AIG to sue US Govt for bailing it out

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

AIG to sue US Govt for bailing it out

qz.com

The board of insurance company American International Group (AIG) may join a $25-billion lawsuit against the government for ripping off shareholders, the New York Times reports. This after it only just paid back the $182.3 billion that the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) offered as a stabilizing fund in 2008, netting the government a $22.7 billion profit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How rich.....(pun intended). The American govt swoops in and saves their *** against public opinion only to get sued for it in the end.

Personally, I find irony in the fact that they think 14% interest is "punitive" and should be illegal. If the court finds in their favor, are you going to see consumers suing their banks and credit card companies for 25%+ interest rates? What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, right?

qz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I almost threw up when I heard about this, for obvious reasons.

I'm no lawyer and I don't understand how they have a leg to stand on. They agreed to the terms and took the money. Personally, I can't blame the government for the high interest. It forces the too big to fail to pay it back promptly.

Bottom line to me is this. If you did not feel the terms were fair, then why did you accept the bailout? You cannot accept the taxpeyer's money as a bailout and then whine that the interest was too high. Not to mention that the reason you were in this mess is due to your own unregulated default swap scam which had its fingers reaching broadly across the financial world. This is borderline insanity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Dont know what to believe anymore. TARP was paid back, TARP wasnt paid back, they made money, they lost money.

The mainstream propaganda matrix wont even talk about the $16 trillion that the Fed gave away.

Sue everybody.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

join