It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I meant stereotyping an entire unknown foreign nation(I didn't even say that I was from Europe or that soccer is popular where I live, that was just a lucky guess) by what you THINK happens at all soccer games, everywhere(therefore implying we're all uncivilized and we shouldn't even be allowed to carry guns for that obvious reason). For one, neither me nor most of my friends have ever even been to a soccer game - it's more of a TV thing.
In my first post I didn't say that I was either for or against gun control, I just stated that I was getting sick of all of the supporters of the US 2nd Amendment b*tching about it and saying how a second civil war was coming, although I have experienced American mentality myself and know for a fact that there isn't going to be a second civil war and that even if Obama does sign an executive order you're all just gonna sit there and take it. The worst most of you could is obtain a gun illegally. Oh, and also, I actually do think that everyone over 21 should be allowed to bear arms - but that doesn't affect my objectivity when looking at all these threads and seeing how people are afraid of losing their right to bear arms, and yet all they do about it is complain on the internet and say how there is going to be a second civil war, when really, nothing is actually going to happen and everyone is just gonna have to get over it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
About time a President had the balls to ban guns. This has been coming for years and you only have yourselves to blame.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So the if the US gets disarmed, the British are coming back to conquer America? Seems to be the vivid fantasy of all UK comentors here :-D

Last time a power entity tried to do that, it didn't end very well for them ..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by seeker1963

Like I mentioned in another thread, "Do you think when the troops hit the streets, they will be asking if you are a Dem/Rep?"......

Of course not. Because it's never been about party-- a fact which the many party-flag wavers here and elsewhere seem to not realize, or ignore. It's not even about conservative versus liberal (which in recent years has just become another synonym for republican versus democrat). But many have been too busy loudly yelling at each other-- defending the party line-- which I'm sure is just what they've wanted you to do.

Just because "conquer and divide" is older than dirt doesn't mean it's ineffective.

And yes, OP, if legit this is more than a little disconcerting.

that's exactly right. remember that the jellyfish republican made it clear he wpuld support ndaa indef. detention of u..s. citizens -- only paul opposed.

the orders are coming down from the top, like the central bank masters or above. a u.s. dictatorship would only be temporary. this is all about globalism. obama was put there by ptb and he has absolutely no illusions about it (just look at all the white men taking over cabinet now that he's re(s)elected).

repeat--it's about nwo, get it dem/rep-lib/con tards? (i was one myself before i gained an inkling.)

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-1-2013 by ouvertaverite because: youtube not there

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyandi
So the if the US gets disarmed, the British are coming back to conquer America? Seems to be the vivid fantasy of all UK comentors here :-D

No wonder most of your population have shrinks and are on Diazepam. Americans must be the most paranoid nation on earth. The second admendment was fine for the time it was written in, history has moved on, it is no longer needed ............ scrap it!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I reckon you should all protest in the streets of your cities with your guns!!

Show the world you mean business!

We will all feel sorry for you having your rights to own deadly assult weapons quashed!

We will feel your pain America!!!

Meh, who the hell cares. Your country is done for anyway.

And with that kind of sarcastic attitude we are supposed to listen to your opinions on our founding document why exactly? Don't worry, pretty sure we will not feel remorse at having a lack of your pity..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't know - recent development in other countries like Egypt, Syria and Russia aren't really compatible with your suggestion that the 2nd is not modern anymore.

Do you think that countries like the United Kingdom, the United States or even Germany are protected against any form of rouge Government???? Let's hope it never happens, but if it happens, we at least have means to defend ourselves .. while you guys on the Island and the great European Union basically get overrun.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Do you think that countries like the United Kingdom, the United States or even Germany are protected against any form of rouge Government???? Let's hope it never happens, but if it happens, we at least have means to defend ourselves .. while you guys on the Island and the great European Union basically get overrun.

This is the ONLY argument for gun control... and its moronic, to say the least.

You think a marginally armed citizenry will defend you against a ridiculous conspiracy that you have all been banking on for the past 15 years? If "TPTB" (who the hell is that?) are as powerful as you seem to think, then your assault rifle is about as useless as a snowball.

You dont need guns, you certainly shouldn't have guns (judging by your track record...). Having a gun will not stop criminals, dictators, or the red coats.

The degree of access in unbelievable, and results in 30,000 deaths every year. There is no reasonable argument against gun control...

although, there are plenty of unreasonable ones, as has been clearly demonstrated by the ATS readership.

You like the second amendment? Fine, you can own all the muskets you want.

Assault rifles, rocket launchers, high-caliber weapons... necessary? Inbred hicks.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Then they'll run and duck for cover in a bunker.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Hear! Hear!

I agree with all you have just said.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They are testing us to see where we draw the lines.

We didn't fight hard enough against the wars, the vaccines, the gmo, the corruption but if they cross the line with guns, it might be game over for them.

Every American should know the bill of rights is unalienable and every American should fight for all 10 of the bill of rights as equally as they would fight for the first amendment.

We are on the right side of history folks, nothing to worry about. Let them test us and let them see where the lines will be drawn.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

There is no reasonable argument against gun control...

You need to read this before saying silly things like that:

www.largo.org...

Guns and Violence: a summary of the field.

Among Kleck’s findings:

For every use of a gun to commit a crime, there are three-to-four cases of guns being used in self-defense of a crime.
Assault and robbery rates are lower when victims are armed with a gun.
A gun is used in self-defense to protect its owner from crime 2.5 million times per year, an average of once every 13 seconds.
Fifteen percent of the gun defenders interviewed believed someone would have died if they had not been armed. If true, that’s an average of one life saved due to firearm self-defense every 1.3 minutes.
In nearly 75% of the cases, the victim did not know his attackers. In nearly 50% of the cases, he faced at least two attackers and in nearly 25% of the cases, there were three or more attackers. A quarter of the incidents of self-defense occurred away from the home.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Why are people from other countries, who gave up their freedoms, here to troll and create discord among people who live in a country that wants to keep our freedoms? I don't understand. You don't have a dog in this fight, and, it doesn't seem the UK had such a problem with guns back in WW2 when you needed our help.

I guess some of you want to see us go down the drain the same way that you did with your freedoms.

Thing is, and no personal offense, but if I wanted to live like a Canadian, I'd go there. If I wanted to live in London, I'd go there too. Same with Australia. But I don't want to live there. I'm an American and although I hate my govt, I love my country and I like my freedoms.

So, all of you who have chosen the life you have, and enjoy it, go on and enjoy it.... but don't tell me that I should live the way you do. I don't want to. I'm not even a gun owner, but I support the right for my fellow countrymen and women to have one, and we will fight for this right.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Hey America - not all Canadians are like this one.

There are some good ones like me. Don't move an inch on your rights.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ironically, none of these latest Gun Grabbing efforts has anything to do with making our children or the American public safe and everything to do with removing the biggest stumbling block to the goals of the UN and its Globalist Cabal. A Globalist Cabal of which Obama, the Clintons and many others who supposedly serve us, work for.

What disarming the American Public is really about is in part addressed in this documentary:

Global Governance - The Quiet War Against American Independence

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

No wonder most of your population have shrinks and are on Diazepam. Americans must be the most paranoid nation on earth. The second admendment was fine for the time it was written in, history has moved on, it is no longer needed ............ scrap it!

yes, history has indeed moved on, and is coming to a head. don't prejudge, just watch this short vid.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
They are testing us to see where we draw the lines.

We didn't fight hard enough against the wars, the vaccines, the gmo, the corruption but if they cross the line with guns, it might be game over for them.

Every American should know the bill of rights is unalienable and every American should fight for all 10 of the bill of rights as equally as they would fight for the first amendment.

We are on the right side of history folks, nothing to worry about. Let them test us and let them see where the lines will be drawn.

Yeah, and today, yet another school shooting. In the history of this country, have we ever had so many shootings in succession? Nope. Why now? They need more leverage to push their executive order through. This is not a surprise, it is expected. Most people here have said they will continue with the incidences to ramp up the game, and they have.

As a country we need to unite because tptb count on our division.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My track-record? Where did you get my track-record from.

I lived so many years in a system where I just believed all that crap you just tried to unload on me. You are really starting to embrace the American Way once you understand how society and government are controlling you and your personal liberty .. especially in Europe .. not only that - travel to a few countries and learn a bit of their culture - you will realize that the United States is one of the rare countries that find that individual liberty sacred.

I am not saying it's all positive - every society has it's up and downs ... but the US still offers the most freedom...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The recommendations will be:
1) "Universal" Gun Background Checks (not just from a dealer)
2) Ban on Semi-Automatics (covers just about every modern weapon except some pump and double barrel SGs)
3) Ban of High Capacity Magazines (presumably > 10).

It is hard to believe that #2 can past the relaxed constitutional test....even with grandfathering. The NRA and Major Gun Manufacturers will be working OT.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

This is the ONLY argument for gun control... and its moronic, to say the least.

You think a marginally armed citizenry will defend you against a ridiculous conspiracy that you have all been banking on for the past 15 years? If "TPTB" (who the hell is that?) are as powerful as you seem to think, then your assault rifle is about as useless as a snowball.

So why do they want them then if they are useless? And you don't know who the ptb are?

And there have not been many dictatorships throughout the world the last lets say 100 years?

Any protection is better than no protection.

You dont need guns, you certainly shouldn't have guns (judging by your track record...). Having a gun will not stop criminals, dictators, or the red coats.

Whos track record? The governments, the extortion and narcotic rackets, the police or the ordinary citizens?

The degree of access in unbelievable, and results in 30,000 deaths every year. There is no reasonable argument against gun control...

Mostly in states that have tough gun laws and ordinary people cannot defend themselves. They relly on the police that arrives too late!

although, there are plenty of unreasonable ones, as has been clearly demonstrated by the ATS readership.

I have not seen many unreasonable arguements on ATS from the pro-gun crowd, but I have seen plenty of naive anti-gun fools acting arrogant.

You like the second amendment? Fine, you can own all the muskets you want.

They belong in the museum or in peoples living room as show pieces, not to be used for life and death situations because they are outdated and unreliable. Even a knife is preferable to a musket.

Assault rifles, rocket launchers, high-caliber weapons... necessary? Inbred hicks.

Assault rifles are automatic rifles used mostly by the military. Ordinary people use sport rifles which are semi-automatic rifles with some militaristic features.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join