Congress less popular than cockroaches, traffic jams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but here it is. It is hilarious but sad and pathetic state of congress. This never gets attention on MSM as usual.

Raleigh, N.C. – Facing low approval ratings after a historically unproductive 112th session and a series of last-minute showdowns over fiscal matters, Congress is now less popular than root canals, NFL replacement referees, head lice, the rock band Nickelback, colonoscopies, carnies, traffic jams, cockroaches, Donald Trump, France, Genghis Khan, used-car salesmen and Brussel sprouts....
...."We all know Congress is unpopular,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “But the fact that voters like it even less than cockroaches, lice, and Genghis Khan really shows how far its esteem has fallen with the American public over the last few weeks".
LINK1
edit on 9-1-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hope to heck my congressman reads this.

People would rather have cockroaches in their home than a Congressperson. They like head lice more than Congress. WhooooWeeeee! That's special, isn't it?

It's wake up time, morons in the halls of Congress!

Oh, crap! I just remembered. These people will almost invariably vote the same lower-than-cockroach-scum back into office again.
edit on 9-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
yes, sad and hilarious. While politicians have never been the most popular of guys, it's a pretty sad state when Nickelback is more beloved than you are...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While this poll certainly makes a statement at how much congress is disliked, i seriously doubt people were actually serious in their responses.

I would wager choosing a cockroach (or other headache causes) over congress is more a metaphorical gesture at disgust or despisement than it is actuality.

But who's running neck-in-with Congress? Bedbugs! Who will pull ahead in the final stretch? Probably bedbugs...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well at least they are more popular than playground bullies and gonorrhea. Hey, we have to draw the line somewhere ya know

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I forgot where I heard this joke, but this seems to fit. Sorry if you’ve heard it already..or if I messed it up.

A trucker is sitting in dead stop traffic on I95. While sitting in the traffic a man walking between the cars comes up to the truckers door and explains to the trucker, that a madman has kidnapped all of congress and is holding them hostage on I95 saying he’ll set fire to them all if his demands are not met and that he and a few of the other drives have started a collection. To which the trucker asks “about what the average donation is?” which the man say “oh about a gallon”.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

I'm not American, however I did manage to catch the stats for the approval ratings of Congress and Precidency about 3 months ago.

Congress 15%
President 44%

I do remember choking on my coffee with laughter at the Congress statistics.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thank goodness they blew away the Kardashians

Perhaps we can look forward to a new reality series on C-SPAN.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Congress doesn't care how much you hate them.
They still have their lifelong 100% pension for working a tenth of the years the average American works to retire.
They still get 100% of their medical bills paid for by the taxpayer.
They still get their lavish parties, travel expenses, and armed security. All paid for by you.
And they still write the draconian laws you live under.

I'm sure they're feelings are hurt real bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

And you forgot to add, most of them were and will be re-elected by the people that hate them.

We have a term limit for President, Congress should be limited in the number of terms they may serve as well. Three terms as a Representative, two for Senators. Lifetime pensions should only be after 20 years of service. The only other possible service that should count toward that total is military and possible service in a Cabinet level agency/department.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The comment about being less popular that a rootcanal.Made me think how the we the tax payers can be compared to the masochistic patient (Bill Murry) going to the sadistic denist (Steve martin) in Little Shop Of Horrors.

We just keep sitting there and taking it.Is this how Congress views us?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

And you forgot to add, most of them were and will be re-elected by the people that hate them.

Well said. Star for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

You are wrong, I would rather have both cockroaches and lice than a congressman in my home. I can take direct action against both cockroaches and such, but low life like these I cannot, they are unfortunately protected.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Thank god a majority of people still have a little common sense

Q24 What do you have a higher opinion of: Congress or communism?
Congress ........................................................ 57%
Communism.................................................... 23%
Not sure .......................................................... 20%

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah. Not shocking is this?

Amazing that they stay employed at all. And with such great perqs and benefits too. All for a job that was never intended to even be full time, lifelong, or a career

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This would be hilarious if it weren't so serious.

What is the solution to use when the cockroaches get out of hand?

That was completely in jest. Please do not ingest. Do not use with water. Items in mirror are closer than they appear. Cover ears when reading. 3.5%APR. Annual returns not guaranteed. Keep off the grass. Consult your attorney before investing in any online scam.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Lower than NFL replacement referees? That's about as low as it gets!

When is it gonna be time to CLEANSE Washington DC of these charlatans?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

But Congress, like the Constitution, is something we are stuck with. Sacred.

The best you can do is re-elect a new representative.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You know what made me laugh the hardest, congress just barely beat
out nickle back lmao, 32 to 39, but to be honest its a surprise to me
that they even needed this study, they could have just, oh i don't know,
listened to the people they are suppose to listen to and not their
money grubbing masters........ people get a little upset when they
hire you to do a job and you turn around and argue that you know best
and the job should be done your way.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero