It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Sandy Hook Copycat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Threatens to Target L.A. Kindergartners for Death

The 24-year-old man who threatened to commit Sandy Hook type crimes in L.A. claimed he was hell-bent on leaving "dead kindergartners" in his wake ... yet he will not be prosecuted

"I have the guns, I have the incentive, and I won't commit suicide at the end, I'll just go to the next f**king school and the next and the next ..."

And he goes on ... "So I woke up this morning and said to myself ... Dang you know [what] would be really awesome right now ... some dead kindergarteners ... and Christmas early."

Read more here on this punk ass coward

Well this is a bit disturbing and I wondered after what happened at Sandy Hook what could be done to prevent "copycats" from doing the same to our children. It's just sad that I have to have this worry in the back of my mind as my 4 year old goes to school now. IMO these type of people are screaming for help and need to be locked up or put in a mental ward.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a BS story. TMZ? Really?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This are the reasons why guns will be banned in America.

There seems to be only two solutions :-

*Check mental condition before providing guns.
*Stop illegal smuggling of guns.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
Sounds like a BS story. TMZ? Really?

Well it's posted elsewhere but none with a reputable name as TMZ. Sorry but TMZ is highly accurate in their reporting.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
This are the reasons why guns will be banned in America.

You're probably right that a mental condition test might help but as with every scenario you will not catch everyone. Also do they need to do this mental test before a purchase of every gun or would they get a license of sort saying they are "sane" enough to own a gun.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Well, that solution certainly has worked out well for dealing with illegal drugs!

It's not like you can buy heroin on a lot of street corners in most cities... oh wait... I guess you can.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I used to say during my time in the military that if I had to attend one more anti-suicide powerpoint presentation that I would pop my dome just to spite them...but only if I could come back.

I think that this is a similiar, yet emotional, event.

And as far as I am concerned, even though I am a gun guy, he does need those weapons confistated. The threat is just to specific. Probably should be put under observation as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX

In NJ at least you have to submit to a mental health screening that they search you in a database and make sure you have never been admitted to a facility.

In LA where this took place they have more strict gun laws than any other state.

The gun laws of California[3][4] are some of the strictest in the United States. A Handgun Safety Certificate, obtained by passing a written test, is required for handgun purchases, although there are exemptions to this requirement.[5] Handguns sold by dealers must be "California legal" by being listed on the state's roster of handguns certified for sale. Private sales of firearms must be done through a licensed dealer. All firearm sales are recorded by the state, and have a ten-day waiting period.

This one is weird to me depending on the kind of guns they found since they are prohibited in LA.

Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is generally prohibited.

edit on 9-1-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join