the justification in and of itself. I have the right to own a gun so I own a gun. There is nothing fearful about exercising a right rather rights empower people. Further, if someone wants to limit my rights then its incumbent on them to rationalize why that is necessary. You see, you have the entire argument turned inside out and its like trying to find that special spot on your first girlfriend and you say is this it and she says nope not it etc etc etc.

To be blunt, its my right, you want to take it away, then you make a rational argument for doing so. Then I'll come back at you at say we need to find the solution that accords with the constitutionally protected rights in the second amendment and that we should arm the teachers. There is not much else to say.

BTW the w. bush and the weapons of mass destruction lie and the holding out of the 911 victims as martyrs to justify a war really taught a lot of people about the government using tragedy and lies to push agendas. IMO what you perceive as fear is not fear, its anger and while civil war is an over statement of what will happen, I guarantee you that in two years time the congress is going to turn gop and we might see Obama impeached over fast and furious because there the government put guns in the hands of a mexican drug cartel to support that cartel in its fight with the other cartels and to receive intelligence on other cartels. The government then tried to use the sale of guns to the cartel as an excuse for gun control. Well to say that that blew up in there face is an understatement. IMO Obama is directly culpable for the death of the border patrol agent that was shot and killed with a gun linked to fast and furious.

Like I said, its not fear, its anger. And its up to gun control nuts to justify their angst. As for me I'll just rely on the constitution thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think we're taking the wrong approach.
If you watch a cartoon about violence and the end result's, it has a better effect.

That's what we've dumbed down to.

Cool graphics and a message.

www.youtube.com...

I think we all need to take a step back and share a moment.

I half kid. The other half takes the message seriously.

We're doomed.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join