Why Don't We Terra Form Venus. Its Way Cheaper?

page: 1
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
All eyes are once again pointing to Mars for exploration. Why mars? Its a small world, cold and no atmo to speak of. Colonizing the moon for mining makes more sense. So how about Venus? It has a carbon dioxide atmo just waiting to be converted. All we have to do is dump a probe into the atmo with airborne algae and let them begin to multiply and convert the carbon dioxide to oxygen and carbon. Once that is done, the temp will begin to fall until it begins to rain and the terra forming process is on its way.

So why Mars?




posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Mars is closer and it doesn't rain acid there



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87
 


I didn't say colonize, but Terra Form. Begin the conversion of the planet to a human sustainable one by starting the change I recommended.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
All we have to do is dump a probe into the atmo with airborne algae and let them begin to multiply ...



I doubt its that easy, but one person who would know the details is James Oberg, one of our ATS members.

He has, after all, written a book on planet terraforming.
amazon



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm just waiting to see what Green Peace well say when we start terra forming other planets.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill
 


Been watching Red Planet have we?
Tell me how is the algae supposed to survive in all that Sulphuric acid?

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill
 


We can barely deal with our own "global warming" let alone that of Venus! lol

Maybe once we enter the 6th denisty



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Mars is closer and it doesn't rain acid there

I agree.

That whole sulfuric acid raining down would be a daunting hurdle to terraforming. The temps are a bit extreme also.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As the conversion of Carbon Dioxide begins, the acid levels come down. That's the point of beginning the cycle. Send it with any of the probes we send to Venus. Question is, who owns Venus?



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
venus is already occupied by venetians. a melanated race of prodominantly women. tptb hide this from us also mars is already occupied. weve been lied to so much on this prison planet!!



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Has anybody thought along the lines off adapted humanoids ? There lungs bio engineered to breath "the soup" off dangerous inviroments. I have heard off patients having a lung removed to create a cavity so to speak,
To have a major organ or an electronic heart device placed in the rib cage.

Maybe they have some sort off atmosphere scrubber that can be placed in a spare cavity in the human body ?


As for OPs comment Mars is way closer



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Because Venus will still be muggy enough to make the amazon seem air conditioned , whereas Mars will be "crisp" . On top of that it will take a very long time , Mars we can run around on right now if we just take enough supplies .

I know what you're saying , but terraforming Venus will still cost a lot of money and probably take a hundred years to get to the point where we can even land on it .



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12 stranded dna
venus is already occupied by venetians. a melanated race of prodominantly women. tptb hide this from us also mars is already occupied. weve been lied to so much on this prison planet!!


So its actually the woman of Earth who as we know really are those who control the world who are preventing us from finding a world with a shortage of men....diabolical!



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Acid, heat and pressure levels far exceed livable conditions.

Russia's Venera 9 Probe was able to land and get a few pictures of the surface of venus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Venera 9 measured atmospheric chemicals including hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, bromine, and iodine. Other measurements included surface pressure of about 90 atmospheres (9 MPa), temperature of 485 °C, and surface light levels comparable to those at Earth mid-latitudes on a cloudy summer day.


53 minuets later it was crushed by the atmospheric pressure.
edit on 1/9/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
Because Venus will still be muggy enough to make the amazon seem air conditioned , whereas Mars will be "crisp" . On top of that it will take a very long time , Mars we can run around on right now if we just take enough supplies .

I know what you're saying , but terraforming Venus will still cost a lot of money and probably take a hundred years to get to the point where we can even land on it .


At the rate we are screwing Earth up and the supposed temp rise, won't Venus and Earth be about the same in a hundred years LOL, Just in time for us to overpopulate another planet.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yeah Venus is ripe for the plucking ....
First we gotta send four hundred and fifty billion tons of Arm and Hammer to seed the atmosphere...
Then all we have to do is shower shave and head downtown......



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Yeah Venus is ripe for the plucking ....
First we gotta send four hundred and fifty billion tons of Arm and Hammer to seed the atmosphere...
Then all we have to do is shower shave and head downtown......


Now that's the kind of forward thinking that we need. Stimulate the economy and fix the acid rain!!
I star you !



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Venus has no magnetosphere.
Solar flares would be far more dangerous to humans on Venus.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Venus has no magnetosphere.
Solar flares would be far more dangerous to humans on Venus.


That was the only nick in my deviant plan. I was thinking that most colonization would occur at the poles where the temp would be less, and the radiation level would not be as strong as a direct impact.



posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill
 


Even if you solve the acid rain etc how are you going to solve the pressure issue?





top topics
 
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join