It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did Google Earth Spot in the Chinese Desert? Even an Ex-CIA Analyst Isn’t Sure

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
Somewhere in China there is someone being yelled at for buying the wrong color paint for the roof.

Or it could simply be Solar Panels? Love the witty comment though

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think they might be interested with this place because of this article.

insidechina.onehotspots.com... n/49470/

in June 7, Tajikistan Huzhan De participating in the exercise of military personnel and foreign military exchanges. The “Peace Mission -2012″ Shanghai Cooperation Organization joint anti-terror military exercise, the KMT-CPC dispatched more than 2,000 people in Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, and the tower, China sent 369 people. Which, on June 5, the Army Aviation took off from Kashi airport by Kyrgyzstan, the day arrived at the exercise area. Ground the participating units to take a motorized motor, June 3, starting from Xinjiang Atushi City on June 5, Kyrgyzstan, arrived at the exercise area. Xinhua News Agency reporter Li Xiangshe

The key part in there is "June 5, the Army Aviation took off from Kashi airport". That is the little airport located near the place they are asking about.

Kashi Airport or Kashgar Airport same place two names.
goo.gl...

The place just north of the airport they are asking about.
goo.gl...

Could it be just a mining operation like the one just to the north of it?
goo.gl...
edit on 9-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Depending on the areas and the circumstances, google updates maps quite often. After natural disasters they tend to update the imagery within days (I remember they had maps up within days after Fukushima). For normal regular areas, it's a matter if you are a target market how often it is updated (also people are allowed to request updates, not that I think they have time to update everywhere).

At one point I had some really weird google earth bookmarks for china, they have a huge HAARP-like array (most larger developed countries do) and insanely huge test bases for target practice (similar to groom lake). Also they have these crazy huge maze-like patterns carved in the earth like some wild oversized mining operation, not to mention the giant ghost cities and the Air base in Tibet that goes right into a mountain and back out the other side.

I may spend some time tomorrow poking around china with newer map layers on

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Could it be just a mining operation like the one just to the north of it?
goo.gl...
edit on 9-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

There are mining towns all over around me, and it could be. One thing I noticed were all of the roads made on the mountainside. There is defiantly something going on here involving moving earth.

Is that a highway or massive runway on the lower end of the pic?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Anyone see the movie 2012? Maybe they're building arks?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

The arks were built in China too, right? haha

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

TBM construction facility from TPTB, a gift to China to build DUMB's for when they start TSHTF.

What? That's as good as any other guess.

Tunnel Boring Machine, The Powers That Be, Deep Underground Military Base, The Poop Hits The Fan

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Maybe it's a test facility for airplanes and such.

It also could be for testing cars or something else remote control.

edit on 1/10/2013 by OneNationUnder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by grey580

Fair enough

Another thing to consider is that the bulk of China's Nuclear arsenal is supposedly buried deep in a huge underground bunker/tunnel complex/network. we could just be seeing the tip of the iceberg so to speak...

China's nuclear arsenal could be up to FORTY times bigger than thought

See! now this is what I don't get,
are you advocating a conspiracy or insinuating it's a possible set up, because some American department hasn't got the gonads to just ask them outright?
These are silly games

You are sitting on the fence here

What is the purpose of all these nukes in reality? if they have them........
Who would China be so afraid of, that they would manufacture such a volume of something that in reality takes very little to do the greatest damage?
For that matter inlcude in that the likes of Russia and the USA and you have to wonder if it really is each other they are afraid of, or something else.....entirely

I think that little town in the vid above, could do with some loving clean up and order although, and I hope, they take very good care and consideration for those artisans who are still practising, that right there is like living history and should be only encouraged and left alone.

Not pickin on you, just sayin......

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Chinese Walmart superstore?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
can anyone tell me what this is?

found here:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

Gold Dust !

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "ex-CIA". You never leave the CIA. This guy is a shill. That operation looks like nothing more unusual than any other mining/rock/mineral operation. This story has an agenda that the source isn't revealing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Probably a mega sweatshop, Hu Jintao reary proud

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

I'd guess that it's mining debris.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Maybe its City Wok ?

Im gonna guess its probably some military installation.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

When I enter the coordinates you supply, I see a whole bunch of agricultural and industrial stuff, set in a desert environment, and what seems to be a fairly decent highway.

Why does it need to be secret, or nuclear, or Area 51 - is completely unclear to me. I can get an aerial photo of some landfill or garbage dump, with a few roads cut through it, and say "wow there is some advanced stuff going on there".

Come on.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i'm sure if anything devious was going on they wouldn't alow it to appear on google earth..if anything is being built i wouldn't think it would be in broad daylight.
Probably something normal like a water pumping station or sock making factory.

interesting though

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join