It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I remember the last time I called 911 It took the police over 10 minutes to arrive to my home living in the middle of the city of 60k people. Someone tried to hot wire steal my vehicle from my own driveway. It looked as though he had a black thing in his hand like a tire iron. I chased him off with a baseball bat, that I much preferred to have been a 12 gauge shotgun. Whoever it was he was quite cunning to do so much to the vehicle without the alarm going off, but it finally did.

I get out there to find out why the alarm is screeching.... door's to the vehicle are wide open, fuse box under the dash open, hood to the motor is open and the battery partially disconnected. A person violating your private property to rob you, or to do bodily harm has no rights and that's the way it should be. A lot can happen in 10 minutes in a confrontation. I figure if he has the guts to steal my vehicle out of my driveway while I am watching TV then he knows the consequences of his actions and forfeits his life if caught. If I had been armed that night 10 years ago I would have shot the bastard.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The one thing I do fear is knifes as they are silent yes you are more able to protect yourself but I have had a knife drawn and a gun on me the one I feared most was the knife because you have to have real intent when using a knife. Because of these things that have happened to me I live in the real world and realized there are criminals and mentally deranged people and that to cant legislate to either of these groups of people.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Brit-Tex because: Missed out something

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by Brit-Tex
I am originally from the UK I now live in the great state of Texas, I now own guns because it is a right the constitution grants the American public. What people fail to understand is there are a lot of weapons in the UK I grew up in a rural area of the UK and we did go shooting and so fourth, I could go to anyone of these friends houses or my parents and obtain a gun very easily, shooting and firearms are a way of life in the country in the UK, you are taught from a young age to respect them and use them correctly.
So when I moved here to Texas I got into hunting and bought firearms I am respectful and I love the constitution that it gives us the right to own firearms legally, for sport or defense.
Please look deeper than crime stats to prove some ignorant point about guns the majority of these gun deaths are in places where gangs and criminals are using them against each other, but I sure feel alot safer in my house knowing I can protect my self in the same manner as what a criminal is using.
To my fellow Brits who harp on about the outdated 2nd amendment please remember in the USA they fought a war for thier freedoms and the founding fathers knew this might happen again if not in there life time but many decades or centuries in the future and they gave us the right to be able to stop it.

Do you feel your kids are safe at school? In the UK, that fear is non-existent. You love the 2nd Amendment because you haven't felt the devastating consequences of it yet.

I bet the chavs "tool-up" quite often with knives during football matches especially liverpool, manchester united, arsenal and the smaller teams. They get together after matches and show each other who is boss?

I would rather it be knifes than guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to why they don't deal with real criminals...such as corrupt bankers and well:

?
edit on 10-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: img

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling

Originally posted by eLPresidente
They are testing us to see where we draw the lines.

We didn't fight hard enough against the wars, the vaccines, the gmo, the corruption but if they cross the line with guns, it might be game over for them.

Every American should know the bill of rights is unalienable and every American should fight for all 10 of the bill of rights as equally as they would fight for the first amendment.

We are on the right side of history folks, nothing to worry about. Let them test us and let them see where the lines will be drawn.

Yeah, and today, yet another school shooting. In the history of this country, have we ever had so many shootings in succession? Nope. Why now? They need more leverage to push their executive order through. This is not a surprise, it is expected. Most people here have said they will continue with the incidences to ramp up the game, and they have.

As a country we need to unite because tptb count on our division.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

Or maybe lunatics are deciding to copycat? Oh wait,no, that wouldn't fit in to your paranoid delusion would it? Ah the mystical "TPTB", seemingly behind everything. They must sit in a smoke filled room, discussing their evil plans, while laughing at true patriots like you trying to defend the Republic! Their plan for world domination is nearly complete, only a band of ATS hillbillies can stop them. DENY IGNORANCE!

Wow, this made me laugh. You are hilarious. Thank you for the laugh.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I am originally from the UK I now live in the great state of Texas, I now own guns because it is a right the constitution grants the American public. What people fail to understand is there are a lot of weapons in the UK I grew up in a rural area of the UK and we did go shooting and so fourth, I could go to anyone of these friends houses or my parents and obtain a gun very easily, shooting and firearms are a way of life in the country in the UK, you are taught from a young age to respect them and use them correctly.
So when I moved here to Texas I got into hunting and bought firearms I am respectful and I love the constitution that it gives us the right to own firearms legally, for sport or defense.
Please look deeper than crime stats to prove some ignorant point about guns the majority of these gun deaths are in places where gangs and criminals are using them against each other, but I sure feel alot safer in my house knowing I can protect my self in the same manner as what a criminal is using.
To my fellow Brits who harp on about the outdated 2nd amendment please remember in the USA they fought a war for thier freedoms and the founding fathers knew this might happen again if not in there life time but many decades or centuries in the future and they gave us the right to be able to stop it.

Do you feel your kids are safe at school? In the UK, that fear is non-existent. You love the 2nd Amendment because you haven't felt the devastating consequences of it yet.

I bet the chavs "tool-up" quite often with knives during football matches especially liverpool, manchester united, arsenal and the smaller teams. They get together after matches and show each other who is boss?

No no! We need to ban knives too. Cut your steak with a chop stick. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyandi
reply to post by DerekJR321

I really hope for the sake of our children that this will not happen .. it's nothing worse than the experience of war and it's effect on people .. but probably there is no way out of it if we continue to go this path!

For the sake of our children, we need to fight for our freedoms, or watch them become slaves of their govt, the way other people in other countries have.

Look at how complicit some of the people that are posting in this thread are. They even laugh about their own slavery and cut us down and call us paranoid delusional. I feel so sorry for them, because they laid down and let their freedoms be stolen from them. So they come here to get out their aggression and troll people. They don't know what else to do with themselves. They accept their situation though, and put us down because we don't want to become like their country.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Truth be told.. if Obama decides to use Executive Order to put a ban on weapons, then he has doomed this country. There WILL be a revolution.

Obama isn't trying to ban weapons, he's trying to improve the REGULATION of guns. Get a clue.

There’s an emerging set of recommendations, not coming from me, but coming from the groups we’ve met with, and I’m gonna focus on the ones that relate primarily to gun ownership, what types of weapons can be owned.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

Straight from the VP and he isn't talking about regulation, he is talking OWNERSHIP.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The one thing I do fear is knifes as they are silent yes you are more able to protect yourself but I have had a knife drawn and a gun on me the one I feared most was the knife because you have to have real intent when using a knife. Because of these things that have happened to me I live in the real world and realized there are criminals and mentally deranged people and that to cant legislate to either of these groups of people.

No, you can't. You can only minimize the possible risk they offer. Surely the logical way to do this is to keep things like guns out of their hands?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Come and take em Cynicaleye! Liberty or death is the motto this country was founded on!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I fully understand the shady dealings the United States Government has carried out over the years, that was never in dispute. What I'm disputing is the theory that all gun-crime is organised by some secret branch of the Government which HATES LIBERTY AND WANTS TO TAKE YOUR FREEDOM!

For a site which claims to deny ignorance, it embraces it far too much.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

So the american government that has declared war on libya, afghanistan, iraq(twice), helping syrian rebels, somalia, the british and french against libya are not capable of hating american liberty and wanting to take it away?

You do realise that 9-11-2001 was a false flag done by mossad and cia, correct? And that all this monsterous beauracracy was born as a result; including the tsa airport scanners and perverts that feel you up, including children?

Governments on the verge of financial bankruptcy almost each year become quite unstable. Who do you think is orchestrating the fiscal cliff in the usa and the huge unemployment in southern europe? I bet you are naive and think nothing of anything.

The government and police are capable of no wrong. Lets not forget Occupy wall street and how cop provacateurs infiltrated the rallies and caused problems so that the regular cops could arrest enmasse.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Repeat, To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! This goverment sponsors the death of hundreds if not thousands of children in Syria today. Kills children and other inocents with drones daily. Sponsored the killing of tens of thousands in Iraq and beyond. To sit and pretend that American children are somehow special is 100% BS!

Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Mao’s China, Pol Pot’s Cambodia, etc, all contained disarmed populations. The guns were gone, and as a result millions upon millions died! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

Less than 500 per year die from assault rifles! We have a gang/drug problem in this country not a gun problem!

America is ripe for Fascism friend. Our highest offices go to the highest bidder!

The right of the people to keep and bear arms is critical to the security of a free state.

The Patriot Acts, the FISA domestic spy bill, the bailouts of corrupt international banks, attempts at CISPA and SOPA, actions like the NDAA authorizing the treatment of U.S. citizens as “enemy combatants” without rights to due process; all paint a picture so clear only a one-celled amoeba (or your average suburban yuppie) would not see it. You and I, and everyone else for that matter, have been designated potential targets of the state.

White House wins fight to keep assassinations of Americans secret
rt.com...

AMERICA IS CORRUPT TO THE CORE!

If the people of a state vote to enact Gun legislation then so be it, but why does the Federal Goverment need to be involved? It is a power grab! Currently they threaten us with a ban with no representation whatsoever! Executive orders etc..

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a #ing duck people!

This is not a debate it is a call to arms!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling

For the sake of our children, we need to fight for our freedoms, or watch them become slaves of their govt, the way other people in other countries have.

Freedom?

Freedom to own a machine designed to kill?

Sounds a lot more like a PRIVILEGE to me.... a privilege that you Americans definitely do not deserve.

Arrogant, stupid, reactionary, filled with hate... clearly not responsible enough to own a gun. Hardly responsible enough to wield a fork.

I hate to paint you all with the same brush, because I know that it's not fair, but... those who are deserving of guns are the EXCEPTION, not the RULE.
edit on 10-1-2013 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No, you can't. You can only minimize the possible risk they offer. Surely the logical way to do this is to keep things like guns out of their hands?

But the problems is by limiting the access to law abiding citizens you don't limit the access to these two groups criminals are outside the law by definition, and the mentally ill will find ways, so how does taking the rights of law abiding citizens help I don't see it sorry, I could go back to the UK, and see some people and have a handgun or a semi automatic within a few hrs because there is a black market for something that is illegal. Again you can't legislate to criminals and the mentally ill because they are outside the law.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Come and take em Spacey!

blog.beliefnet.com...

“Then they took our guns

“Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

Kitty Werthmann

“No more freedom of speech. Anyone who said something against the government was taken away. We knew many people who were arrested, not only Jews, but also priests and ministers who spoke up.

“Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”

“This is my eye-witness account."

“It’s true. Those of us who sailed past the Statue of Liberty came to a country of unbelievable freedom and opportunity.

“America is truly is the greatest country in the world.

“Don’t let freedom slip away.

“After America, there is no place to go.”

Oh sorry, I forgot it is against the law for you to discuss anything Nazi related!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'll leave that to your elected officials, god help them.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Fat chance!

Elections can be bought in America, but at the end of the day none can trespass to far because American citizens constitute the largest armed force on the planet! They may posture and do this or that, but to come for the guns is to call for open revolt! If they do manage to pass legislation we will repeal it!

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed! God, aint got nothing to do with it!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Banning guns is like taking an aspirin for a brain tumor. The problem that makes guns a hazard will still exist. No one wants to address that problem because it's too big.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It makes no difference at all what you kill someone with. If someone comes at me with a knife you can bet your last british pound I am going to pop that mother twice in the chest and once in the head. He will be TKOed for life!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join