Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

What if he doesn't plan on leaving in 4 years....?
What if he decides to cancel the next election??
edit on 9-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by AwakeinNM

What if he doesn't plan on leaving in 4 years....?
What if he decides to cancel the next election??
edit on 9-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

Hell if he can undermine the 2nd Amendment with an EO he can simply declare himself king with an EO.

What do we need congress for? What do we need a constitution for?

Stroke of the pen law of the land?

They are treading on VERY dangerous ground.
edit on 9-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ForkandSpoon

The boston massacre was committed by the british. Is there one event the American colonies did that caused blood shed prior to the British invasion? And by British invasion I mean the "one if by land, two if by sea" invasion, not the ongoing occupation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from some theft of tea, I was taught that the real violence happened After the British invaded.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Fork and Spoon? I notice from your Profile it states "Knight Templar"? Care to ellaborate? I am a direct descendant. I would very much like to find out who you are. I'm not going to tell you my surname on this thread, but I would however divuldge that info via PM if you too are infact a descendant Templar?

I'm guessing you're not.

I am actually a descendent of someone who fought with them....but here it is in reference to the Masonic York Rite... in American masonry, the York combines the Royal Arch, Cryptic masonry, and the Knights Templar into one institution it's different over seas. It is particularly also connected to many of the earliest founding fathers as well, ya know those "violent" people. Also some national brothers from abroad such as Lafayette...

I have to say honestly given your posts above, you do not represent the sentiment of the actual Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ very well. After all they found out first hand what Tyranny does for you.... what government is, and does, and the Tyrants found out first hand what a dedicated brotherhood can do later. As did Tyrant after Tyrant and the pretenders in Rome..... that sentiment never died.... as long as the dream was fulfilled it has slept maybe even grown fat..... but it can be awakened. Virtus junxit, mors non separabit

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

He is moving on from me over to you because I have brought up some points which are quite uncomforatable to have to admit when you take the stance he has taken so, he is now going to divert attention to attacking someone elses stance.

OLD and TIRED tactic!
Bouncing from one to the next with no intention whatsoever of having any sort of productive dialogue.
Just ad hominim attacks.

Stick and move, stick and move.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Can't this "threat" be something that was calculated to soften opposition to a less radical alteration or a distraction to shift the focus of attention from other subjects. There is some strategic value in seeming a raging lunatic that is almost at a point of go beyond any chance of compromise.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I would really like to see the GOP House leadership lock in their heels and refuse to bring any new gun legislation to the floor for a vote. If Obama then tries to overstep his authority by issuing some type of Executive Order to institute gun control. The House by all rights should impeach him. I know that would get nowhere in the Democratic Senate but it would show that even what is supposed to be the senior legislative body ignores its own rights over party loyalty and might, just might, spur the States and or the Armed forces into action to restore the Constitution.

I really think the rhetoric from anti-Second Amendment forces has gone over the top. They need to tone it down. I'm not sure they realize that things are a lot different than when they passed the AWB in '93. We are a much more divided country right now: politically, economically, demographically, and racially; the economy now is a pale shadow of what it was in '93 we were already out of a recession and into the start of a multi-year economic expansion, and the anti-2nd forces owned all the MSM and had no competition from the web and alternative media. At best I feel they are dangerously unaware of the passion this issue raises and at worst they might be trying to spark some type of reaction from pro-2nd individuals to cement their goal of total disarmament of the American people.

I hear the argument on here often that we've been defecated on by the government in various ways these past few decades and have not exercised our Natural Right to remove and replace our government. The best counter I have to that argument is

ll experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Can you imagine a government that has done all the things we talk about here on ATS daily to an armed citizenry would do to an unarmed citizenry? We need only to look at the atrocities carried out by governments in the 20th Century for relevant examples.

I've had this discussion with several people in my life lately. I admit that there is virtually no one that matters in my life that supports any expansion of gun control. Our discussions have been more along the lines of what our breaking point is, and what is our line where it is morally appropriate to resist/revolt. Most of the folks I've had this discussion with are veterans. I'm not comfortable at this time discussing where that line is in a public forum.

I am a veteran myself and I understand the consequences, and what my life expectancy would be should the liars and thieves in charge of this country cross my line. The moral question I'm trying to work out for myself isn't so much is if I'm willing to die to protect my right to bear arms. I swore an Oath "to protect the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic" when I was barely 18 years old. The greatest enemies of our Constitution reside not in foreign capitals or caves in lawless states, but on Wall Street, K Street, the halls of Congress, and in the Main Stream Media. As someone who believes that someday I will stand before the Creator and have to answer for my actions in this life the moral question I'm still looking for the answer for isn't am I willing to die to protect this right, but at what point am I willing to kill to protect it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I do not believe Executive Orders will work to allow the government to take guns as the courts would over rule most of them within months.
Find a place to hide your guns and don't tell anyone where.

Then when they come for your guns take the 5th.

There are not enough cops to collect all the guns and the Posse Comitatus Act forbids them using federal troops without congress acting to repeal the act. and the courts upholding the congress and the President.
nether are likely to happen.
en.wikipedia.org...

Plus there are a number of states that there governors would call out the state National guard to block the federal actions.

the President might be able to do a number of small things to cause problems like limit the sale of ammo or stop the sale of more then one gun to a person every 6 months.
but major actions are unlikely.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules

The boston massacre was committed by the british. Is there one event the American colonies did that caused blood shed prior to the British invasion? And by British invasion I mean the "one if by land, two if by sea" invasion, not the ongoing occupation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from some theft of tea, I was taught that the real violence happened After the British invaded.

Well You may want to read up again. unless your confusing the continental congress with the actual declaration....the Battle of Lexington and Concord, and Bunker Hill were all pre Declaration of Independence. Actually the first Congress was done in secret, certainly nothing was signed...again after all it was treason.... The second congress established the Army, made George it's commander...and only after a result of those talks did they decide to put sentiment into words and create the Declaration....I think it was only after those first battles they realized they only had two courses left to them, to submit to even harsher injustices....or revolt. But when they chose to revolt they all likely thought they would fail, no one after all had succeeded before. The men who signed it, signed knowing full well they would most likely either be killed or hunted for the rest of their life. It certainly shored up resolve.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Take out the "FUC" (F**k *U* Constitution) out of FU*KING and what do you have?
Why KING, of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

And had this revolt taken place in England instead of in the colonies....it would have likely failed.

link   
reply to post by Screwed

A Saul Alinsky disciple perhaps. Certainly appears to follow the rules for radicals manifesto.

link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

And had this revolt taken place in England instead of in the colonies....it would have likely failed.

No doubt about it...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Yes I was mistaken that battles began before the dec. of independence but it further proves my point that even after the battles they still had the decency to formally declare their independence, which was a rebuttal to the other poster who claimed that the american revolution was unintelligent. But still, the British fired first, did they not? There were no offensive colonial moves other than appointing a commander which itsef is a nonviolent action. I would be surprised if that is wrong. The British attacked simply because America became defiant not because they became violent.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Didn't have a chance to read all of this but wanted to make this point so sorry if it has already been made.

This just has me so mad......(er, and I don't even own guns...)

People seem to be SO passive about a possible registry...on any level. Like it is OK to have a registry if it means not completely banning the assault weapons. That is still allowing them to tell us - a supposedly free people - what we can and can't own so it isn't OK....and furthermore a registry just tells them where to knock. Perhaps this is only the first step, maybe they don't really intend to do anything other than slowly barter away our rights and privacy because people will be eager to register (like they have been granted some privilege) in order to keep their guns. It's just wrong.

I would just like to take this opportunity, once again, to thank all the useful idiot lowly informed voters that handed us this mess AGAIN.
edit on 1/9/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

"We are a country FOUNDED ..........LITERALLY FOUNDED, on VIOLENT revolution!
This is what is known as a.........FACT!!!!

We WOULD NOT BE A COUNTRY TODAY if it weren't for VIOLENT revolution1
This is another one of those things called FACT!!!"

As I said, you must be so proud of your heritage. My original country was also a violent one, one that controlled most of the world at one point. We still do have our flag emblazoned on other countries flags such as Australia and Canada to name a couple. I am not proud of my countries past. I am not proud the Death and murder that others endured to become associated with my country.

Your country is young and with all things young you’re gonna have teething problems. You have a history that is correct, violent and horrible but that does not mean it has to be so for the foreseeable future.

Most countries stray away from violence, yours tends to inflict it on the rest of the world, whether they want it or not. Fact.

Just because something happened a long time ago does not mean it should happen again.
It will not happen again because most people (thank god) in your country don't think like you.
In fact, I would go as far to say that most people won't oppose a bill that makes you're silly little guns illiegal, but I know you will fight it, because you're a fighter, you don't even like anyone else from another country having there say in your little forum for little boys with big guns.

Social Media, better informed and educated people, news broadcasts, LAW are just a few things stopping what you would like to happen from happening.

People know these days the implications of their actions and what will happen to them if they violently oppose the Law.

The force is greater nowadays in your country and has a greater retaliatory response if you do try and gang up on it. It will hurt you!

You can loud mouth all you want, and as I said it falls on deaf ears. It's sad you can't see it from the rest of the world’s eyes. Very sad, but then again........it is your thread.

Good on ya champ, Here's some sad facts about your country:

Something to be real proud about

edit on 9-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: pics

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I do not believe Executive Orders will work to allow the government to take guns as the courts would over rule most of them within months.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. We have what? Two Suprime Court (sorry, not sure who) judges up for possible retirement, obama gets one or two out of there and his in, then he has control of the highest court in the land. Who do you think they'll vote in favor of, the people or obama?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

To ameliorate your decision-making process it might help to know that the original text of the Decalogue (X Commandments in the Bible) was Not that "Thou shalt not kill" but rather that "Thou shalt not commit murder". Thus one has the right to Kill in Self Defense....Then there are the stories in the Old Testament but I will leave it there.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well,
there might be a bit more to it then that....umm the Boston Massacre may or may not have been an accident, many think it was pretty much a set up trying to entice the British to resort to violence. The british in question were not well trained, and surrounded by a mob who was becoming rather beligerant. Arguments on both sides are good, without a time machine no way to know. however forget the first shot... The power to tax is the power to destroy. When you make criminals of honest men by legislating the heck out of them....they having no course left will learn to be efficent criminals..... These men in question however were particuarly good at molding public sentiment....and they had a great deal of support back in England as well.

The declaration regardless of who it was addressed to was more for Americans to rally support, and perhaps to Europe for any who might enjoying funding a British black eye, or even come join, there were no shortage of Europeans who either disliked Tyrants in general, or the British. the reality is MANY in Britians political circle itself in parliment also helped and supported the American Revolution as they wer at odds with the pwers that be, and it was convenient for them as well.

In history books everything is neat and ordered with lines of good guys and bad guys......actual history you live through is wheels within wheels.
edit on 9/1/2013 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OMG I have just had an epiphany.

You guys are all talking about something that happened hundreds of years ago like it was yesterday????

You actually think that way? Like (it's the Good old' days!)

Are you the same guys that dress up at weekends with your musket? and go play fight?

You sad little boys

I just got it, sorry it took me so long!

Cheers then, I'm off see ya!

Good luck with the gun thing

dear oh dear I'm waisting my time, your all nerds!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant