It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

If they wanted to just ban automatic guns, then why are they going for so many semi-autos as well??

It seems you are ignorant and/or misinformed!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well then maybe I should point out that the worst school masacre in the US which happened back in 1927 referred to as the Bath School Disaster did not involve a single firearm , they used explosives to kill nearly 45 people ... So if you want to think that guns , which are in fact inanimate objects are the issue , YOU are terribly confused !

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
How anybody in this thread can be against inproved gun regulation is beyond me. After all the massacres, all the innocent lives lost, you still can't see past your imaginary war with the goverment. It's disgusting, but I now realise there's no way of getting through to you. Perhaps part of this vendetta against Obama is racial, I didn't see this type of hate against Bush administration. Then again, he was republican..
edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

It occurs to me that someone who can't spell words like "Improve,Government or Realize" and is too lazy to even use spell checker, probably does not own a firearm, has never fired a firearm (except maybe a BB Gun at the Fair) and certainly has no idea what the " Current Gun Laws and Requirements" say or require but I think you are far from alone here so here are some basics about what is involved to purchase a firearm; I am going to use California as a standard because California is one of the Strictest:

Buying a firearm is a relatively straight forward process. But there are some things you should know and take into consideration before you go through with it. This article is specifically about buying firearms in California, but many of the aspects can be used in other states as well.

Start the Application Process
Submit an optional Personal Firearms Eligibility Check (PFEC) application along with a copy of your California Driver’s License or ID Card and a check or money order for $20. Get the application notarized and include an impression of your right thumbprint. If you're not a U.S. citizen, you'll also need to include an Alien Registration or I-94 Card. You should get the results back within 30 days, but it can take up to 120. This process is separate from the background check and 10-day waiting period described in later steps.[1] This is to determine if you can legally possess and purchase firearms. Submitting this form is a good idea if you're unsure of your qualification to own a firearm, but it is not required before buying a firearm.
Take the Handgun Safety Test
Go to your local gun shop (Federal Firearms Licensed dealer) and request to take the 30-question handgun safety test. It will cost some money, but it's a requirement if you want to purchase a handgun. When you pass, you will receive a certificate. If you fail the test, you can take it again. Just remember that you can only take it twice. It costs $25.00 ($19.00 dealer's record of sale (DROS) fee, $5.00 in safety enforcement fees due to gun lock law). It should be noted that there are a number of exemptions to this requirement. These include specific law enforcement affiliations and current or prior military service.
The cashier will need valid photo ID. You will pay for the gun at this time (some gun stores will allow you put the gun on layaway or may only require you to pay part of the cost of the gun before you pick it up). You will be required to sign some papers (ATF Form 4473, DROS), which will need to be filled out with place of residency and other information. It will also require your right thumb print. The fee for this is $25.
The 10-Day Waiting Process

Wait 10 days (240 hours to the minute on DROS form.) This is the worst part of the experience. During this time your DROS information is being sent to the CA DMV, CA DOJ, and then on to the FBI NICS. At any time through the 10 days you can be denied. Sometimes it will take a full 9 days for a denial. After 10 day wait you'll come in to pick up firearm and sign 4473 form again.
Now is a good time to purchase a California-approved firearms safe (or locking device). Safes are a good way to be able to store your firearms, and store them safely, where they won't get stolen or others (children, friends, etc.) won't have access. As required by law in California you must either own a California-approved gun safe or purchase a new gun lock for each firearm purchased. Proof is required for each.
Proof of ownership of a gun safe requires either an owners manual or a receipt of purchase.
Proof of Lock ownership requires a receipt of lock within 30 days of actual pick up date (not date of sale). Most American gun dealers will already include a free original equipment manufacturer (OEM) gun lock that will satisfy this requirement (not all of the free locks are California legal, see your local dealer for more information or visit the California's Department of Justice website for a complete list of approved locks).
Before your 10 days are up, make sure you have the rest of the money for the firearm (if you haven't already paid for it in full). If you have purchased a pistol, you will need your handgun safety certificate and proof of residency (this can be a recent water or electric bill or even valid vehicle registration).
Go pick up your firearm. If you successfully pass the background check,
edit on 10-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

PS I Respect and am with Ron Paul 100%
edit on 10-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

If they wanted to just ban automatic guns, then why are they going for so many semi-autos as well??

Post a link showing this...I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

newyorkcityguns.com...

It has been discussed thoroughly on ATS, even though the actual bill has not been presented to congress yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Who has used automatic guns to kill people in the US? please tell me your joking..

No, not joking.
Who has used a legal automatic firearm to kill people here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by macman

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I have read the Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights very carefully and I did not see the word "gun" or "guns" in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

"The right to bear Arms".

Not very difficult.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

oh no not feeding the trolls again?? If one does not know the meaning of "The right to keep and bear arms" then leave it alone, for they do not get it nor ever will . Back to topic It seems that Bidden and Obama want to push through an EO no matter what

"There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet, but we're compiling it all with the help the attorney general and all the rest of the cabinet members, as well as legislative action, we believe, is required," Biden said.
from this link abcnews.go.com...

edit on 10-1-2013 by bekod because: line editing

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

I have read the Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights very carefully and I did not see the word "gun" or "guns" in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Not very difficult.

Well clubs and swords are "arms", now aren't they? There is nothing that guarantees any American a right to own firearms.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

newyorkcityguns.com...

It has been discussed thoroughly on ATS, even though the actual bill has not been presented to congress yet.

Ha Ha! Didn't have to wait long for that!

if anyone had been interested, they would have seen it the day that Dianne Feinstein put out her news release about the bill.... It's all in there!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This argument is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Watch John Stewarts show a few nights ago... there is the only logical argument.

You don't need your guns to protect you from people with guns if they don't have guns. You don't need your guns to protect you from your paranoid fantasy of a tyrannical American government. You do not need your guns... period.

Like a partially armed population will do anything but wreak havoc on the rest of society, which seems to get along just fine without shooting everyone.

You people make me sick to my ass.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Not very difficult.

Well clubs and swords are "arms", now aren't they? There is nothing that guarantees any American a right to own firearms.
You are correct, there is nothing that guarantees your right to own a firearm.
One has to be willing to claim their rights and defend them. It seems obvious to me that you are not willing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

fantasy

That word describes what kind of world you live in.... if you believe that passing a law forbidding the possession of guns would make them disappear.

A doctor can not write you a prescription to obtain heroin. It is totally illegal.
Yet you can buy it..... even in schools! No ID required, no background check.... all you need is some money.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes they are. And yet they are never brought into the discussion.
And yes, firearms, are arms.
The word Firearm is derived partially from the word "arms".
www.merriam-webster.com...

So, yes Mr. Uneducated Flash, firearms are protected.
But, you keep arguing the fact. It just makes you look like Bill Clinton trying to argue about what "is" means.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Who has used automatic guns to kill people in the US? please tell me your joking..

oh look another guy who doesnt knwo the dif between automatic and semi automatic, or assault rifle and non assault rifle, yet rails against gun control.......

Its awesome to see people debate something when they havent done their research.......

But , not surprising, most people who are anti gun have NO idea the dif

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

You people make me sick to my ass.

Another Canadian chiming in on issues that are non of their business.

Your sick from your butt has made its way here on ATS.

Best wipe your screen.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

"You do not need your guns... period. "

You would be a fool if you think for a moment that you or Jon Stewart have say in what I do or do not need.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For those that think the US Constitution refers to clubs and swords, maybe check this ATS Thread to get a feel for what the men who debated and wrote the Constitution meant at the time.

There is nothing fuzzy about it, very clear.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It is that Barrel Shroud that makes the Rifle extra deadly.

And the Flash Suppressor.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join