It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One New Town massacre of blacks happen every single day yet nobody cares

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Your logic makes no sense. Everyone's child will one day leave their bubble and have to brave the world they chose to ignore and allowed to decompose under their watch. Thinking that your child is safe in the suburbs is not the right way to think. All problems will one day seep across the entire community if left un-ignored. The problems at their source originate from the same issues, that have been left unchecked.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And these really are completely different crimes. You can't compare multiple gang disputes to one school shooting. The article is including even one on one disputes. If you want you can add up every victim of gang violence. Victims that were killed by several different shooters, at different times, and in different parts of the country, then you can compare them to the victims at Sandy Hook killed by one shooter, but to me that logic doesn't make since. It's the same as lumping every murder victim from domestic disputes across the country and asking why there isn't as much outrage for them. You could go on like that all day.

Anyway, my main point is that the outrage won't be the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
reply to post by mandy1love

And then you say, "nobody cares". The article follows up your statement by saying, "Because both the victims and the killers are black, that's why." Do you realize that is an ignorant statement? You are generalizing all the people of our country as if we are racist.

Most people actually don't care. Some are hoping that they'll all just kill each other and be done with it. Generalizing everyone in the country who isn't directly affected by gang violence is what's happening here. just like the crisis on Syria, if the problem is not occurring within an individual's bubble, they have little concern or interest in it. Generalizations are based on some degree of truth.

We know that there is an issue with gang violence in America. I watch 48 Hours all the time! If you want to address the ones that don't care, send a letter to the White House.

That is as close as most "concerned" citizens will EVER get to involving themselves in the issue of gang violence. By watching it on tv.

I ask you to contact the government and then let us know how that worked out for you.

Because the government helps to solve psycho-social problems in our country

edit on 11-1-2013 by Ewok_Boba because: (no reason given)

1) Yes, you are correct in that most generalizations stem from some degree of truth, but you're generalization is based upon observation and not truth. Unless you have some statistical proof that backs up your generalization, your argument is invalid.

2) I was using 48 Hours as an example of where I have learned about gang violence. I would not consider that being involved, but being aware. Also, you are making an assumption of the public AGAIN. And we all know what they say about assuming.....

3) We live in a democracy and our role as citizens is to make our voices heard. Our other option is to take back the White House and reestablish the laws our country was founded upon, but I believe that should be a last resort. Maybe if more people voiced there opinions to the government demanding change, we would see that change.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by lolita64

It is a serious issue that people should pay more attention to. Something should be done, but it's completely different than a school shooting. I'm just saying the two shouldn't be compared.

Btw, I'm not for gun control.

I am not for Gun Control either and support the second amendment.
I grew up in Houston in the 70's and we had school shootings even then but you never heard about them on the national news media. Granted, they were schools in the run down parts of Houston.

This is all part of an agenda

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mandy1love

So you watching 48 hours, I'm assuming a TV show not involving Nolte orMurphy, and
That means you care about the deaths of gangbangers and blackkids???? Reallyyy?????

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm goin too have too say that nobody cares if some misguided "thugs" kill each other
Because they can't relate. Much in the same way that TPTB can't relate to not being a
Billionaire, so they don't care about you. From my viewpoint, it comes down to
Perspective and empathy, which almost no one has nowadays. To honestly put
Yourself in someone elses shoes and try to relate???? People dont do that anymore.
It's hard. It takes psychological risk and moral courage to do.

See if YOU cash do it. Put yourself in "their" shoes. That is how you create progress.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JerkyBeer

Um is that what I said?
REALLY???
Maybe you should reread what I posted...
I care for anyone, black, white, brown, or purple, who is brutally murdered. I would appreciate it if you didn't twist my words around to further the whole racist aspect of this post. Thanks!
edit on 14-1-2013 by mandy1love because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join