It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happened to the Pharaohs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We all know the biblical story of what happened to pharaohs.

But what is the scientifically/historically accepted facts about what happened to the pharaohs?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
the pharaohs?

A bit vague.
"The Pharaohs", different ones, reigned for thousands of years.
(wikipedia says nearly 3 thousand years)

Did you have any particular one in mind?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rkingpin

you want someone else to search the net for you and then give you links ?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I mean the entire pharaoh civilation...

I searched google and these forums, did not find an answer that I wanted to look for. They seemed to talk about pyramids, their history and other stuff

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They were turned into mummies, and buried, except for the Pharaoh of the exodus, who was drowned and lost.

Or are you asking about some band from the 1960's? Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs??
edit on 9-1-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I guess you can start here and read until your eyes go cross.

en.wikipedia.org...

Unless you have something specific in mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The Pharaoh of the Exodus wasn't drowned; only his army, at least according to the Bible.

Well now I don't know what to think Psalm 136 says Pharaoh and his army were swept into the water but the way it's written in Exodus really makes it sound like his army drowned but he did not.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
We all know the biblical story of what happened to pharaohs.

But what is the scientifically/historically accepted facts about what happened to the pharaohs?

The Libyans
The Nubians
The Assyrians
The Persians
The Greeks
The Romans
The Arabs
That's what happened to the pharaohs

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You mean the people of Ancient Egypt? Nothing. Other cultures moved in and slowly subsumed their culture, and eventually produced the people you see in Egypt today. The population never left or was displaced, and the end of the Pharaohic period was largely due to infighting, poor management of resources, and a crippling defeat by the Persians. Then the Greeks got it (Chleopatra, despite what many people think, was a Macedonian Greek, not an Egyptian). After that the Ottomans got their hands and brought Islam to the Egyptians. Then the British got in there. Basically, to boil it down, the same thing that eventually happens to every empire. Some one else came by and assimilated them culturally.

There is, literally, no mystery to the end of Pharaohic period of Egyptian history. They just got conquered.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Also, the Biblical story only regaurds one Pharaoh. Most commonly held to be Rameses I or Rameses II. Neither of these figures, as far as archeologists and anthropologists have discovered ever actually dealt with literally anything in the Exodus story.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus

The Pharaoh of the Exodus wasn't drowned; only his army, at least according to the Bible.

Well now I don't know what to think Psalm 136 says Pharaoh and his army were swept into the water but the way it's written in Exodus really makes it sound like his army drowned but he did not.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

I went back and read the relevant part of Exodus, and the fate of Pharaoh is not explicitly mentioned - however, it was the custom, as far as I know, for the king to march at the head of his army. I'll go with Pharaoh drowning.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by obscurepanda
Also, the Biblical story only regaurds one Pharaoh. Most commonly held to be Rameses I or Rameses II. Neither of these figures, as far as archeologists and anthropologists have discovered ever actually dealt with literally anything in the Exodus story.

The Pharaoh of the Exodus drowned, so we KNOW it was not Rameses, because we have his mummy!

According to David Rohl, in his book, Pharaohs and Kings; a Biblical Quest, Dudimose was the Pharaoh of the Exodus, in 1447 BC.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
taharaq was the last traditional horus king from the nile provinces.

persians invaded him about 525bc

in 332bc, Alexander the great liberated egypt from the persians

leading to greek and roman rule untill about 32bc, ending with cleopatra

then we have the rise of the roman empire

importantly

BOTH KUSH-ITES AND THEBANS ARE TODAY CONSIDERED NUBIAN
all pharaohs had a NUB name

narmer - nubian
after 15th dynasty hykosis rule, NUBIANS ruled
tuthmosis - nubian

ALL NILE VALLEY HORUS KINGS ARE TODAY NUBIAN

claiming nubians are seperate from pharaohs is wrong...the kanuzi nubians currently live surrounding karnack, thebes, edfu, abydos, and all of upper egypt

the reason why they are forced to admit black people ruled, is that the 20-25th dynasty tombs are as fresh as yesterday....thats why they label it nubian because the evidence is overwhelming

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The Pharaoh of the Exodus drowned, so we KNOW it was not Rameses, because we have his mummy!

According to David Rohl, in his book, Pharaohs and Kings; a Biblical Quest, Dudimose was the Pharaoh of the Exodus, in 1447 BC.

Nevermind that all the evidense we've uncovered points to the Exodus account being a myth, right? That's how we know it wasn't Rameses. Everything we've uncovered tells us one thing; the Exodus account is a plausable legend at best, and more realistically a myth.

The problem with David Rohl is that, among his peers, he is seen as, to be polite, misguided. I'm sure you'll say something about how it's the Devil tricking me, or how tPtB are hiding a non-existant hidden past, but the reality is there wasn't a Pharaoh who drowned leading his army against a mass of Hebrew slaves. There weren't Hebrew slaves in Egypt (and by this I mean there is literally nothing to suggest there have ever been other than the Bible) and even the name Moses is just a fragment of a possible host of names. FYI, Rameses among them.

The truth here is that all archeological finds thus far have concluded that the Hebrews originated in Caanan (the Levant today). Linguistically and culturally the earliest examples of Jewish settlements are all overwhelmingly Canaanite. The early name for the Jewish deity, El, is the name of the Patron Canaanite god. Oh, and Hebrew writing is based off of Early Canaanite writing. The only way one can really tell the difference between an ancient Jewish and a Canaanite settlement is the absence of pig bones, and even that may not mean much of anything.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but y'all do promote the denial of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

no the pharaoh didnt drown...he watched his army drown

also in the 18th/19th dynastys....a cult was kicked out and was threaeting the royal line....

probaby was ramsees2....as ramsees3 was killed...probably by the people his grandad kicked out

peace

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by obscurepanda
You mean the people of Ancient Egypt? Nothing. Other cultures moved in and slowly subsumed their culture, and eventually produced the people you see in Egypt today. The population never left or was displaced, and the end of the Pharaohic period was largely due to infighting, poor management of resources, and a crippling defeat by the Persians. Then the Greeks got it (Chleopatra, despite what many people think, was a Macedonian Greek, not an Egyptian). After that the Ottomans got their hands and brought Islam to the Egyptians. Then the British got in there. Basically, to boil it down, the same thing that eventually happens to every empire. Some one else came by and assimilated them culturally.

There is, literally, no mystery to the end of Pharaohic period of Egyptian history. They just got conquered.

The Ottomans didn't bring Islam to Egypt. The neighboring Arabs did.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Great answers, basically being conquered by the Romans and Arabs prior to that put an end to the Pharoahs and what was considered ancient Egypt or Khemet inhabited by the khu#es predominantly, also much of the knowledge that existed was siphoned off by both groups and absorbed into their own, much of the legacy of the original Egyptians, rituals, Gods and rites found their way into Greece and Roman a lot of credits given to these two groups also including the arabs were birthed by the 30 plus dynasties.

It is unfortunate that the history propagated in most western education will mostly concentrate on the Greco Roman period of Cleopatra, which that was at the end of Egypt, after at least 30 dynasties of indigenous Egyptians ruled before that.

33 dynasties of Egyptians

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

They were turned into mummies, and buried, except for the Pharaoh of the exodus, who was drowned and lost.

The great and noble Pharoah Yul Brynner.. Made it.. And was last seen shouting Moseses name on the shore whilst Charlton Heston was giving him the bird on the other side..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What happened to ancient Egypt? Islam invaded!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That's my favorite movie, a little campy I'll admit, but it's such a good movie. So many great lines and deliveries, really theatrical I guess but it fits the material. Usually watch it every year sometimes more.

But his last scene in the movie is coming back home to kill his wife like he promised when he left (he said he would return with Moses' blood upon his sword "to mingle with your own") but she's like well where is his blood? So he drops the sword gets up into his throne and says something along the lines of "Moses' god is God" and then fades out to "Mt. Sinai"
edit on 10-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join