It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Appreciation Day' Is Jan. 19, Conservative Groups Declare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

www.npr.org

It's no coincidence that the 19th is Saturday of the weekend when President Obama will be sworn into office for a second time. Organizers say the date was chosen "to send a message to Washington two days before Obama's second inauguration." They're worried about what they see as the "Obama administration's post-Sandy Hook assault on gun rights."
(visit the link for the full news article)

gunappreciationday.com

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well thing are heating up very much. I'm praying that things don't get out of control here in the us. There are many talks taking place this week with rumors of coming gun grabs so in response there will be this appreciation day the same weekend as the pres being sworn in.

I think ats should bring back the polls we had before. It would be interesting to see the results on this issue.

www.npr.org
edit on 9-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

If they love 'em so much why not kiss them fully loaded?

This is ridiculous and they can calm down, because they won't get banned, but they will get clamped down on and it is needed.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
God Bless America!

God Bless The 2nd Amendment!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I think you are wrong. Changes are coming. The white house just announced that executive orders and legislation will be the result of current meetings there.

It's more than likely that changes will come before this appreciation day comes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

www.npr.org

It's no coincidence that the 19th is Saturday of the weekend when President Obama will be sworn into office for a second time. Organizers say the date was chosen "to send a message to Washington two days before Obama's second inauguration." They're worried about what they see as the "Obama administration's post-Sandy Hook assault on gun rights."

gunappreciationday.com

What on Earth is the point of a gun appreciation day? What do you do, have competitions to see who has the biggest?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I think you are wrong. Changes are coming. The white house just announced that executive orders and legislation will be the result of current meetings there.

It won't happen by legislation so it'll have to happen by executive order and I so hope it does as it will make this President illegitimate. He cannot legislate via executive order especially to infringe upon the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ill carry my pistol on a holster that whole day..

Because I can.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
What on Earth is the point of a gun appreciation day? What do you do, have competitions to see who has the biggest?

I am going to 'try' to buy one. I don't know if I'll be able to find one but I need one I can carry on me at all times.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

www.npr.org

gunappreciationday.com

Be just like the good 'ol days mate, the O.K. Coral, "drink up your milk and get on your god damn horse"

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i wonder how many people are gonna die that day just from, untrained amateur people carrying guns around. It be like the wild wild west!

"How dare you cut me off!!?"

"i challenge you to a duel!, we will start in 3"

"Boom"

"I lied"

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I think ATS needs to open a forum to round up all these Second Amendment threads into one place, perhaps the 2012 forum replacement?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
examiner

"There are executive’s orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required," according to the Weekly Standard.

weekly standard

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well I have always loved the Scots, am one me self, however your statement makes no sense to me what so ever???

This is our country and this is our right to defend our families against harm.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Well I have always loved the Scots, am one me self, however your statement makes no sense to me what so ever???

This is our country and this is our right to defend our families against harm.

And you won't lose those rights, you have to ask yourself, are you content with the news constantly getting splattered with gun massacres? If you are, then fine, live on

I understand the importance of rights and freedoms but this debate is getting ludicrous. Semi-automatic assault rifles are NOT and should NOT be a part of everyday life

edit on 9-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You are wrong.
As long as posse comintatus remains null then we have the need to have the ability to protect our country from corrupt gov. if it occurs.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great idea.

Gather up all the slingblades in one place.

Nothing good comes from this idea. Nothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Relax mate, you will have your guns, just not all of them

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I don't think you get it. If certain guns are made illegal then do you think people will just hand them in? What will happen when someone comes to collect an illegal stash? Those kind of guns are not used in very many deaths. It is only a problem that the msm is using to pollute minds.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

That bridge will have to be crossed, I'm only calling it the way I see it. There is going to be a crackdown on guns, it's gonna happen and you're probably right in that there will be a lot of fall out from it.

Personally, I'd rather some gun nut, who's over protective over his "stash" get caught in a fire fight, than hearing about a bunch of innocent kids getting slaughtered.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join