It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

You don't need your guns to protect you from people with guns if they don't have guns. You don't need your guns to protect you from your paranoid fantasy of a tyrannical American government. You do not need your guns... period.

oh really .......

It seems to me the paranoid ones are the ones who are scared crapless of the guns NOT being taken away from owners.....

Its a funny hypocritical argument really...

To the contrary, were quite secure, after all we can defend ourselves...........

And arent you the same people always talking abut how corrupt our gov is? Yet you guys want them to be the only ones with weapons ?

edit on 10-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Seriously? You're gonna judge on others' behavior? I for one can't stand soccer fans, and even though there's some violence on games from time to time - there're no mass shootings - and there're no gangs to be afraid of.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hacko

There are no gangs at your soccer games???

You have got to be kidding, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hacko

Seriously? You're gonna judge on others' behavior?

If you and other foreigners are going to judge the actions of a handful of people, in regards to gun control, then yes, all is open and fair game.

Poop called, said Vomit stinks.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hacko
reply to post by Phoenix

Seriously? You're gonna judge on others' behavior? I for one can't stand soccer fans, and even though there's some violence on games from time to time - there're no mass shootings - and there're no gangs to be afraid of.

Specifically this:

Seriously? You're gonna judge on others' behavior?

Indeed! As in "no one should own guns because there are bad apples in the bunch'?

The Brits can feel safe being stabbed and beaten, I'm not going to fault them for letting themselves be disarmed. How about the Brits can just let us alone though.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I have read the Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights very carefully and I did not see the word "gun" or "guns" in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're right....

It does not specify guns, because we are not limited to having a right to keep and bear GUNS, we have a right to keep and bear ALL arms, of which GUNS are a subset.

Jaden
edit on 10-1-2013 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

I have read the Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights very carefully and I did not see the word "gun" or "guns" in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

"The right to bear Arms".

Not very difficult.

Well clubs and swords are "arms", now aren't they? There is nothing that guarantees any American a right to own firearms.
You are correct, there is nothing that guarantees your right to own a firearm.
One has to be willing to claim their rights and defend them. It seems obvious to me that you are not willing.

Exactly what "rights" are you referring to and what is your basis for believing that you have them?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Oh good hell.

The Matrix called, the want your alternate reality back.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
I have a serious question that everybody seems to overlook and could be pivotal to the outcome for you guys across the pond.

Can anyone point me in the direction where it specifically states in the 2nd Amendment that people have the right to bear Firearms.

As far as I can see, legally, Obama could place a ban on all guns as long as people are allowed to carry a knife / sword / club.

After all, the 2nd amendment doesn't grant you the right to carry rocket launchers, missiles, grenades, mortars or any other military grade weapon..

ETA: Whilst I realise that in 2008 The Supreme Court ruled that firearms be specifically included under the 2nd it is entirely possible and perfectly legal for them to then overturn that decision based upon recent events.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Truth_Hz because: closing statement

Of course it does... The second amendment ABSOLUTELY allows people to carry rocket launchers, missiles, grenades, etc... In fact, MANY private citizens currently have all of these things.

It is a misnomer to believe that ANY firearm is illegal. First off, the laws on the books that DO limit newer class III weapons from transferring are ILLEGAL laws, they are null and void.

Hell, ANY law that restricts (infringes) on the right to keep and bear ANY arm is illegal.

In the past lawmakers KNEW this to be the case, which is why they instituted round about ways of implementing restrictions.

They implemented a tax and registration process, which in other instances was struck down as unconstitutional. So it is surprising that those laws weren't struck down as well. Regardless of whether or not they are struck down, does NOT mean that they are legitimate laws.

They are NOT.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

"The right to bear Arms".

Not very difficult.

Well clubs and swords are "arms", now aren't they? There is nothing that guarantees any American a right to own firearms.
You are correct, there is nothing that guarantees your right to own a firearm.
One has to be willing to claim their rights and defend them. It seems obvious to me that you are not willing.

Exactly what "rights" are you referring to and what is your basis for believing that you have them?

When someone breaks your door down at 3am are you going to ask him what right he has to do so?

I was going to ask you what right the government has to be tyrannical but since you don't understand the second amendment and you don't know what tyranny is, I am afraid our discussion is becoming pointless.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

fantasy

That word describes what kind of world you live in.... if you believe that passing a law forbidding the possession of guns would make them disappear.

A doctor can not write you a prescription to obtain heroin. It is totally illegal.
Yet you can buy it..... even in schools! No ID required, no background check.... all you need is some money.

Ummm.... yea... right back at you.

FANTASY. that is the word to describe your comment. Guns kill people.. get over it. I live in Canada, weapons are highly controlled, and gun deaths are few and far between.

Yes... some choice criminals have access to guns. Some choice criminals have access to heroin. But gun deaths in your backward country are through the roof... for a reason. If you cant see/understand that then there is no hope for you.
edit on 10-1-2013 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

You people make me sick to my ass.

Another Canadian chiming in on issues that are non of their business.

Your sick from your butt has made its way here on ATS.

Best wipe your screen.

Lol...

guns are an international issue [name-calling removed by moderator]. Other countries have gun control... you rednecks do not. Other countries dont murder each other en mass on a regular basis... yours does. Read between the lines.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Byrd because: Please discuss the issue and not each other.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by unityemissions

. . .The most that will happen for this is either something unrelated directly to gun control (like improving the mental health system) , . . .

Now that is something we actually agree on.

Gun crimes are just the symptoms of the true infliction. Mental Illness. Since the 1980's there have been drastic cuts in mental health facilities all across the US. This really needs to be examined.

As someone who has worked in the mental health field for the past 6 years....I can tell you that getting the government involved in mental health is akin of putting yourself in the padded room.

Put this same corrupt, illogical, tyrannical government in charge of mental health? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? We will all be locked up and snowballed (industry term for medicated stupid).

If you aren't truly mentally ill and go to a mental hospital....you will be by the time they are done with you. The Dr. basically experiment with people trying a cocktail of medications until they find something that "works"...

It wasn't long ago the government thought gay people were mentally ill...

Mental health is an issue but letting the government have a hand in that issue is more dangerous than letting them take the guns...

take it from someone who has worked in the MH field...psychology/psychiatry is very very lose science and Dr.'s in this industry are GODS...they do whatever the hell they want....PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

To the contrary, were quite secure, after all we can defend ourselves...........

Yea, you all seem pretty secure. 30,000 gun deaths... how nice your "security" (cough) must be.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To all gun owners: Just give up the discussion with non-gun-owners.. it's not worth your time.

The Anti-Gun Lobby will always describe the Gun-Owner as a flesh-eating killing machine .. because that's the easiest way to sell us to the people ... however if you really listen carefully you will notice that these Anti-Gunner have the most violent arguments and are not afraid to use even violence to get to their goal.

When did you hear the last time that the NRA said, to go after all non-gun-owners? Or any other gun-group .. it seems that most gun-owners have no interest in arguing (waste of time?)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You, and this thread, are being trolled again.
It never stops.
You weed one out and two more pop up in their place.
Stop alowing yourselves to get sucked into the emotional vortex they are creating.
It is done by design and is doing everything but allowing you to keep on topic.

No one is as stupid as these people pretend to be.
Believe me, I would LOVE to tear into some of these people and let them know just how stupid and ignorant they are but, the fact is, they aren't at all.

They are baiting you into an emotional vortex which spins round and round without end and keeps you away from any sort of productive dialogue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

If you fail to respect the law and the duly elected democratic government then you are an insurgent, just like the ones in the Middle East.

in·sur·gent [in-sur-juh nt]
noun
1. a person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel.

Lawful authority.......nuff said!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just spend nearly 2k on my ar15 and glock 40. Do they plan on paying us top dollar if we turn them in? If not then why would anyone throw their hard earned assets down the drain.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Go tell it to the woman who successfully protected her family during a home invasion....they (intruders) do not have to have guns to break into your home, steal your property, rape a family member and possibly kill you to eliminate witnesses.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

By "judge on other peoples' behavior" I meant stereotyping an entire "unknown foreign country" because of what you think happens at soccer games. And I guess we're "me and other foreigners" now. Last time I checked ATS was an international community. Conspiracies are not exclusive to the US.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join