It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Why the need to equate owning a gun to fear?

Do you have lights in your house? If you do, why are you so afraid of the dark?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yeah, I get it alright. Your exactly the type of person that should not have a gun.\

Get it?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

What? I have lights becasue it's dark and I can't see in the dark?

Crap analogy.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
PRESS RELEASE
January 7, 2013
For Immediate Release
Yvette Heyliger, Twinbiz
[email protected]

Artists Are Called To Action
Call for Plays, Gun Control
NEW YORK, NY - January 7- On January 19th, just two days before the President Obama's inauguration, Americans will be celebrating the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. during the National Day of Service. On this day the President will be asking Americans to make an ongoing commitment in their communities, focusing on seven issue areas: health, faith, education, the environment, honoring our veterans, community resilience, and economic development.

For the National Day of Service, Twinbiz will be supporting a Theatre Action organized by NoPassport, an artist-driven, grass-roots theatre alliance & press founded by playwright Caridad Svich (2012 OBIE) devoted to cross-cultural, Pan-American performance, theory, action, advocacy, and publication. Twinbiz, writes, directs and produces original works for the theatre, with a special interest in social change, so we are very excited to support NoPassport in this important effort highlighting community resilience.

NoPassport invites dramatists, storytellers and poets to send work in the 3-7 minute range and take part in a Theatre Action from January 26-28, to coincide with the March on Washington for Gun Control organized by Molly Smith, who is leading this March as a citizen activist with her partner Suzanne Blue Star Boy. The pieces must be sent by January 15, 2013 to [email protected] and able to be read/performed script in hand, no frills. To learn more about this Theatre Action please visit www.nopassport.org...

Writers who want to gather informally to share/discuss their comleted pieces or works in progress on gun control on the National Day of Service, January 19th, at a place and time TBA, please RSVP to Yvette Heyliger, National Day of Service Event Leader at [email protected].

President Obama said, "We are not going to get this done unless the American people decide it's important." Citizen artists cannot ignore this call to serve! Lend your gifts and talents to this important, life-saving issue NOW, while the Newtown tragedy is still fresh in the hearts and minds of our leaders and fellow citizens. Please forward this email to playwrights, poets and storytellers!

Yvette Heyliger
National Day of Service Event Leader and Organizing Fellow
Twinbiz

To learn more about or sign up for the March on Washington for Gun Control on Saturday, January 24th at 10am, please visit www.facebook.com...

# # #

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You say gun ownership is a sign of fear. It's a statement made in an attempt to belittle gun owners. It's an emotional ploy. Crap tactic.

I used to be a gun owner, but not because I was afraid. My list of fears:

1) sharks
2) fat girls with duct tape

A gun would be very little use against either of my fears so.............

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So Obama uses executive order to ban guns, the people revolt and civil war ensues, Obama declares martial law, everything goes to hell in a handbasket. Its going to get ugly and stay ugly for a long while.

link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

You say gun ownership is a sign of fear. It's a statement made in an attempt to belittle gun owners. It's an emotional ploy. Crap tactic.

I used to be a gun owner, but not because I was afraid. My list of fears:

1) sharks
2) fat girls with duct tape

A gun would be very little use against either of my fears so.............

Thank you for interjecting some comedy into this mess. "Fat girls with duct tape", I almost spit a delicious carbonated alcoholic beverage out of my face hole.

link   

He is making the power grab and installing himself as dictator

Yeah, right.

Civil War is on the way if he does this

Maybe in Kentucky, not most of the country.

There are just too many people who won't turn them in.

If you seriously think he is going to try to take everyone's guns away you are delusional.

link   

Yeah, I get it alright. Your exactly the type of person that should not have a gun.

Get it?

Another attempt at emotional trolling and it will get you nowhere. I have been on these boards a long time and I can see this crap coming from a mile away.

I know ALL of the tactics people like you use and it quite simply doesn't work on me.

Try someone else.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You mind answering my questions on page 7, you may have missed it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

So were you a gun owner for Sport or Hunting?

If so, you wouldn't of minded if the government said " Hey, we're taking away guns due to the fact people keep on getting killed, and there is no real reason for having one"

I don't think killing a defenceless animal or shooting at a target (play killing) is a reason to own a gun.

So, as I asked what reason did you have a gun?
Any of the above, or cos it looked nice

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Your question was rhetorical in nature and deserved no response.
The answer is easy and many other people seemed to have it figured out.
I don't have a crystal ball.
It really is easier than that.
If you are honestly dense enough to not know the answers to your questions then there is nothing I can do for you anyway. But, due to my time on these forums, experience tells me you are emotionally trolling as well.

Try someone else.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Mate, your the one with the problem. Your the one agressively bating.

You have had your say and you don't like my response, you call it trolling? No, you're wrong.

I call it an answer and a question. With a smattering of fact for good measure.

You need to take a chill pill mate.

This is an open forum designed to allow anyone, even like myself to make my point of view heard.

So as long as you have your say, I'll have mine.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Because I grew up in Detroit. Because I witnessed first hand what can happen to an unarmed population (Africa and the Middle East), while I served 20 years in the army.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Your mentality is the reason so many millions of people have been slaughtered by their own governments. Oh, that would never happen HERE.

link   
reply to post by Screwed

But, due to my time on these forums, experience tells me you are emotionally trolling as well.

All hail the ATS guru! Watch out guys, he's a grand master in these forums. A real old school member. We should respect him and never ever say anything that might upset him.

Pffft.

link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by DelMar

Your question was rhetorical in nature and deserved no response.
The answer is easy and many other people seemed to have it figured out.
I don't have a crystal ball.
It really is easier than that.
If you are honestly dense enough to not know the answers to your questions then there is nothing I can do for you anyway. But, due to my time on these forums, experience tells me you are emotionally trolling as well.

Try someone else.

That answers all I wanted to know. My questions came directly from your OP. You said Obama would install himself as a dictator. You then said people wouldn't turn in their guns, insinuating that Obama is going to sign an EO saying people should turn in their guns.

You obviously have nothing to base that on other than your own fear. Fear which is unfounded but somehow you believe it to be true.

I'm sure you'll come back on here and state how wrong you were when neither of those things happen, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

Because I grew up in Detroit. Because I witnessed first hand what can happen to an unarmed population (Africa and the Middle East), while I served 20 years in the army.

Should have moved to Chicago, they are much better with all of ther gun control.

damn facts.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by Screwed

But, due to my time on these forums, experience tells me you are emotionally trolling as well.

All hail the ATS guru! Watch out guys, he's a grand master in these forums. A real old school member. We should respect him and never ever say anything that might upset him.

Pffft.

another attempt at emotional trolling AS WELL AS attempting to rally support from other members.

Won't work mate.
Try again.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Darn facts? Seriously? You can't even defend your original assertions with facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join