It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by sensible1

If you actually took the time to go read the history of why the clause was put into the constitution when written which can be found in the federalists papers then you'd understand it was a compromise needed to get the southern colonies to agree to form a nation.

That has no bearing on the utility nor legitimacy of the second amendment.

The issue among others was paid for with over 600,000 casulties in the civil war. Part of the reformation was ensuring blacks were afforded their second amendment rights along with participation in elections - yes admittedly it took a long time, right into the next century - I still say Obama is undoing your rights as well as mine no matter the color or creed.

Simply put my stand for rights is a stand for yours also.

Yeah thats what the slave owners said, they were "fighting for the rights of the slaves.."
NO THANK YOU.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

a bunch of problems face our country and our government is obsessed with this one.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You know it's funny how the rant is going against the NRA suddenly .. sure enough NRA is a organization with their own agenda and they wouldn't call the NRA the Gun Lobby if they wouldn't represent Gun Manufacturers.

However the NRA as an organization is more than just looking for the interest of their "people". The NRA is the primary organization for education on Gun Safety, Hunter Courses, etc ...

The Government always screams "Gun Control", "Gun Control", "Gun Control" - but doesn't do anything on gun related education. Many accidents can be avoided with proper safety education - and yes the NRA does a lot in safety education. Many Gun Stores highly recommend to take an NRA course in Gun Safety if you are first-time gun owner - you don't need to be member to take these. There are easy to understand and everyone can understand them. So the Government wants to be in everyone's business, but taking action in the "right" direction is probably out of question.

Lunatics like Adam Lanza will never be stopped ... Btw, just the next day a Chinese Mental-ill person stabbed about 20 school children .. luckily nobody died but only 2 years ago another Chinese Citizen stabbed 50 people killing 20 .. the Weapons: Large Kitchen Knifes.

People with a certain Agenda will always find ways to harm other people .. but law-abiding citizens lose their abilities to defend themselves by regulating something that can't be regulated!

- Ban Assault Weapons, the next guy will use a .22
- Ban .22's, the next guy will use a tactical knife
- Ban Tactical knife's, the next guy will use a kitchen knife
- Ban all kitchen knife's and blades .. the next guy will strangle it's victims ...
- Ban everything that could be used to strangle people .. the next guy will just use his hands ...
- Ban human!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by sensible1

If you actually took the time to go read the history of why the clause was put into the constitution when written which can be found in the federalists papers then you'd understand it was a compromise needed to get the southern colonies to agree to form a nation.

That has no bearing on the utility nor legitimacy of the second amendment.

The issue among others was paid for with over 600,000 casulties in the civil war. Part of the reformation was ensuring blacks were afforded their second amendment rights along with participation in elections - yes admittedly it took a long time, right into the next century - I still say Obama is undoing your rights as well as mine no matter the color or creed.

Simply put my stand for rights is a stand for yours also.

Yeah thats what the slave owners said, they were "fighting for the rights of the slaves.."
NO THANK YOU.

Obviously its a free country for a few moments longer and you may choose to soldier on in complete ignorance at your behest - good luck!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by Masterjaden

Yeah! whoa! Those home invading Deer must be a real problem in America yeah? Pesky at best! And as for those moose! You can't even walk the streets!

You do sound stupid..........

Please

Stop.

You hunt deer to eat them, not because they are pests or invade your home.

I'd be happy to compare education AND IQ scores if you want to call me stupid...lol.

Are you gonna go up and try to take down a Kangaroo with your fists??? I'd love to see you try it. You might not get eviscerated by a joey...lol...

YOU saying I look stupid is more a compliment than an insult.

Jaden

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How anybody in this thread can be against inproved gun regulation is beyond me. After all the massacres, all the innocent lives lost, you still can't see past your imaginary war with the goverment. It's disgusting, but I now realise there's no way of getting through to you. Perhaps part of this vendetta against Obama is racial, I didn't see this type of hate against Bush administration. Then again, he was republican..
edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
How anybody in this thread can be against inproved gun regulation is beyond me. After all the massacres, all the innocent lives lost, you still can't see past your imaginary war with the goverment. It's disgusting, but I now realise there's no way of getting through to you. Perhaps part of this vendetta against Obama is racial, I didn't see this type of hate against Bush administration. Then he again he was republican..
edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

I'd actually believe no agenda was involved if IF, the subject was mental heath system breakdown and the wholesale drugging of our youth by big pharma - you know actual root of the problem.

Instead you all seem to be wanting to make a long lived dream of disarming citizenry your call to action as you employ the tired Alinsky tactic of ridiculing those who have different beliefs.

It is your lot that are morally bankrupt both in trying to abbrogate a clearly spelled out right that "shall not be infringed" and having complicity in taking focus off of the real problem which is mental heath system.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by TheFlash
reply to post by Screwed

If you fail to respect the law and the duly elected democratic government then you are an insurgent, just like the ones in the Middle East.

in·sur·gent [in-sur-juh nt]
noun
1. a person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel.

Luckily, our founding documents guarantee the right of the people to be "insurgents".

You'd do well to actually READ these founding documents instead of parroting some stupid liberal talking point!

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--

Sounds VERY clear and concise to me. I can't see how anyone can "lawyer" their way around that!

Ahhh yes - the rationalization for the colonies declaring their independence. The only reason that reference is notable at this point in time is because the "Founding Father" insurgents won their battle. As you may or may not know, the history books are written by the victors. Good luck bringing down the current US government. Then again you are free to seek a yet-unsettled continent or perhaps one already inhabited by natives with a much lower level of technology than your group's that you can invade and make your own. Follow in the footsteps as it were... I don't think there are any of those still around unfortunately. Perhaps a nice spot in Antarctica?

It's also pretty hilarious how you find the concept of being law-abiding to be "stupid" and "liberal". Now THERE is a con mind at work! lol
edit on 10-1-2013 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

An executive order that violates the bill of rights is null and void.

Bypassing Congress to revise or delete the 2nd Amendment is a treasonable act. Disagree?

edit on 1/9/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: punctuation

it's not null and void but it must pass\fail the supreme court muster, in order to hold any enforceable weight and this will not, i don't feel.

not a treasonable act per say but the president cannot change nor amend the bill of rights, congress must do this and again i do not see this getting anywhere near that happening.

if i were to give any advise to my fellow Americans it would be to stay vigilant on this issue, discuss it with as many people as you can, in a calm and intelligent way and above all, do not live in fear of this as it can never happen unless.... it ALL goes south simultaneously.

what i mean by the last part of that statement is this. the talking heads in D.C. have neither the popularity nor the collective intelligence nor the resources, to ever change the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights. they just aren't in any position to make that work. this is nothing more than our current dose of fear mongering from the useless individuals, we have found ourselves in poor company with, them being the DC 535.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Has nothing to do with being against 0bama.
It has to do with 0bama being against the 2nd Amendment.
As for the whole race card crap, get a clue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In case no one knows yet, looks like Wyoming is the first to step up to the plate again, as they did the first time Obama was elected.

Let me refresh your memory, in case you forgot.

Right after the first election of Obama, there was a rush by many states to re-affirm their 10th ammendment rights. There were several threads posted here on the history of this, because some people had the foresight to see Obama and Holder were going to go for their guns. In fact, threads got quite animated as people were ridiculed for thinking such a thing. They were called racist, you know, all the lovely things.

Anyway. Many states, I lost count around 28, re-affirmed their 10 th ammendment rights. One even went so far as to name Obama specifically in the bill. Wyoming was among one the first, as they manufacture guns there. Most of the bills told the president to butt out of state business.

Looks like Wyoming is introducing a new bill prohibiting the government again from affecting the state rights to gun and magazine sales. It also threatens to jail Federal agents.

Now, if only more states would remember their 10th, this would cease to be an issue for almost every state. Save NY of course. To hear Cuomo tell it, you guys are about to get confiscated.

But remember, Obama doesn't want your guns, that's raaaacist!
Oh wait. He doesn't want aaaaaall of yoyr guns, just the baaaaad ones.

ETA: m.washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 10-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by Libertygal because: typos, add text about jailing feds

edit on 10-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by beezzer
If the idiot who killed all those people in Sandy Hook had a knife, or a sharp stick, or a rock, or a hammer instead of a gun we'd all be discussing the deplorable state of the mental health services in America.

But we're focusing on the weapon the killer used instead of the killer.

Agenda?

you're getting warmer...

(so close!)

:-)

Why do I feel like I'm playing Marco Polo and the prize is. . . the truth!

at this point I'd settle for candy

you know Beez - sometimes your answers defy explanation

is somebody holding you hostage?

:-)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

And? How often and how many people actually use and know how to make bombs? Very few, anybody can get access to a gun. Yes, people will still find a way to kill however they will kill far less without a fully automatic machine gun.

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them. Your avatar further confirms this, you don't really care about the military, you just like how they get paid to go and kill foreigners and you think they are heroes because of this.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The following is an excellent article from Pravda.ru

A bit of Russian history on the subject.

Americans never give up your guns
By Stanislav Mishin

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And? How often and how many people actually use and know how to make bombs?

In the age of Google, it is easy.

Very few, anybody can get access to a gun. Yes, people will still find a way to kill however they will kill far less without a fully automatic machine gun.

Not just anyone. There are unlawful restrictions in place.
And who has used an Automatic firearm to kill people in the US?

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Your avatar further confirms this, you don't really care about the military, you just like how they get paid to go and kill foreigners and you think they are heroes because of this.

Please provide any proof of this. Otherwise, it is just your bloated hot air posturing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Who has used automatic guns to kill people in the US? please tell me your joking..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Who has used automatic guns to kill people in the US? please tell me your joking..

The mafia? I can't recall the last gunman using automatic weapons to kill innocent civilians. If you can then please inform us.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I can't reason with people like you, because you have an un-healthy obsession with guns which is shown by your constant and desperate defending of them.

It is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I have read the Constitution of The United States of America and The Bill of Rights very carefully and I did not see the word "gun" or "guns" in it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join