It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien disclosure and society collapse, what are the possibilities?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I see these two issues as real, they could happen either as a reaction to each other, regardless of which one happens first. There is no doubt we live in interesting times, and there have been similar unrest in the past, usually due to various reasons. It is even possible that past civilizations have experienced collapse due to alien disclosure as they were not able to handle the reality due to their understanding and beliefs. Throughout history there are various symbols, drawings, etc that look directly at this possibility, stating that this is not a recent phenomenon, and increase in all aspects as time goes forward, therefore we could be right around the corner of a new way of thinking and looking at our world and it's place. There is no doubt that ET exist, and have been around for much longer than us, who really knows when time and life started, and what was there before that, and next to that and so on. Our people of earth are from one spectrum to the other, how will the world react to complete extraterrestrial disclosure? what would life become on earth? what would be left after the dust settles? and where would we go from there?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

how will the world react to complete extraterrestrial disclosure?

Depends on how that disclosure arrives , If as I expect disclosure comes as an announcement of a discovery on Mars or from observations of extrasolar planets then I think the world will be fine with it and be exited by it for a short time , until the next attention grabbing announcement .

If its a fleet of ET spaceships suddenly appearing in our skies then I would imagine most would react badly .
If by disclosure you mean Government disclosure of Alien visitation ....forget it , it won't happen .

There is no doubt that ET exist

I agree but their existence doesn't = visitation , that is still in doubt .

edit on 9-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Man up humanity and stop being weak minded...we did not fault or fail in the past when issues crossed our path. We are still here and 7 billion strong according to the CIA...

I am more afraid of my own species stupidity and lies than I am of extraterrestrials...

We have always been ready to know the truth, the fall apart of humanity is disinformation so people can justify to themselves for lying to the world.

Just release the information and be done with it so we can get on with our lives...

The information is in the hands of religious men who have more to lose than the rest of the world...

Its about control...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If they do exist and evidence is indicative that they do and have been visiting earth for a long time then full disclosure would probably result in pandemonium

Earth would be an unsafe place and not just because of ET but of our own kind

Law and order would breakdown

Society would multi-divide into smaller groups making earth a dangerous place

TPTB know this!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

If by disclosure you mean Government disclosure of Alien visitation ....forget it , it won't happen .

Im with you on that. Government has no intention of telling us because that would mean they would have to admit that they have been lying to us for a very very long time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I disagree...life will go on as normal, people will be mixed in their emotion but life would continue...

Humanity would want to know how the secret was maintained and who died maintaining it...as well as other questions but we would just get up and go to work as normal...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

Oh but at least give us one day where we can run about screaming like chickens

I agree the world may slow down for a while while everyone is trying to get their heads around it, but it all does depend how they tell us.
I just hope they are all Amazonian hot green aliens

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

I agree oxjon, but do you think ET would react if they felt that tptb had gone too far, or effectively soften the collapse of a world's population? Seems you can only quell information of an active third party for so long before dominoes begin to fall, but wonder what would move the first one?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxjondoexo
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

I disagree...life will go on as normal, people will be mixed in their emotion but life would continue...

Humanity would want to know how the secret was maintained and who died maintaining it...as well as other questions but we would just get up and go to work as normal...

Im afraid I dont have your faith!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Social, especially RELIGIOUS collapse, especially the fanatism of the East (and some west countries as well with the Christianity) cannot recover from a blow such as all they were FANATIC about to be lies, but so is the system, someone has interest in keetping things like that.

Unfortunately, ET have no interest in contact whatsoever, they even purposly avoid contact, so if you count on them revealing themselves, forget it. Or they letting TPTB decide who on the other side will never tell the public.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In regards to humanitys reaction, i think it is best summed up by non other than Tommy Lee Jones..... "A person is smart. PEOPLE are dumb, dangerous panicky animals, and you know it."

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you ask some people, a collapse of society is what the elite want in order to create the Utopia they perceive for the world. If that is truly what they want then why do they not just disclose it? If the world knew aliens were visiting/living here would the fact not end racism/etc and unite the world? Maybe unite us by a common enemy or friend. We would no longer think the same that is for sure. Watching the goings on in the world in the last 15 years or so, it makes me wonder if the world leaders were not given an ultimatum of some sort to clean up the mess we have made and given a time limit to do so. Obama can sure turn an enemy into a full fledged friend in a heartbeat. Maybe he gets them in private and tells them the facts. They sure do come out of his presence changed. Just thinking out loud about the possibilities. I don't really know what to believe about aliens or our governments anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That would depend on the human society in question.

The western world would only react badly if the disclosure was that Alien intentions were Malign (from human perspectives) or that they exist, are here, and we don't know anything about their purpose/abilities or motivations.

The revelation that Alien life exists elsewhere far away or is here and considered benign wouldn't cause us to collapse. In the west we are sufficiently culturally saturated with ET imagery that mass hysteria is unlikely.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think if ET was going to do anything they would of done it by now...

Our civilization is already far gone in my opinion...politics is corrupt, media is corrupt, military is corrupt...the masses are manipulated...

The first domino is falling...and has been for some time now...you have some trying to prop up the domino, but their feet can't maintain the grip...again in my opinion...

If ET is among us then come forward and make us aware of your existence...we want to know...we will work with you...we will share information, we will ally those who share similar interests...we will breed with other civilizations if we have mutual attraction...we will respect your beliefs if you respect ours...we seek love, guidance and knowledge...at least contact people in society who will work with ET against humans who seek to control the masses such as myself...

If I was abducted and built up a relationship with ET I would point them in the direction of the good, the bad and the corrupt...
edit on 9-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

link   
double post..just deleted it...
edit on 9-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't know about Society collapsing, I think most of the modern world are cool with the Idea of the possibility of ET however some mainstream Religions will sure as hell take a hit even though the Vatican did come out and state that the existence of Aliens doesn't contradict nor come in conflict with the belief in God

For whatever that's worth....

edit on 9-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It is even possible that past civilizations have experienced collapse due to alien disclosure as they were not able to handle the reality due to their understanding and beliefs.

IF ET has been here in the past as much as some think, a more plausible scenario would be, they are the original gods, and unlikely the cause of collapse.

There is no doubt that ET exist...

If you mean in general, then I would agree. Our universe is most likely replete with intelligent life.
If you mean there's no doubt they have visited Earth, I'm not convinced of that yet.

Our people of earth are from one spectrum to the other, how will the world react to complete extraterrestrial disclosure?

"Disclosure" is unlikely to happen in a way that most would like. Disclosure is a gradual and ongoing process. Don't put the cart before the horse. My guess is, it will happen just the way it's already happening. Incrementally. First, possibility, then probability, then highly likely, then... In that sense, disclosure has been happening for a long time. NASA, the media, and Hollywood, have worked hand in hand on this. (Predictive programming)

Don't look for an announcement of life to come before the announcement of the conditions for life. Then will come microbial, or other. Then, after some other leading announcements over time, They MAY announce something along the lines of ancient ruins on a planet or moon in our solar system. Mars is a prime candidate for this, but don't hold your breath.

Notice I said ancient, meaning no aliens here now. It would still cause quite the stir, and be paradigm changing, but the fear factor would be lower. After the dust settles from that...

Also, don't discount the utilization of the conspiracy community to disseminate "unofficial" information. It is done regularly. Meh, just my very speculative take on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer, the people I talk to about things like this believe that the vatican did that for a reason, that for all pratical facts that God is an alien by the pure reality of the word "alien, not of this earth" I hear disclosure is becoming more real everyday, and there must be a trigger for this, economic meltdown, radiation, discovery, comet, something unforseen, who knows, how will religous leaders fare? the world leaders? the elite will be immune to implications?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Which is kind of backward if you think about it. If we "are made in God's image" who's images are the aliens modeled after?

That's the only problem I have with the alien and religion topic.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I don't know about Society collapsing, I think most of the modern world are cool with the Idea of the possibility of ET however some mainstream Religions will sure as hell take a hit even though the Vatican did come out and state that the existence of Aliens doesn't contradict nor come in conflict with the belief in God

For whatever that's worth....

edit on 9-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Definitely, the fundamentalists would go "full goose bozo" over it. It wouldn't be pretty.

BTW: That avatar has to be my favorite of all the ones you've ever used.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join